The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
These black immigrants identify as African American because there's huge cultural and LEGAL value in doing so. There's also huge cultural and legal ramifications that come as a result of identifying as African American.

This is where the duplicitous, parasitic nature of the black immigrant comes in.

They'll claim to be us when it benefits them, and try to turn it off when that specific pressure of being African American becomes too real for them.

From what i can tell, this happens for two main reasons:

1. Our forward thinking approach of Black First makes us blind to false allies and leeches who are still practicing Petty Tribalism

2. Loose governmental policies, identifiers, and applications that (On paper) allow, and FORCE black immigrants to blend into our ethnicity - and ultimately eat off of our resources and cultural capital while they simultaneously practice cultural exclusion AGAINST us.

Loose governmental bullshyt like this. The hispanics and asians got all kinds of ethnic options but look at the Black option :comeon:

Coj8Mj8VUAAy_F9.jpg

Last edited:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Issa trick!

The current urban black culture is largely the old traditional rural/southern black culture

I don't fukk with Sowell too much outside of this book but there's some good information here

Didn't Sowell say that traditional Southern Black culture was an extension of dysfunctional White Southern culture?

Correct if I'm wrong that he said that, but if so I disagree.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Pretty much. That's why I don't care who you are, if your ancestors weren't toiling the soil of the American South prior to the civil war you're not us, and that's not a bad thing, it just is what it is.
:yeshrug:

Honestly it's gotten to the point where I don't care for being called African American... I prefer native born Black American :manny: as in descendant of American chattel slavery. We need a specific term.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Honestly it's gotten to the point where I don't care for being called African American... I prefer native born Black American :manny: as in descendant of American chattel slavery. We need a specific term.
African-American>>>Black American as an ethnic term... Using Black American has hurt us more. I'll explain when you reply.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
U feel me!!!

If u look at all my posts I say us Black Americans I never say African American. That bullshyt term was made up by Jesse Jackson and wrongly placed on us