The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I would argue that the posted info above is not disseminated to the masses. People on this board truly do not understand Africa and I don't blame you guys. These libraries or centers are only accessible to the elites of those societies. People are STRUGGLING in that part of the world, there is no time for info intake just to expand one's horizons. Most of the info that people take in are coming from school curriculums, there is no library people can just go and check out books on other parts of the world. Most of these places are failed states that are not even capable to send pupils to school if you don't have money you are screwed there is no K-12th public school system funded by the government. Please if you have a chance travel.

Sorry but these excuses are not cutting it and they definitely aren't cutting it for the immigrants who actually live in the USA.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Sorry but these excuses are not cutting it and they definitely aren't cutting it for the immigrants who actually live in the USA.

You call it excuses I call it informed opinion but a lot of people in this thread are all knowing without the experiences and very American-centric. This thread has run its course and nobody is going to convince each other in terms of opinion but some of these comments border on hatred which is not good but it was a nice discussion. Always happy to share my experiences and hear informed opinions of others.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
What makes this confusing
Especially coming from 2nd and third gen non afram blacks. Is the fact that they move and maneuver like Aframs. In speech, in the way they act just their entire ebb and flow
Distinctions arent made until its something negative
with aframs and its time to not be like "those blacks"
Or its that time to be "Exotic"

Aframs through our modern "black" redefinition has everyone being us and not us at the same time

Lets take Farrakhan for instance. A dude who moves and even talks like a Pastor born and raised somewhere in Georgia is really of caribbean descent
Its hard to really combat it when non aframs subscribe to the modern concept of blackness that we've created

Look at all the non afram coli posters through out this board. Even the non afram people on the grapevine including that nigerian host

All of them subscribe to the Afram Amended version of Modern Blackness

She will talk caribbean this, and african that yet the bulk of her topics are mainly Afram cultural/pop culture related:dead:

Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense, nonsense and more nonsense.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
lol... I remember when I said that Mexicans had more of an understanding to white supremacy than African immigrants some of these Africans came out the flood gate on some :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

I don't give a shyt if anyone says, I am never backtracking from that statement... This is why I said AAs NEED to drop our racialized label for more of an ethnic one before we do anything else.

:damn: that is coldblooded. I apologize for the bumped threads but this is like food for my soul. I missed out on alot of these threads and stopped going to the Root as much for a couple years.

But ain't that statement the truth. What makes it more embarrassing is that Mexicans even with having more of an understanding to white supremacy than African immigrants is that they and the whites can understand white supremacy while being racist to AAs. :dead: We have two racist groups more familiar with and understanding white supremacy more than the Black immigrants. That is some sad shyt.

Also i know some of you must have noticed how some of them, both african and caribbean have started to act brand new now and get all militant. It took immigration visas/ green cards being revoked for them to wake up about racism but when we were talking about police brutality it couldn't be understood :russ:

Talk about how lazy and dumb AAs and their children are but these are the same Einsteins that never decided to upgrade a 30 year old green card into a citizenship then got shocked and appalled that they are being sent back with green cards :snoop:

I don't think yall have gone into depth about this aspect but think about the consequences and what is gonna happen down the line. To me its obvious that whether or not immigration reform is passed soon, the point is that whatever it ends up being will be strict and Black immigrants will be at the back of the line with Hispanics in front and then they will get their wakeup call even more.

You will see the Black Immigrants slow down with talking to their kids about how white schools are such a Utopia(i know yall remember how they always did that) and acting as if black schools are so terrible(while not knowing about Hbcus and charter schools). Now you will see them try to be on some :myman: down in the South and learning more about AA colleges/universities/charter schools.

AAs were already more educated, it was just that the media took small sample sizes of immigrants and skewed the numbers. However with more AAs moving down south where we have much of her black universities, black owned banks and black businesses, and black suburbs we will become even more advanced. And i been on record saying already we will go through a Renaissance Period.

Black Immigrants will be on that waiting list for immigration and the ones who did get caught up, remember they have to stay for a certain time in their country before coming back.

They can keep running to Canada, UK and France to escape their problems like what they always do but those countries will eventually have their own versions of a Trump one day too(especially France) and it will teach them to stop running all over the place and staying in one spot.

They can't run from their Blackness forever :sas2:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
this is nothing new...afrocentric aframs been on that since the 1960's

“It was incredible how my head was turned,” Kuti told the New York Times in 1987. “Everything fell into place. For the first time, I saw the essence of blackism. It’s crazy; in the States people think the black power movement drew inspiration from Africa. All these Americans come over here looking for awareness, they don’t realize they’re the ones who’ve got it over there. We were even ashamed to go around in national dress until we saw pictures of blacks wearing dashikis on 125th street.”

>Fela Kuti and traditional African religion

The end of this post is so touching :to: for the simple fact that he pioneered AfroBeat and now it is a genre blowing up heavy and may be one of the bigger genres in the years to come