The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Oh I've peeped all of what you just mentioned.

Alot of them Hotep nikka's aint AA either,
:patrice: and I've stated before I think them and the feminists are two sides of the same coin and alot of these clowns were rejects growing up...interesting stuff to consider.
:mjgrin:
Nah some of these Hoteps ARE AA! One of my older uncles on my AA side is a bit of a Hotep and tried to convert all of us to "the Israelites!" :heh: Man my family has some interesting characters...

But trust me there are many AA hoteps. The black feminists are another story.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Nah some of these Hoteps ARE AA! One of my older uncles on my AA side is a bit of a Hotep and tried to convert all of us to "the Israelites!" :heh: Man my family has some interesting characters...

But trust me there are many AA hoteps. The black feminists are another story.
Oh no doubt we started that mess.
:lolbron:

Thats why IMO when outsiders talk wild about us I try to take into account that alot of AA Hoteps help put the battery in their back to begin with.

I grew up around it too which kinda shaped my perspective about all of this. Half my fam growing up were Hotep as hell, a generation or two removed from the south...very urbanized. The other half were some country folk straight out the south who adapted to the city but kept their old ways...and thats the side I spent more time around.

I remember getting teased about eating chitlins and pig feet, being superstitious, etc. It's kinda why I feel strongly about alot of this shyt, I grew up in the middle of that rift.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Thats why IMO when outsiders talk wild about us I try to take into account that alot of AA Hoteps help put the battery in their back to begin with.

I grew up around it too which kinda shaped my perspective about all of this. Half my fam growing up were Hotep as hell, a generation or two removed from the south...very urbanized. The other half were some country folk straight out the south who adapted to the city but kept their old ways...and thats the side I spent more time around.

I remember getting teased about eating chitlins and pig feet, being superstitious, etc. It's kinda why I feel strongly about alot of this shyt, I grew up in the middle of that rift.

The thing is the uncle I am talking about is NOT removed from the South but not only lives there but has a STRONGER southern accent than his sister[my grandmother].

And yes they really did put a battery in theirs. I tried telling this Moroccan chick who thinks hoteps represents all AAs that they are a very vocal but small minority.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
The thing is the uncle I am talking about is NOT removed from the South but not only lives there but has a STRONGER southern accent than his sister[my grandmother].

And yes they really did put a battery in theirs. I tried telling this Moroccan chick who thinks hoteps represents all AAs that they are a very vocal but small minority.

exactly why I said

the average afram doesn't care about NOI or have any real connection with them

The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

facts:lolbron:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps

Interesting, yeah the man that started alot of this was straight out of North Carolina his damn self. (Noble Drew Ali). The Hotepness on my side of the family started with my great-great grandma who was from East Texas, though that was definitely the exception not the rule.

And I agree absolutely about being very vocal...too vocal at that, with a very good amount of influence. AA's have no culture, we're a lost people, blah blah blah...these nikka's push that more than anybody.

Defining AA as a true identity has to undo decades of this type of rhetoric being accepted and poorly challenged.
:snoop:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Interesting, yeah the man that started alot of this was straight out of North Carolina his damn self. (Noble Drew Ali). The Hotepness on my side of the family started with my great-great grandma who was from East Texas, though that was definitely the exception not the rule.

And I agree absolutely about being very vocal...too vocal at that, with a very good amount of influence. AA's have no culture, we're a lost people, blah blah blah...these nikka's push that more than anybody.

Defining AA as a true identity has to undo decades of this type of rhetoric being accepted and poorly challenged.
I consider myself a bit of a hotep but more the lines of an Africanist. But even so I already know you have to studied on your OWN ethnic group if you wanna go into the realm of Africanism.

These hoteps do not understand that. And which is why I agreed with this good AA poster[he put me on game to A LOT of AA history] when he said if you wanna find good stuff on juicy AA history then you wont find it with these street corner hoteps.

Hoteps would have NEVER thought of making a thread like this!
Refuting the myth that Black American music/culture is "Europeanized".

I am STILL using whats said in that thread as references online and am still seeing some people on other sites reference that thread. One of the most important threads I created. Again hoteps would have never thought of something like that and its thanks to that AA poster I mentioned that I was able to make that thread.

Some nikkas in that thread were really like, "what do you mean?:ohhh:"

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@IllmaticDelta

I wouldn't consider the NOI hoteps at least not in the same catagory as those BHI or Egyptian nikkas.

some of those hotepisms run through/originate from Moorish Science/Hebrew Israelites/NOI. That shyt about slave food/chitlins was even said by them, before you heard outsiders (non-aframs) tryna diss it

The average AA DOES care for the NOI at least THROUGH Malcolm X and the million man march.

average Afram respects Malcolm X and the million man march but they don't fully attach it to NOI.

the average afram relates more to

than

for the most part, only north east aframs were on this type of thing

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

facts

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
I consider myself a bit of a hotep but more the lines of an Africanist. But even so I already know you have to studied on your OWN ethnic group if you wanna go into the realm of Africanism.

These hoteps do not understand that. And which is why I agreed with this good AA poster[he put me on game to A LOT of AA history] when he said if you wanna find good stuff on juicy AA history then you wont find it with these street corner hoteps.

Hoteps would have NEVER thought of making a thread like this!
Refuting the myth that Black American music/culture is "Europeanized".

I am STILL using whats said in that thread as references online and am still seeing some people on other sites reference that thread. One of the most important threads I created. Again hoteps would have never thought of something like that and its thanks to that AA poster I mentioned that I was able to make that thread.

Some nikkas in that thread were really like, "what do you mean?:ohhh:"
That thread is what endeared me to this board.
:obama:

Who we are as a people has been so poorly defined and understood. It's frustrating but we have the knowledge to change that IMO.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
some of those hotepisms run through/originate from Moorish Science/Hebrew Israelites/NOI. That shyt about slave food/chitlins was even said by them, before you heard outsiders (non-aframs) tryna diss it

average Afram respects Malcolm X and the million man march but they don't fully attach it to NOI.

the average afram relates more to

than

for the most part, only north east aframs were on this type of thing

The bolded is true I must admit.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
That thread is what endeared me to this board.
:obama:

Who we are as a people has been so poorly defined and understood. It's frustrating but we have the knowledge to change that IMO.

Wish I can rep. That just shows what me @IllmaticDelta and @Poitier are doing is working.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I think only a very small minority of those people attacking haitians were ethnic afroamericans. I think it was you a while back that mentioned how those floridians attacking hatians were actually bahamians. There was even a video with some :mjpls:haitian chick trying to come at aframs but in the same video admitted they (hatians) were getting it from jamaicans, trinis, bajans and all other west indians in brooklyn:martin:
Some were Bahamian some were AA. Bahamians had been in Florida a long time and didn't have much trouble assimilatingt and marrying AA's. Haitians were the new black "outsider" to both groups. Haitians caught hell from everyone though.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Oh I've peeped all of what you just mentioned.

Alot of them Hotep nikka's aint AA either,
:patrice: and I've stated before I think them and the feminists are two sides of the same coin and alot of these clowns were rejects growing up...interesting stuff to consider.
:mjgrin:
Alot of feminist aren't AA. Hoteps are a mix. But even if hoteps weren't AA, wouldn't that completely go against the narrative that Black foreigners are divisive since most of that hotepology strives to bring all blacks together.