The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
lol there never was kumbaya. The AAs who visit any African nation are welcomed with open arms, African Immigrants cant say the same from the looks of the "light hearted teasing" that goes on.

@ any AA who has actually visited an African nation on this site how they were treated.

And lets be real, you have no plans on going to Africa and you yourself literally said Africans need to build something for you opposed to you actually wanting to go do real business.

You sound like the "b*stard baby makers" Jason Black clowns, looking for handouts.
:mjlol:
That's true. @LuckyLefty has a whole thread on SA. Seems to be all positive.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
lol not even Africans, island cats like Haitians caught hell too.

IDK why cats act like Black immigrants get the red carpet rolled out for em. At the end of the day c00ning comes from every side, if there was some group that had no c00ns, that group wouldn't be in the situation they are in now.
Haitians used to catch hell. Not just harmless teasing either, I'm talking physical violence. To the point where you had a few Haitians who hid that they were Haitian, committing suicide when folks found out they were Haitian. That was some c00n stuff from the AA side. Why hate other black people who are just as poor if not poorer than you? Why?

But those days are long gone. More and more AA are dating and having kids with Haitians. Back in the day an AA chick wouldn't be caught dead with a Haitian dude. And even if she liked Haitian men, her parents wouldn't allow it. But nowadays, Alot of Haitian women don't even like Haitian men.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
The grapevyne uploaded the AA Perspective

Call me naive but if your skin was black, we Liked you. If you were from the West Indies, Nigeria, Belize or Miami, we fukked with you as long as you were black. That's how we were raised. Sure, people would tease you for being dark. In was teased for bein dark skin but damn I never knew there were issues how some perceived Black people in America. It's fukked up. Social media revealed a lot of true colors.

And if we are going to call a spade a spade, I do t understand how other black people from the diaspora point fingers at us black people but hey do the same shyt. Like colorism and skin bleaching. Hypocrites. It's not right on all ends but we got to be honest.
You from CA. The AA Vs African thing is regional. On the eastcoast where there's a higher population of rich AND poor Africans and west Indians, there was much more conflict. CA blacks are chill and seem to be cool with everyone who's black. Eastcoast get so many black immigrants shuffled into the same poor neighborshoods and situations as AAs that there can only be conflict between two groups who have so little. Another reason why West coast is bestcoast. Those Issa Rae type Africans who were raised in Inglewood and have immersed themselves in AA culture and grew up with wealthy, middle class and poor AA's have a better grasp and love for AA's. Out here on the east, it's a little diffirent. But getting better.

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Haitians used to catch hell. Not just harmless teasing either, I'm talking physical violence. To the point where you had a few Haitians who hid that they were Haitian, committing suicide when folks found out they were Haitian. That was some c00n stuff from the AA side. Why hate other black people who are just as poor if not poorer than you? Why?

But those days are long gone. More and more AA are dating and having kids with Haitians. Back in the day an AA chick wouldn't be caught dead with a Haitian dude. And even if she liked Haitian men, her parents wouldn't allow it. But nowadays, Alot of Haitian women don't even like Haitian men.

Being that it was Florida, how did yall distinguish multigenerational Bahamians and AAs?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Being that it was Florida, how did yall distinguish multigenerational Bahamians and AAs?
That's a great question. It depends on the neighborhood and last name. As large as the Bahamian population in Miami is, AA's from GA, NC, and SC were nearly equal to that of bahamians in terms of population. But you're right, Haitians did catch hell from Bahamians when they immigrated to The Bahamas. Could have all the hate come from Bahamians? Who knows...

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Aframs do not and have never gone around saying that about africans in any large numbers. Remember, it was Aframs who put continental africans on a pedestal when eurocentric views were the mainstream. It was aframs who created and helped spread modern africanist/afrocentric studies to the rest of the world which would have been impossible if you think Aframs actually looked down on Africans or thought of them as nothing more than "booty scratchers".
So why do AAs (on this site) think the Continent looks down on them, when literally every AA that steps foot on the continent is treated like royalty? There are less African Immigrants in America than total AAs yet that small number that has an even small number of c00ns are used to slander ALL Africans?
The answer to both of your questions could be white supremacy.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

I think only a very small minority of those people attacking haitians were ethnic afroamericans. I think it was you a while back that mentioned how those floridians attacking hatians were actually bahamians. There was even a video with some :mjpls:haitian chick trying to come at aframs but in the same video admitted they (hatians) were getting it from jamaicans, trinis, bajans and all other west indians in brooklyn:martin:

Last edited:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
I think only very small minority of those people attacking haitians were ethnic afroamericans. I think it was you a while back that mentioned how those floridians attacking hatians were actually bahamians. There was even a video with some :mjpls:hatian chick trying to come at aframs but in the same video admitted they (hatians) were getting it from jamaicans, trinis, bajans and all other west indians in brooklyn:martin:
Whoa whoa whoa hold up, so we might be catching all this flack for some other nikka's bs?
:heh:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Whoa whoa whoa hold up, so we might be catching all this flack for some other nikka's bs?
:heh:
I said something like this before but yes. This is NOTHING NEW which is why I have said we should "limit" the label "black." I think @Poitier even remembers me saying that when clowns diss AA women they also mean to diss Americanized non-AA black women.

Americanized non-AA black women are able to avoid getting attacked by dusty negros because those dusty negros[especially those lets go to Brazil clowns] assume ALL Americanized black women are AA women. Hell most of the black feminist I see seem to be non-AA black women.

So again this is nothing new. Outsiders think ALL American Black people are ethnic AA especially in NYC.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are one people!!
The victories are for all of us to share and we are as strong as our weakest link.
We continue as a group to push toward for all of us.
I'm sick of Mfs like you who are NOT AFrican American thinking you can come to OUR country and dictate who is and isn't African American and who is to benefit from OUR legacy.
The triumphs of African American DoS is for US ALL to celebrate.
Any person reading this thread and feels some sting of envy from African Americans celebrating and honoring our people, OUR culture, and OUR heritage was NEVER an ally of our ethnic group to began with.

You are twisting my words to create conflict to get daps from emitional thinkers who lack critical thinking.
Where did I say who is and who isnt AA. Who is jealous? Ive never said anything bad about any blacks as a group on here. It doesnt matter how much people agree with you.

You seem to want to stoke fires of conflict and create enmity. It doesnt matter how much someone tries to have constructive conversation alot of you on here are hell bent on combative agendas which help nobody and progress nothing.

Alot if you internet characters are insecure and weak and you are looking for others(cacs, asians,yt hispanics, other blacks, other AAs) to validate you or bow down so you can have a crumb of self worth. All you do is twist other peoples words to create conflict. I have no respect for that. You discuss nothing constructive.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
I said something like this before but yes. This is NOTHING NEW which is why I have said we should "limit" the label "black." I think @Poitier even remembers me saying that when clowns diss AA women they also mean to diss Americanized non-AA black women.

Americanized non-AA black women are able to avoid getting attacked by dusty negros because those dusty negros[especially those lets go to Brazil clowns] assume ALL Americanized black women are AA women. Hell most of the black feminist I see seem to be non-AA black women.

So again this is nothing new. Outsiders think ALL American Black people are ethnic AA especially in NYC.
Oh I've peeped all of what you just mentioned.

Alot of them Hotep nikka's aint AA either,
:patrice: and I've stated before I think them and the feminists are two sides of the same coin and alot of these clowns were rejects growing up...interesting stuff to consider.
:mjgrin: