The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
^ I think the point is that the Africans aren't targeted specifically because of their ethnicity by AA's. It's usually crimes of opportunity and such, not straight up hate crime.

The point is it happened, and they and individuals like him are not innocent. However, i am smart enough to not to blame and whole entire group. I must admit i was really angered by that murder.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Alright bro you got it. You have been traveled to Africa extensively to come to the conclusion that Africans are just out there hunting down African-Americans and mistreating them because of their ethnicity. You are a disgusting and dangerous human being and worst of all you don't speak from experience. I don't know what Africans have done to you bro get some help.

noone ever said that...what was said was that africans were more xenophobic than aframs which is undeniably true

There is ignorance and venom on both sides which I am willing to acknowledge but to somehow use an incident that happened to Ghana when everybody damn well knows that citizens of X Sub-Saharan African country damn near are deferential and give preferential treatment to Westerners regardless of race and yet paint a continent of a billion plus as anti-Black American so far as implying that they would commit murder is quite stupid and dangerous.

again, noone said all, the majority or even half of africans were anti-afram. We just said that there is/was a more common occurrence of africans (and west indians) on that:mjpls:tip towards aframs, than the reverse.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
That dumb article is your excuse for being willfully ignorant. People like you don't know when to turn off the conflict button. You proved my point. You're a clown and a c00n.

giphy.gif

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
noone ever said that...what was said was that africans were more xenophobic than aframs which is undeniably true

again, noone said all, the majority or even half of africans were anti-afram. We just said that there is/was a more common occurrence of africans (and west indians) on that:mjpls:tip towards aframs, than the reverse.

Yea Africans are on some funny shyt toward AAs that's true in America because they are exposed to the mass media like everyone In America is exposed to just like AAs are exposed to the same popular media that depicts Africans as primitive human beings. It goes both ways. How is one group more inclined to accept the stereotype of one over the other (meaning how likely are Africans willing to accept negative AA stereotypes and how willing are AAs willing to accept African stereotypes I don't know) and I also don't know from what facts you draw your undeniable conclusion that Africans are more likely to be hostile to AAs than the other way around.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Yea Africans are on some funny shyt toward AAs that's true in America because they are exposed to the mass media like everyone In America is exposed to just like AAs are exposed to the same popular media that depicts Africans as primitive human beings. It goes both ways. How is one group more inclined to accept the stereotype of one over the other (meaning how likely are Africans willing to accept negative AA stereotypes and how willing are AAs willing to accept African stereotypes I don't know)

I touched on that here

The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

and I also don't know from what facts you draw your undeniable conclusion that Africans are more likely to be hostile to AAs than the other way around.

the fact that aframs aren't xenophobic, are generally a "black" first over nationality/ethnicity people, will welcome in any "black," regardless of their nationality into their circles....just to quote what I already posted

yes for the most part...

aframs have no beef with foreign blacks unless they're triggered to feel that way. Aframs accept outsiders with open arms...how else can you explain black foreigners being so easily absorbed into afram mainstream culture(s) w/o backlash from those same aframs? We never accuse them of cultural appropriation but as soon as an afram takes part in their culture(s), they get called a culture vulture:jbhmm:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)

The media is America's soft power home/abroad and don't underestimate its power especially for people who have not been here. I once talked to a guy in Ghana who thought America was a majority Black country because he liked/followed the NBA. The media is powerful especially for people who have not been to the US and once they come here it shapes them especially for the older immigrants who migrated here prior to the internet age.

I am not trying to rub this in anybody's face but people who do not travel especially to the developing world just do not know the power of American soft power media.

However the onus is on the person who now has access to greater info and has an experience to engage in a multi-cultural society to learn more.

Last edited:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
this but I would change it to "since I started browsing the internet"..........I mentioned before that years ago I stumbled across some Jamaican board and these cat's were talking crazy about how they birthed everything in Afram culture, making silly claims that all the popular civil rights/pop icons of afroamerica were west indians (wtf??), reggae-rastas is the father of hiphop/black consciousness:heh:

AA's birthed blues, the blueprint of modern music and jazz, probably the most technical, meritable artistic form of music which still rides on syncopation and swing. It is the chess of music people spend their whole lives trying to master.

They really don't want to give credit to us huh

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
^ I think the point is that the Africans aren't targeted specifically because of their ethnicity by AA's. It's usually crimes of opportunity and such, not straight up hate crime.

@Misreeya should really stay out of these discussions because she has a bad track record in them.

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
@Misreeya should really stay out of these discussions because she has a bad track record in them.

By expressing a opinions i have a bad track record. If people cannot take differences of opinion then i cannot help that. Then again, i have a track record of dissenting opinions especially among my community. One thing i have to give them credit, they did not resort to name calling especially from my experiences from my own community, example being called a "bytch", daughters of whores, Westernize bytch, being curse by a suppose "God" among other things names. At the same time, the same mentality exist here like sudannet or facebook, or former Paltalk which is "group think". If you have a dissenting opinions you are "damn" and penalized for expressing a opinion. People must learn how to take criticism or people differences, because not everyone is going to see the world the same, because everyone experiences is not the same. That is all i am sayin, and i do not believe i said anything wrong. Anyway, i am done with this topic

Cheers.