The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
this but I would change it to "since I started browsing the internet"..........I mentioned before that years ago I stumbled across some Jamaican board and these cat's were talking xrazy about they birthed everything in Afram culture, making silly claims that all the popular civil rights/pop icons of afroamerica were west indians (wtf??), reggae-rastas is the father of hiphop/black consciousness:heh:
Tf?
For us to "Not have a culture" people sure do love to claim our accomplishments

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You and those that agreed are insecure and this is a stupid point.

...Im not insecure...Im just posting the truth. The shyt/vibe I speak of was on full display by many continental africans that were tweeting, which was then posted in this thread.

Africans accuse African Americans of "appropriating" their culture (legitimate criticism?)

:scust:

Blacks around the world respected what African Americans did in America during and after slavery and were proud and inspired by it.
You and your type behave the opposite of that legacy. Most of you keyboard warriors are riding off other peoples accomplishments but are empty vessels with idiotic if not superficial talking points

:comeon:

Your post is clownish

:umad:

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol...... I tried to avoid this thread because of some of the pure stupidity and ignorance emanating from that

For perspective I was born in the United States ..... I gave up my citizenship and I have dual Nigerian/ UK citizenship.... I have two passports and I run my own business in Nigeria with my brother and we both live part time in Nigeria and the UK.... And I spend a couple of moths a year in Barcelona

PLease find me AFrican Americans that went into any country in Africa and were mistreated .....you don't go there but somehow "oh they don't fukk with us" ..... Stupidity

At the same time all the stories of blacks being mistreated in Europe but you still running there on vacation .....please spare me the bullshyt

When I lived in America the only shyt I got about being African was from African Americans ..... And every insult that has been said in this thread directed at Africans I heard.... Or I got the bullshyt "you don't look African" when those ignorant fukks thought they were giving me a compliment

But it never bothered me ... YOU KNOW WHY?? because i was intelligent enough to know that those idiots got their view of Africa from the racist media who depict every African of living in a mud hut, dying of starvation/maleria/aids or in some civil war

I am intelligent enough to know not all African Americans feel that way

The same media that portrays African Americans as lazy and criminals which some Africans treat as the truth

Both groups are just as stupid and brainwashed as eachother

and then you have some idiots in here speaking about African Americans are the only ones pushing Pan africanism

dumbest thing I heard in my life

you know why Africans dont push pan africanism? because we live it.... you eat African food, you speak your language, you go to work everyone you see is black, your boss is black, the person that owns the company is black, your president (no matter how useless is black) you observe all your native customs and festivals even if you are a Christian or Muslim... you are literally living pan Africanism

And you would know that if your ass had ever bothered to get on a plane and go to one of the 59 odd countries in Africa....

another misguided person talking about Fela was radicalised in the US....

He hadnt suffered racism before he left Africa

people post things like this and once again no context....

Most Africans that live in Africa have never experienced racism .... trying to explain racism to them is like trying to explain what its like to catch maleria to you guys... they understand racism from an intellectual perspective, i.e colonialism, the wests foreign policy , IMF , United nations etc.... but hardly any of them that hasnt travelled has experienced it...... the best analogy i give them is that its a bit like tribalism but 1000 times worse

apart from odd isolated incidents white people in Africa behave themselves and stay humble,.... shyt can go from 0 to 100 in Africa REAL QUICK so white people just keep it very meek and respectful..... you are dealing with people that might not even see a white person for months (depending on where you live), have never been called a ******, have never been turned down for promotion because they are black, have never been racial profiled .... I could go on for ever ..... so there view of white people is different from ours

3 weeks ago a friend took me and my brother to a bar in Lagos and we bounced after about 10 minutes because there were too many foreigners , she said a lot of you guys that lived abroad dont like white people

i replied to her "the easiest way to dislike white people is to live amongst them"

and thats what you guys dont realise you throw c00n this c00n that but because you have never bothered get on a plane you cant see that people have different experiences

nothing as dumb as an armchair warrior/revolutionary who has never bothered to see for himself..... and that includes both sides of the argument

But hands down the saddest and most pathetic thing i read in this thread is

Africans are benefitting from us

any black person in the USA whether African American, African or Caribbean who thinks somehow they are benefiting from living in that Babylon is a modern day slave.

You idiots on both sides are typical internet warriors.... somehow if you dont experience something in real life but see it on the net then that supersedes your real life experiences, you will ignore 100 good things to focus on 1 bad thing, you offer no solutions , you debate endlessly but you dont actually do anything in your real lives to bring about change to your complaints....... and generally you are just miserable

I have friends from Jamaica to America to Lebanon to Ghana to Morocco..... I could go on and on, ill be dammed If I start to think like yall

fukk these crakkas tho

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sway you stay on code whenever akata is the topic lol...Look, your cousin in Ghana calling you an akata is NOT the same as said cousin or neighboring country folk referring to myself or any other AA as akata...

CA's cannot soften terms like abeed, jareer, akata etc to non african blacks no matter how well you spin it or try to...All those other terms you said were "cracked" on you seem like you had the unfortunate circumstance of having to deal with cacs growing up bruh
What 'code'breh breh.

Dude, I call it like I see it. I see africans comparing name calling and colonalialism to four hundred years of oppression and call em out.

And most of you that the shyt I said is very common and true, yall just don't admit it in order to win an argument

But like I said we have bigger issues to tackel.

Last edited:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
PLease find me AFrican Americans that went into any country in Africa and were mistreated .....you don't go there but somehow "oh they don't fukk with us" ..... Stupidity
There were African Americans in the videos, posted in this very thread, that gave accounts of how they were mistreated when they visited Africa. One sista was outright called a slave for turning down an African Brehs advances.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

the stories are out there

At the same time all the stories of blacks being mistreated in Europe but you still running there on vacation .....please spare me the bullshyt

aframs visit both europe and africa but very few live in those places

When I lived in America the only shyt I got about being African was from African Americans ..... And every insult that has been said in this thread directed at Africans I heard.... Or I got the bullshyt "you don't look African" when those ignorant fukks thought they were giving me a compliment

But it never bothered me ... YOU KNOW WHY?? because i was intelligent enough to know that those idiots got their view of Africa from the racist media who depict every African of living in a mud hut, dying of starvation/maleria/aids or in some civil war

The same media that portrays African Americans as lazy and criminals which some Africans treat as the truth

there is truth to this and we spoke on it but as I already mentioned, these same africans in the USA have full/easy access to the full spectrum of aframs to know better whereas Aframs on large scale have never thought of africans in a negative light.

and then you have some idiots in here speaking about African Americans are the only ones pushing Pan africanism

you know why Africans dont push pan africanism? because we live it.... you eat African food, you speak your language, you go to work everyone you see is black, your boss is black, the person that owns the company is black, your president (no matter how useless is black) you observe all your native customs and festivals even if you are a Christian or Muslim... you are literally living pan Africanism

that's not pan-africanism

And you would know that if your ass had ever bothered to get on a plane and go to one of the 59 odd countries in Africa....

Most Africans that live in Africa have never experienced racism .... trying to explain racism to them is like trying to explain what its like to catch maleria to you guys... they understand racism from an intellectual perspective, i.e colonialism, the wests foreign policy , IMF , United nations etc.... but hardly any of them that hasnt travelled has experienced it...... the best analogy i give them is that its a bit like tribalism but 1000 times worse

stop it.....so you're telling me non-africans are so rare in africa to the point that native africans have no idea about racial based, racism?

any black person in the USA whether African American, African or Caribbean who thinks somehow they are benefiting from living in that Babylon is a modern day slave.

foreign blacks who come to the USA do w/o a doubt benefit directly off of afram struggles/grounds layed

You idiots on both sides are typical internet warriors.... somehow if you dont experience something in real life but see it on the net then that supersedes your real life experiences, you will ignore 100 good things to focus on 1 bad thing,

even though I agree with your point about the often overstated within the good vs bad experiences, how do you know people aren't speaking on real life experiences?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Lol...... I tried to avoid this thread because of some of the pure stupidity and ignorance emanating from that

For perspective I was born in the United States ..... I gave up my citizenship and I have dual Nigerian/ UK citizenship.... I have two passports and I run my own business in Nigeria with my brother and we both live part time in Nigeria and the UK.... And I spend a couple of moths a year in Barcelona

apart from odd isolated incidents white people in Africa behave themselves and stay humble,.... shyt can go from 0 to 100 in Africa REAL QUICK so white people just keep it very meek and respectful..... you are dealing with people that might not even see a white person for months (depending on where you live), have never been called a ******, have never been turned down for promotion because they are black, have never been racial profiled .... I could go on for ever ..... so there view of white people is different from ours

3 weeks ago a friend took me and my brother to a bar in Lagos and we bounced after about 10 minutes because there were too many foreigners , she said a lot of you guys that lived abroad dont like white people

i replied to her "the easiest way to dislike white people is to live amongst them"

and thats what you guys dont realise you throw c00n this c00n that but because you have never bothered get on a plane you cant see that people have different experiences

nothing as dumb as an armchair warrior/revolutionary who has never bothered to see for himself..... and that includes both sides of the argument

You idiots on both sides are typical internet warriors.... somehow if you dont experience something in real life but see it on the net then that supersedes your real life experiences, you will ignore 100 good things to focus on 1 bad thing, you offer no solutions , you debate endlessly but you dont actually do anything in your real lives to bring about change to your complaints....... and generally you are just miserable

I have friends from Jamaica to America to Lebanon to Ghana to Morocco..... I could go on and on, ill be dammed If I start to think like yall

fukk these crakkas tho

So African immigrants don't benefit from the work done by African Americans? :jbhmm:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
There were African Americans in the videos, posted in this very thread, that gave accounts of how they were mistreated when they visited Africa. One sista was outright called a slave for turning down an African Brehs advances.

Ex-Detroit activist, 75, and her sister slain in Ghana

Two AAs killed based on their ETHNICITY in the 'motherland' because other Blacks thought they had no right to the land.

Meanwhile, Black immigrants can move in our hoods with no issues.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)

fukk these crakkas tho

Bravo. On a sidenote, I am in Lagos for a week Lekki to be specific what are some of the spots you would recommend that's not too clubby and doesn't attract prostitution.

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
you know why Africans dont push pan africanism? because we live it....

images

"Pan-africanism" yall

Nigerians in S Africa 'living in fear' after attacks

"Pan-africanism" yall