The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Pretty much. NYC and Miami Haitians get along with AA's fine and with other West Indies as well. The elite Haitians in Montreal and Boston have money. Meanwhile in Miami and New York alot of them came from poverty and work hard and know the struggle. Hell in NYC look at what NYPD did to Abner Louima and how they lynched Patrick Dorismond. We have experienced white supremacy in both Miami and New York.

Yep. Not only that but white supremacist CONSTANTLY try to shyt on Haiti.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
No, I'm not. Y'all love to blame Naijas but colonization is an issue on your entire fukking continent dude. Y'all are a part of a collective, as much as you want to deny it, and y'all collectively treat us like fukking shyt. WAs, EAs, SAs, NAs. Y'all play hot potato with the shyt when it affects all of you. fukking stupid.
He's right tho. Coastal West Africans ARE the main ones... For the most part.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You AA have been trying to ride our wave the past 2-3 years now.

stop it:comeon:

Wearing dashikis,

nothing new...afrocentric aframs been on that since the 1960's as I posted before

Afrocentrism was strongest in the 60s and 70s.

I believe @IllmaticDelta has cited sources about AAs wearing dashikis during that time sort of instilling pride in continental Africans wearing the attire.

I wouldn't chalk this up to some bridge-gapping.

“It was incredible how my head was turned,” Kuti told the New York Times in 1987. “Everything fell into place. For the first time, I saw the essence of blackism. It’s crazy; in the States people think the black power movement drew inspiration from Africa. All these Americans come over here looking for awareness, they don’t realize they’re the ones who’ve got it over there. We were even ashamed to go around in national dress until we saw pictures of blacks wearing dashikis on 125th street.”

>Fela Kuti and traditional African religion

bumping our music,

stop it

sudden renewed interest in pan-Africanism to connect with us. :russ:

:beli:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Only time I have ever heard of Akata was in that dope Wesley Snipes movie.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I can't respect or take any CA that lives in the country of his/her former colonizer all while talking shyt about BAs seriously

I had one c*nt from Benin living in France claim BAs were all lazy criminals that made a mockery of "her" culture but used AAVE, stanned BA artists and got all mad when I mentioned prolly moving to Ghana because I didn't "consider countries like Benin and Togo"

Oh and she claimed Haitians had an inferior version of Vodun and didn't care if they were slaves or not :scust:

this type of shyt irks me to no end. Appropriate our culture/stan our historic greats/leech off our movements and then have the nerve to try to diss:hhh::pacspit: