The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Why does the Somali language have so many vowels? What are you guys Italian? :scust:

Yall act like them too...

Latin script fukked it up :snoop:

Very poor match. Spoken Somali sounds nothing like you'd imagine based on the written text.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Africans look down on other Africans. It's tribalism :yeshrug:

We're not some unified front against AA's :stopitslime:

agreed...that's a bit too:patrice::childplease:..........what I do think is that many non-afram, blacks are salty/envious/jealous about aframs being able to rise from slavery to becoming, hands down, the most influential/accomplished "blacks". So while many foreign blacks had no problem looking up to those great Aframs (see Garvey),

many other's started feeling some type of way:mjpls:and these are the types (especially many the highly self-selected immigrant type that comes to the USA and repeat white talking points) that get a kick out of looking down on less fortunate aframs:russell:

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
akata means lost cat or cat away from home. Thats honestly not as bad as booty scratcher, spear chucker, ape, baboon, jungle dweller etc :yeshrug:

Sway you stay on code whenever akata is the topic lol...Look, your cousin in Ghana calling you an akata is NOT the same as said cousin or neighboring country folk referring to myself or any other AA as akata...

CA's cannot soften terms like abeed, jareer, akata etc to non african blacks no matter how well you spin it or try to...All those other terms you said were "cracked" on you seem like you had the unfortunate circumstance of having to deal with cacs growing up bruh

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This oppression Olympics amongst Black folks gotta fukking stop.

The woke shiit is become nothing more than a circle jerk for wannabe "Bougie" negroes, who got rejected by Whites and Non Blacks.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I didn't think deeply about ethnicity before I joined this forum:ld:

Every thread had an African or island nikka saying a slick comments unchecked which made me :mindblown::pacspit:that folks weren't getting in their ass...2012 posters

Then I found out about nairaland and somalinet and realized this was a bigger cultural issue and we needed to mobilize :obama:

this but I would change it to "since I started browsing the internet"..........I mentioned before that years ago I stumbled across some Jamaican board and these cat's were talking crazy about how they birthed everything in Afram culture, making silly claims that all the popular civil rights/pop icons of afroamerica were west indians (wtf??), reggae-rastas is the father of hiphop/black consciousness:heh:

Last edited:

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
agreed...that's a bit too:patrice::childplease:..........what I do think is that many non-afram, blacks are salty/envious/jealous about aframs being able to rise from slavery to becoming, hands down, the most influential/accomplished "blacks". So while many foreign blacks had no problem looking up to those great Aframs (see Garvey),

many other's started feeling some type of way:mjpls:and these are the types (especially many the highly self-selected immigrant type that comes to the USA and repeat white talking points) that get a kick out of looking down on less fortunate aframs:russell:

You and those that agreed are insecure and this is a stupid point. Blacks around the world respected what African Americans did in America during and after slavery and were proud and inspired by it.
You and your type behave the opposite of that legacy. You create enemies where there are none. Most of you keyboard warriors are riding off other peoples accomplishments but are empty vessels with idiotic if not superficial talking points

Your post is clownish