The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
LOL there is not collective, this is all in your imagination. There is no get together of Nigerians and let say Egyptians. The people that i am around rarely say anything about "black" Americans. Why should we, since your life really does not affect us personally.

There's no collective of blacks and non blacks? Ya don't say :leon:

We're talking about BLACK Africans - The REAL Africans :ufdup:

Arab and white "Africans" don't count :camby:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Haitians in Miami and the Haitians out in Crown Heights very much respect Black Americans. Haitians in Miami especially hate everyone non-Black, especially those white Cubans :scust: if you're not one of them, Miami Zoes will probably fukk with you. They're like a rare exception lol because they know firsthand what it's like to grow up being oppressed IN THIS COUNTRY. That shyt matters. It is a completely different experience than coming OVER here.

EDIT: Miami is also its own little world in a way, the government is primarily white Cubans that despise all Black people and lump us together anyway, but that ESPECIALLY hate Haitians. They literally made up laws to send them back while Cubans got to stay. They know the feeling of being in this county under a regime that despises you very personally and specifically.
Miami Haitians are more real I agree. Many of their parents and grandparents were boat people who fled Haiti because of poverty. The Haitians in Boston and Montreal were elites who had money and fled for political reasons. NYC is a mix but it is more so of people who fled because of poverty. My mom and pops left Haiti in the 80's for a better life. And came to NYC after stints in Miami and Montreal. Alot of the Haitians in Brooklyn live near AA's like Crown Heights and other West Indians in Flatbush,Canarsie,Bed Stuy.
Yes, Boston Haitians are among the biggest c00ns. And tend to be the ones from the elite and ran away...

Like my friend's older cousin said. Me and him only mess with REAL Haitians who KNOW the struggle...
Pretty much. NYC and Miami Haitians get along with AA's fine and with other West Indies as well. The elite Haitians in Montreal and Boston have money. Meanwhile in Miami and New York alot of them came from poverty and work hard and know the struggle. Hell in NYC look at what NYPD did to Abner Louima and how they lynched Patrick Dorismond. We have experienced white supremacy in both Miami and New York.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
LOL there is not collective, this is all in your imagination. There is no get together of Nigerians and let say Egyptians. The people that i am around rarely say anything about "black" Americans. Why should we, since your life really does not affect us personally.
Yet when we have relations some within your group look down on AAs.

To ignore them would be stupid

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be truly objective would be to not compare epithets at all... don't try to tell us how to take being called akata and we won't tell you how to take being called spear chucker #objectivity

My point is this: I'm not gonna act like there isn't any 'rift' between Africans about AAs, but there really isn't much malice intended behind the word 'Akata" despite what the poster who I originally quoted thought. (well at least 90 percent of the time. i've been called akata myself since I'm considered so Americanized :yeshrug:) But I can see why an American Would be offended by it

can't say the same for bootyscratcher or spearchucker or jungle dweller :mjlol:.

at the end of the day None of this is really a big deal, we have bigger fish to fry

Last edited:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
There's no collective of blacks and non blacks? Ya don't say :leon:

We're talking about BLACK Africans - The REAL Africans :ufdup:

Arab and white "Africans" don't count :camby:

Then you have to speak for yourself as well, since you don't live in the Continent of Africa, nor do you have relatives on the continent therefore your opinion does not count. Is your country a member of the African Union? I don't think so, those people you call "Arab" and they have played a role in the formation of the organization. Also, What do you consider Black?:jbhmm:I know in America the definition is quite vague.:pachaha:

Anyway i will leave this

Last edited:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
Yet when we have relations some within your group look down on AAs.

To ignore them would be stupid

People really don't actually. I have never heard a Egyptian or Northern Sudanese really comment about you guys, many people i know so far don't live in proximity to AA. Then again our population is not really large but i heard it kind of different in the East coast, so i really don't know. Most people just go about there daily lives, rather than thinking about other people that really does not affect them, it is not that deep, REALLY!

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
Pretty much. NYC and Miami Haitians get along with AA's fine and with other West Indies as well. The elite Haitians in Montreal and Boston have money. Meanwhile in Miami and New York alot of them came from poverty and work hard and know the struggle.

Yeah I have nothing but respect for Haitians over here in Miami, I have no problem with (Black) Islanders at all so hearing about any type of beef between BAs and Caribs is pretty surreal to me

They're all very cool no matter what generation, like most of my classmates in the masonry course I'm taking are older Haitians with years of experience but no official certs and they never hesitated to help a young breh like me out :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Then you have to speak for yourself as well, since you don't live in the Continent of Africa, therefore your opinion does not count. Is your country a member of the African Union? I don't think so, those people you call "Arab" and they have played a role in the formation of the organization. Also, What do you consider Black?:jbhmm:I know in America the definition is quite vague.:pachaha:

Anyway i will leave this

You know you done fukked up by mentioning the African Union, right? :ufdup:

I ain't forgot how those bytches wouldn't allow Haiti, an African nation, to join the African Union

Despite reports, Haiti not joining the African Union

And I damn sure ain't forget how they recently used African American slavery as a shaming talking point, but ain't did shyt for us

“The very country to which many of our people were taken as slaves during the transatlantic slave trade has now decided to ban refugees from some of our countries,” said Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma.

African Union condemns US for 'taking our people as slaves' but not as refugees

On behalf of the Haitians and the entire African American community I'd like to extend a loud, and unapologetic fukk YOU to the African Union

Btw keep your Arab nose out of BLACK business :camby:

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
but there really isn't much malice intended behind the word 'Akata"
Only time I've ever seen it used is when there's an argument. It's never "all my beautiful akatas" or anything. Bottom line is AA's
see it as offensive and that's probably not gonna change at this point.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Arabs don't think 3abeed is offensive either but it's synonymous with monkey and slave and is used in regular speech that refers specifically to diasporans

A lot of other non black cultures have words like that too, that's how low everyone views us, that it's not even a thing to them

Last edited:

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
People really don't actually. I have never heard a Egyptian or Northern Sudanese really comment about you guys, many people i know so far don't live in proximity to AA. Then again our population is not really large but i heard it kind of different in the East coast, so i really don't know. Most people just go about there daily lives, rather than thinking about other people that really does not affect them, it is not that deep, REALLY!

On the real everytime you post some I feel a deep need to neg on sight.
stop.gif

Slow down on the reps breh!

Your whole energy is repulsive
:hhh:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Arabs don't think 3abeed is offensive either but it's synonymous with monkey and slave and is used in regular speech that refers specifically to diasporans

A lot of other non black cultures have words like that too, that's how low everyone views us, that it's not even a thing to them

Racist Arabs refer to all black Africans as 3abeed and not just diasporans.