The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
I wonder what that ayesha girl thinks about pan Africanism now especially after what that Sheba girl said. The fact that she went to to Gambia to GENUINELY connect with the natives and, befriended a Gambian family who MADE Gambian attire for her and yet she was still denied by that Sheba girl on the panel smh. I hope this was a wake up call for her and other AAs who think like her. Worry about your main family first before you worry about some distant relatives.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
You AA have been trying to ride our wave the past 2-3 years now. Wearing dashikis, bumping our music, sudden renewed interest in pan-Africanism to connect with us. :russ:
@IllmaticDelta

Post that quote. Also why the hell do you Coastal West Africans keep trying to speak for ALL Africans? I'd rather reconnect with a rural Dogon and their mystical dances or a "primitive" hunter gatherer Twa or Khoisan. I find those types of Africans more fascinating.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I wonder what that ayesha girl thinks about pan Africanism now especially after what that Sheba girl said. The fact that she went to to Gambia to GENUINELY connect with the natives and, befriended a Gambian family who MADE Gambian attire for her and yet she was still denied by that Sheba girl on the panel smh. I hope this was a wake up call to her and other AAs who think like her. Worry about your main family first before you worry about some distant relatives.

I don't understand why some Africans are standoffish when it comes to some AA's trying to reconnect with their own history pre-slavery. It makes no sense. You have to recognize that the intention is not to exploit but to learn about/reconnect with their ancestors.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
akata means lost cat or cat away from home. Thats honestly not as bad as booty scratcher, spear chucker, ape, baboon, jungle dweller etc :yeshrug:

How you gonna tell us how WE should take an insult? :francis: This is like saying mayo is just as bad as being called ******

Or, I can tell you that being called booty scratcher and spear chucker isn't as bad as being called akata so get the fukk over it already. Two can play that game.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Places black americans at the bottom of what?

The racial hierarchy/power structure, especially as it pertains to global citizens coming to the US. Studies have actually shown that Black Americans in America are least likely to be hired after Black immigrants because of views that we are 'lazy' and they are 'hardworking,' we are less likely to be treated fairly by teachers at school, in hospitals, etc. Basically in terms of all American infrastructure foreign blacks are preferred and we are at the bottom. And foreign Blacks come to this country and perpetuate that shyt then call us divisive for speaking up about it.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand why some Africans are standoffish when it comes to some AA's trying to reconnect with their own history pre-slavery. It makes no sense. You have to recognize that the intention is not to exploit but to learn about/reconnect with their ancestors.

On twitter some CAs were saying they're wary of our 'blue passports' aka they feel like we are too close to American imperialism for comfort. That they have concerns about 'recolonization' via Black americans. I was like :dwillhuh: we're American but we are not white, we are not benefitting from American colonialism in any way. We catch all the flak of white Americans because we share a nation with those fukkers but we don't get any of the perks.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
The racial hierarchy/power structure, especially as it pertains to global citizens coming to the US. Studies have actually shown that Black Americans in America are least likely to be hired after Black immigrants because of views that we are 'lazy' and they are 'hardworking,' we are less likely to be treated fairly by teachers at school, in hospitals, etc. Basically in terms of all American infrastructure foreign blacks are preferred and we are at the bottom. And foreign Blacks come to this country and perpetuate that shyt then call us divisive for speaking up about it.

Where did this stereotype of the lazy AA originate? How can you be lazy when you've built up the US without getting anything in return? :Catwtf:

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
Can AAs explain the "reaping off our benefits" thing?

I never seen this rhetoric against arabs or asians or hispanics. Just other blacks.

As though most immigrants don't come here to scheme.
Do arabs check African American on census?
Do they attend HBCUs?
Do they write essays on why AfricanAmericans don't deserve reparations?
Do they do YouTube videos talking about how their parents don't allow them to hang with African Americans and spread stereotypes?
Are you African American?

Why does who we decide to address and at what time any of your business?

The only "Black" community I respect in regards to not infiltrating AA spaces then talking that BS are Somalians.
They move to communities where there are few if any African American and literally build their own communities from the ground up. All without name dropping us.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Its mainly Nigerians and sometimes Ghanaians. My Namibian coworker was like :ehh: when I told I would like to visit his country.