The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Collectively? That doesn't make sense. Continental Africans aren't a collective. Be more specific, you're referring to Nigerian/Ghanaian Americans.

No, I'm not. Y'all love to blame Naijas but colonization is an issue on your entire fukking continent dude. Y'all are a part of a collective, as much as you want to deny it, and y'all collectively treat us like fukking shyt. WAs, EAs, SAs, NAs. Y'all play hot potato with the shyt when it affects all of you. fukking stupid.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Ethno-centrism is good for AA's. :yeshrug:

One of the challenges for y'all since emancipation has been cacs interrupting the natural process of forming a strong ethnical identity by breaking up the community, assassinating prominent leaders, infiltrating organizations etc..

IMO it shouldn't turn into a reactionary, emotionally charged ethno-chauvinism tho (I.e fukk everybody else, we all we got). As tempting as that may be. Cooperate with others based on mutual interests and otherwise look out for your own :yeshrug:

Our own is clearly strictly BAs so why do you even care about me calling out CAs as a collective then

Karb

Veteran
Daps
No, I'm not. Y'all love to blame Naijas but colonization is an issue on your entire fukking continent dude. Y'all are a part of a collective, as much as you want to deny it, and y'all collectively treat us like fukking shyt. WAs, EAs, SAs, NAs. Y'all play hot potato with the shyt when it affects all of you. fukking stupid.

Africans look down on other Africans. It's tribalism :yeshrug:

We're not some unified front against AA's :stopitslime:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Africans look down on other Africans. It's tribalism :yeshrug:

We're not some unified front against AA's :stopitslime:

White folks would say the same thing. People really believe if they're not in a bunker somewhere plotting they're not part of a collective and that's not the way social conditioning works. The global effects of colonization condition all of you to be against us. Now whether you unlearn it or grow from it is on a case by base basis but that shyt is what it is.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:

It really isn't, growing up we called each other that and there were no black people from the motherland around us.

We were just ignorant kids in the ghetto.
booty scratcher = poor naked children scratching their butts in the jungle :francis:

Those are the images portrayed of africa

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
Collectively? That doesn't make sense. Continental Africans aren't a collective. Be more specific, you're referring to Nigerian/Ghanaian Americans.

There's a collective of West, East, South, and North Africans to treat black americans like shyt?

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
There's a collective of West, East, South, and North Africans to treat black americans like shyt?

Be willfully obtuse brehs

He tried to say it's just a Nigerian thing. I said no, it's an offset of colonization which affects your entire continent, North, South, East, and West. That you are all part of a global collective that places Black Americans at the bottom. You need me to spell anything else out for your simple ass?