The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This is the same nikka who thinks Africans should build to cater to AAs while talking down their cultural practices.

Yea I think African nations/people should build for their people.

Do African nations/people consider us "their" people? The evidence suggests that they don't.

If African nations/people don't consider African Americans their people then be explicit about it.

Whichever way it goes, the days of continental Africans fixing their dikksuckers to talk sideways about African Americans - and expecting silence, are OVER

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You tripping West Indies especially first generation Haitian Americans like myself are more on the side with AA's when it comes to race than Africans.

I have to be honest, Jamaicans are worse than even Nigerians when it comes to the "no culture/home" and respectability politics then again Jamaica doesn't represent the entire Caribbean just like Nigeria doesn't represent Africa but your boy Carl definitely had Haiti looking bad.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland

@Stacker Pentecost posted this on twitter (she's in a few threads right now goin in)

I'm almost convinced that this is just an excuse that many Africans use to justify their apathy or outright disdain for african americans.

If it were true that they "feel" more, then they'd empathize with us a LOT more than they do.

If any African uses the African Booty Scratcher talking point i'm calling em a c00n off top

Last edited:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they let that Karl dude go on there and cut up on AAs then @Raymond Burrr would be right at home lol
but karl isnt african. @Raymond Burrr clearly has an issue with african not haitians

@Stacker Pentecost posted this on twitter (she's in a few threads right now goin in)

I'm almost convinced that this is just an excuse that many Africans use to justify their apathy or outright disdain of african americans.

If it were true that they "feel" more, then they'd empathize with us a LOT more than they do.

If any African uses the African Booty Scratcher talking point i'm calling em a c00n off top

the african booty scratcher shyt is just another example of the oppression Olympics that we tend to play
comparing that with 500 years of lsavery jim crow etc is pretty disrespectful IMO.

But at the same time You can't just brush it off. Its just a word but it's way deeper than that

And african booty scratcher is tame compared to what I got called during school :bryan: but I was fortunate to see the bigger picture :wow:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
but karl isnt african. @Raymond Burrr clearly has an issue with african not haitians

the african booty scratcher shyt is just another example of the oppression Olympics that we tend to play
comparing that with 500 years of lsavery jim crow etc is pretty disrespectful IMO.

But at the same time You can't just brush it off. Its just a word but it's way deeper than that

And african booty scratcher is tame compared to what I got called during school :bryan: but I was fortunate to see the bigger picture :wow:

I'll defend AA against ANY black immigrant tryna stunt, but I feel all black descendants of slavery in the in the diaspora need to deepen our connections.

Having said that, the game ain't based on feelings :birdman:

I need to get more data on the AA/Caribbean interactions :manny:

Before I had the data on African/African American relations, I used to see @Poitier going at it with immigrants and think:

This nikka done lost his mind - we all black :dwillhuh:

But look at me now :wow:

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps

I'm almost convinced that this is just an excuse that many Africans use to justify their apathy or outright disdain of african americans.

I was called an african booty scratcher all throughout elementary and early middle school. This was the mid to late 80's..We all called each other that shyt..Tank head, geechie boy, you and yo greasy greasy gran mammy, all of that ugly shyt mane...Nothing was off limits LOL

I am 100% native black DOS...Those years were ROUGH but built thick skin and I would never take them back if i could..At this point its obvious that other ethnic blacks including us Aframs are passing down camp fire tales that fuel senseless deep rooted issues

Fandroid

Banned
Daps
I have to be honest, Jamaicans are worse than even Nigerians when it comes to the "no culture/home" and respectability politics then again Jamaica doesn't represent the entire Caribbean just like Nigeria doesn't represent Africa but your boy Carl definitely had Haiti looking bad.

Carl is not full Haitian. :russ: He's mixed with some other 2 different shyts.

Donovan is the only pure Carribbean person on there (he's full Jamaican).

The best they could do was find people with HALF caribbean heritage. :mjlol:

There was no actual caribbean perspective.

What is it with these false equivalency talking points? :mjgrin:

Are you SURE you're not African? :usure:

" that's a false equivalence!!!" :mjlol:

That cognitive dissonance is burning your brain, I can tell.

Last edited: