The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Somebody should mention that citizenship guarantee are notoriously slow and can take years for AAs/Carribeans, if not a decade. Just ask Rita Marley who took 2 decades to become a citizen in Ghana.

Shouldn't be slow for African Americans

Should be a streamlined process

No excuses for that

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Well I can't go off something with no examples so I`ll chalk that up as being invalid.

I'll see if I can find them :mjgrin:

So why don't AA's visit Africa to meet a broader range of Africans opposed to judging an entire continent of literally a group of Immigrants that are a tiny subset of a handful of nations?

I already said the experiences are skewed by the type of african immigrant, aframs are coming across

Post some examples of African immigrants being put on a pedestal? If an African put AAs on a pedestal because of what he saw about them on TV and learned about them but comes to America and gets sh*tted on by a small number of AAs, is his disdain for AA's valid because it occurred in America which is a land that should show a real uncut image of AAs?

see above but the difference is that it's alot easier for an african immigrant to the USA to meet the entire spectrum of aframs than it for aframs to achieve the same with the africans in the USA

The Average African doesn't care or have any real connection to Nigerians yet they are used to stereotype a Continent of hundreds of different ethnic groups.

aframs in the USA meet more than just NIgerians depending where they live.

So the NOI is still a valid example as they are from the same Ethnic group and nation of the AA ethnic group

a very small niche group of aframs

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'll see if I can find them :mjgrin:

I already said the experiences are skewed by the type of african immigrant, aframs are coming across

see above but the difference is that it's alot easier for an african immigrant to the USA to meet the entire spectrum of aframs than it for aframs to achieve the same with the africans in the USA

aframs in the USA meet more than just NIgerians depending where they live.

a very small niche group of aframs

Immigrants are a "small niche group" compared to a continent of a billion people. Why is it that you want to use logic in one scenario but not for another scenario? And the NOI in it's prime was far from small.

At the end of the day Immigrants are typically vetted before they can step foot in America, AAs are not (because this is their country). Why is it ok to use a vetted minority to represent an entire continent, but if an immigrant uses the experience they had with a native in that natives land as a litmus of how the natives are in that land it is wrong? Lol

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I'll say vouch to say that @Karbaash and @CashmereEsquire are level headed Africans and are NOT like those bougie African immigrants. And I know that many Africans FROM Africa do not look down on AAs but instead welcome them. Me and people I know in my family experienced that.

HOWEVER, they should know that AAs especially in the AA communities these Africans migrant to will ALWAYS have the say so. That is just the case. Same for when an AA moves and lives in an African country. Like some other poster said majority rules.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

Like what are we talking about? The immigrants are so disingenuous in these debates.

AA xenophobia, if you can call it that? Literally one of the mildest forms of "xenophobia" ever. Name calling.

Let these immigrants who complain about interactions with us go live with Salvadorians and Mexicans in LA or NY hoods then get back to us.

Go out to South Africa or Brazil and brag about your ethnicity....don't say you're AA or American either....lets see how that goes.

Then got the nerve to try to make that shyt equivalent to the trauma caused by the slave trade and having to live in a nation thats a majority of the demons ancestors.

fukk these nikkas fr fr.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Immigrants are a "small niche group" compared to a continent of a billion people. Why is it that you want to use logic in one scenario but not for another scenario? And the NOI in it's prime was far from small.

At the end of the day Immigrants are typically vetted before they can step foot in America, AAs are not (because this is their country). Why is it ok to use a vetted minority to represent an entire continent, but if an immigrant uses the experience they had with a native in that natives land as a litmus of how the natives are in that land it is wrong? Lol

Logic is out the window at this point :francis:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Like what are we talking about?

AA xenophobia, if you can call it that? Literally one of the mildest forms of "xenophobia" ever. Name calling.

Let these immigrants who complain about interactions with us go live with Salvadorians and Mexicans in LA or NY hoods then get back to us.

Go out to South Africa or Brazil and brag about your ethnicity....don't say you're AA or American either....lets see how that goes.

Then got the nerve to try to make that shyt equivalent to the trauma caused by the slave trade and having to live in a nation thats a majority of the demons ancestors.

fukk these nikkas fr fr.

Facts and more factzzzzzz....

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'll say vouch to say that @Karbaash and @CashmereEsquire are level headed Africans and are NOT like those bougie African immigrants. And I know that many Africans FROM Africa do not look down on AAs but instead welcome them. Me and people I know in my family experienced that.

HOWEVER, they should know that AAs especially in the AA communities these Africans migrant to will ALWAYS have the say so. That is just the case. Same for when an AA moves and lives in an African country. Like some other poster said majority rules.

thats because I`m not an immigrant :russ:

I can't control where my parents were born, and I can't control where I was born. :manny:

And idk what world the Coli lives in where African Immigrants are coming into AA communities and starting riots or something. 9/10 if an African family lives in a predominantly AA community they are just seen as the family from Africa and everyone is respectful. Let the Coli have it Nigerians are doing terrorist attacks in the projects or something.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Like what are we talking about? The immigrants are so disingenuous in these debates.

fukk these nikkas fr fr.

Making slave jokes is bad, making primitive African jokes is just "mild name calling with no historical context". Gotcha :mjlol:

Dafuq do Mexicans, lynchings etc have to do with this discussion? :gucci:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
thats because I`m not an immigrant :russ:

I can't control where my parents were born, and I can't control where I was born. :manny:

And idk what world the Coli lives in where African Immigrants are coming into AA communities and starting riots or something. 9/10 if an African family lives in a predominantly AA community they are just seen as the family from Africa and everyone is respectful. Let the Coli have it Nigerians are doing terrorist attacks in the projects or something.

You're blowing this out of proportions.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Making slave jokes is bad, making primitive African jokes is just "mild name calling with no historical context". Gotcha :mjlol:

Dafuq do Mexicans, lynchings etc have to do with this discussion? :gucci:

What he is saying is that AAs are among the least xenophobic groups and he's right. He's damn right.