The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I know that, but y'all are lumping all "Africans" together and I`m not even from Africa :russ:
You keep saying "yall." Anyways I agree that its extremely retarded to lump all Africans together.

I`m just here to bring logic because all of these threads are full of emotions and dudes are being very dishonest. Dudes are calling Africans the problem as if we don't have c00ns like Ray Lewis assisting in getting a fellow AA blackballed from the league. African Immigrants are too insignificant in numbers to be a factor in black relations in America.

I agree that c00ns exists in all Black groups. However, the fact remains that AAs compared to other African descent groups are the least xenophobic.

And PS @Karbaash you my breh but I HOPE you be going in at those racist ass Somalis around the net since you claim to be tired of the tribalism. Because I seen MANY repeat MANY racist ass Somalis around the net who constantly incite tribal wars against those they label "Bantus." You can't go on any Somali site without seeing any xenophobia. shyt be worse than Nairaland.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not saying this is not all true but are we really gonna act like this sentiment was/is wide spread in the black community.

I see more indifference or contempt of anything african than the opposite :yeshrug:

Plus to be honest, a lot of AA do harbor similar sentiments as white americans when it comes to foreigners.

Just without the raging nationalism

But then again there are plenty of Africans that don't really like AAs for a number of reasons.

The only group of Africans I have seen legit examples of not liking AAs are Nigerians. Anyone else at most simply did not understand American history. First time I heard the term "akata" was when I saw the movie Sugar Hill and my girl who is AA had to tell me what it meant. My damn people lived amongst AAs and Caribbeans and their descendants who literally socially oppressed them to a degree and didn't have a concept or word of something to mock the history of slavery of blacks in the West.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You keep saying "yall." Anyways I agree that its extremely retarded to lump all Africans together.

I agree that c00ns exists in all Black groups. However, the fact remains that AAs compared to other African descent groups are the least xenophobic.

And PS @Karbaash you my breh but I HOPE you be going in at those racist ass Somalis around the net since you claim to be tired of the tribalism. Because I seen MANY repeat MANY racist ass Somalis around the net who constantly incite tribal wars against those they label "Bantus." You can't go on any Somali site without seeing any xenophobia. shyt be worse than Nairaland.

AA's arent in a position to be xenophobic if they wanted. Black Immigrants aren't coming here like mexicans and displacing AAs. Black immigrants are literally subjected to the exact same conditions of AA's where outside of ancestral backgrounds there is no difference in their daily lives usually for there to even be a reason to be xenophobic. If AA's had their own island that they ran and controlled and Nigerians were flocking there in droves, we don't know how AA's would respond. Like I said black immigrants are so small in numbers they are a non factor to the overall black experience in America.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
The average afram is more pan-africanist than you realize considering most aframs see any afrodescendant as a fellow "black" first whereas foreign "blacks" see their nationality/ethnicity first before race

not really

Because America forces everyone into racial castes.

A 2nd generation Chinese kid or a Vietnamese kid are both going to view each other as "Asian American" despite their different nationalities. In America, a chinese sees a korean, "oh he's my fellow asian"

But AAs seeing an African person as "black" DOESN'T mean they see them or relate to them as AAs, which is YOUR ETHNICITY.

You're not gonna look at a Jamaican-American speaking patois on a Brooklyn corner as your "fellow". You just know that they're black. That's about as "fellow" as it gets.

"not really" :russ:

Go up to your average AA and ask them if they even give a fukk about Africa, let alone know the history of the continent.

"i ain't no African, I'm American"

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
AA's arent in a position to be xenophobic if they wanted. Black Immigrants aren't coming here like mexicans and displacing AAs. Black immigrants are literally subjected to the exact same conditions of AA's where outside of ancestral backgrounds there is no difference in their daily lives usually for there to even be a reason to be xenophobic. If AA's had their own island that they ran and controlled and Nigerians were flocking there in droves, we don't know how AA's would respond. Like I said black immigrants are so small in numbers they are a non factor to the overall black experience in America.
Bro nothing you said deflates what I posted. AAs aren't even xenophobic to non-black immigrants! The only time we are is when it is too LATE like seen in Cali. Hell, look at Puerto Ricans and the AA community in the Northeast. If we truly were xenophobic we would have ran these non-black communities out of our neighborhoods a long time ago.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You think they spent their whole life studying AA history or trying to survive? Hell American schools don't even teach real AA history so how can you expect an immigrant to know these things?

Why don't they tech these things?

They have control of the education system right?

Why are you equating the educational practices of America with the educational practices of sovereign African nations?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Not saying this is not all true but are we really gonna act like this sentiment was/is wide spread in the black community.

yes for the most part...
I see more indifference or contempt of anything african than the opposite :yeshrug:

Plus to be honest, a lot of AA do harbor similar sentiments as white americans when it comes to foreigners.

aframs have no beef with foreign blacks unless they're triggered to feel that way. Aframs accept outsiders with open arms...how else can you explain black foreigners being so easily absorbed into afram mainstream culture(s) w/o backlash from those same aframs? We never accuse them of cultural appropriation but as soon as an afram takes part in their culture(s), they get called a culture vulture:jbhmm:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire

Just without the raging nationalism

But then again there are plenty of Africans that don't really like AAs for a number of reasons.

They're gonna deny that there aren't huge swaths of anti-immigration AAs on this site. :troll:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Why don't they tech these things?

They have control of the education system right?

Why are you equating the educational practices of America with the educational practices of sovereign African nations?

Why would they teach these things? Thats like them teaching Kenyan history in Texas schools.
:why:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Because America forces everyone into racial castes.

A 2nd generation Chinese kid or a Vietnamese kid are both going to view each other as "Asian American" despite their different nationalities. In America, a chinese sees a korean, "oh he's my fellow asian"

But AAs seeing an African person as "black" DOESN'T mean they see them or relate to them as AAs, which is YOUR ETHNICITY.

You're not gonna look at a Jamaican-American speaking patois on a Brooklyn corner as your "fellow". You just know that they're black. That's about as "fellow" as it gets.

"not really" :russ:

Go up to your average AA and ask them if they even give a fukk about Africa, let alone know the history of the continent.

"i ain't no African, I'm American"

Breh my AA side of my family is has so many non-AA blacks in it through marriage that its like the United Nations... Stop it. Caribbean communities successful integrated into black neighborhoods. Some like Haitians faced harsh troubles but outside of that they mainly been smooth.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only group of Africans I have seen legit examples of not liking AAs are Nigerians. Anyone else at most simply did not understand American history. First time I heard the term "akata" was when I saw the movie Sugar Hill and my girl who is AA had to tell me what it meant. My damn people lived amongst AAs and Caribbeans and their descendants who literally socially oppressed them to a degree and didn't have a concept or word of something to mock the history of slavery of blacks in the West.
Nigerians are odd bc out of all the african groups, they (generally speaking ofcourse) talk the most shyt about AA people yet i see a lot of that mingle and even try to assimilate with AA moreso than other africans (except Sierra Leonians and liberians ) .

I've met whole bunch of half naija half aa kids

Before anyone gets butthurt ofcourse I'm generalizing

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
yes for the most part...

aframs have no beef with foreign blacks unless they're triggered to feel that way. Aframs accept outsiders with open arms...how else can you explain black foreigners being so easily absorbed into afram mainstream culture(s) w/o backlash from those same aframs? We never accuse them of cultural appropriation but as soon as an afram takes part in their culture(s), they get called a culture vulture:jbhmm:

Because foreigner blacks eventually assimilate and eventually breed out their ethincity if they inter-marry into the greater American population...