The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You're blowing this out of proportions.

Y'all are the ones calling Africans c00ns and enemies. The # of Africans in America is so insignificant that Africans are a non factor compared to Asians, Arabs, and Whites and their relations with AAs.

This thread aint this long because of me, there isn't a 25 page Africans are c00ns thread in the Root because of me :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I'm just waiting for that one nikka to say "go back to Africa".. it's coming :francis:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Y'all are the ones calling Africans c00ns and enemies. The # of Africans in America is so insignificant that Africans are a non factor compared to Asians, Arabs, and Whites and their relations with AAs.

This thread aint this long because of me, there isn't a 25 page Africans are c00ns thread in the Root because of me :manny:

I never called Africans c00n. I was one of the main non-Africans arguing against that. Don't you remember?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
These dues pretend the average AA is Pan-african. :mjlol:

The average afram is more pan-africanist than you realize considering most aframs see any afrodescendant as a fellow "black" first whereas foreign "blacks" see their nationality/ethnicity first before race

Pan-africanism and black nationalism are fringe beliefs.

not really

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I never called Africans c00n. I was one of the main non-Africans arguing against that. Don't you remember?

I know that, but y'all are lumping all "Africans" together and I`m not even from Africa :russ:

I`m just here to bring logic because all of these threads are full of emotions and dudes are being very dishonest. Dudes are calling Africans the problem as if we don't have c00ns like Ray Lewis assisting in getting a fellow AA blackballed from the league. African Immigrants are too insignificant in numbers to be a factor in black relations in America.

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
Look at the mean ole AAs treating Black immigrants better than 99% of the rest of the diaspora...lets find a reason to be continually outraged at them :mad::mad::mad::fire::fire::fire::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Word. People really in here acting like there's a single nation in the entire continent of Africa with a group of people less tribalistic/xenophobic and more accepting than AAs are to black immigrants that come to our country.:sas2:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Maybe next time try watching a video before you make a thread about it on some bait shyt. Get off this fake moral high ground you look ridiculous.

I've watched all the videos. :stopitslime:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Making slave jokes is bad, making primitive African jokes is just "mild name calling with no historical context". Gotcha :mjlol:

Dafuq do Mexicans, lynchings etc have to do with this discussion? :gucci:

Did you even watch the video you posted?

Grown men in Africa calling a woman a slave was not meant as a joke.

Then you want to equate that to grade school kids whose brains aint even left the 1st stage of development teasing?

Oh wait you think AA slaves werent seen as primitive? But guess what....the slave jokes yall make not only make fun of primitiveness but something far deeper and darker....bondage, impotence, weakness, lack of culture don't play dumb.

And it has everything to do with it because calling AA's xenophobic is literally the textbook definition of 1st world problems when in pretty much every other community you could get merked just over your existence.

Got the nerve to compare Africans crying about dashikis and having to change their name to sound American to AAs talking about the feelings of disenfranchisement from a wave of UPWARDLY MOBILE Black immigrants taking what they feel is opportunities based on skill color and not ancestry.

Disingenuous nonsense.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The average afram is more pan-africanist than you realize considering most aframs see any afrodescendant as a fellow "black" first whereas foreign "blacks" see their nationality/ethnicity first before race

not really

I'd argue that Immigrants are simply ignorant to American Systematic white supremacy. The same way the avg American is ignorant to African Systematic White supremacy. It'd be better to school someone rather than right them off as a c00n especially some cat who is a damn refugee from a town that doesnt even have electricity. You think they spent their whole life studying AA history or trying to survive? Hell American schools don't even teach real AA history so how can you expect an immigrant to know these things?

Now my parents are Liberian so they are actually well versed in AA history due to obvious reasons, but I wouldn't expect some cat from Sudan to know a damn thing about how Systematic white supremacy works in America.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aframs do not and have never gone around saying that about africans in any large numbers. Remember, it was Aframs who put continental africans on a pedestal when eurocentric views were the mainstream. It was aframs who created and helped spread modern africanist/afrocentric studies to the rest of the world which would have been impossible if you think Aframs actually looked down on Africans or thought of them as nothing more than "booty scratchers".
Not saying this is not all true but are we really gonna act like this sentiment was/is wide spread in the black community.

I see more indifference or contempt of anything african than the opposite :yeshrug:

Plus to be honest, a lot of AA do harbor similar sentiments as white americans when it comes to foreigners.

Just without the raging nationalism

But then again there are plenty of Africans that don't really like AAs for a number of reasons.