The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Plus the term "African booty scratcher" does have a historical context :comeon:

Wild Africans, running around butt naked, scratching their asses in the bush, where have we heard that before? :comeon:

It's colonial cac depiction of Africans as primitive, which was popularized in the AA community by entertainers (Eddie Murphy's bit about Mfufu who was "naked in the bush" is one example).

This shyt goes deep :manny:

Aframs do not and have never gone around saying that about africans in any large numbers. Remember, it was Aframs who put continental africans on a pedestal when eurocentric views were the mainstream. It was aframs who created and helped spread modern africanist/afrocentric studies to the rest of the world which would have been impossible if you think Aframs actually looked down on Africans or thought of them as nothing more than "booty scratchers".

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Aframs do not and have never gone around saying that about africans in any large numbers. Remember, it was Aframs who put continental africans on a pedestal when eurocentric views were the mainstream. It was aframs who created and helped spread modern africanist/afrocentric studies to the rest of the world which would have been impossible if you think Aframs actually looked down on Africans or thought of them as nothing more than "booty scratchers".

So why do AAs (on this site) think the Continent looks down on them, when literally every AA that steps foot on the continent is treated like royalty? There are less African Immigrants in America than total AAs yet that small number that has an even small number of c00ns are used to slander ALL Africans?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
So why do AAs (on this site) think the Continent looks down on them,

because there is an actually history of aframs putting continental africans on a pedestal only to not have that same love, returned. Now, IMO this has alot to do with running into these highly self-selected immigrant types rather than the AVERAGE citizen of their respective nation. A working class type is obviously going to be more down to earth than someone with money looking down on the less fortunate thinking their shyt don't stink

when literally every AA that steps foot on the continent is treated like royalty?

IDK about that. Some aframs say they were tread like royalty and other's say they had bad experiences:francis:

There are less African Immigrants in America than total AAs yet that small number that has an even small number of c00ns are used to slander ALL Africans?

the immigrant population in the USA while small in raw numbers might have a higher ratio of:mjpls: types

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No counter argument from the mental midget. Not surprised.

You think you're a salty little bytch now - wait til my next thread that exposes you afric00ns with the data :banderas:

There is nothing to debate.

Claim to not Care about Africa yet continue to make threads about the continent brehs.

You sound like a side baby who is sad his dad doesn't love him.

:mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
because there is an actually history of aframs putting continental africans on a pedestal only to not have that same love, returned. Now, IMO this has alot to do with running into these highly self-selected immigrant types rather than the AVERAGE citizen of their respective nation. A working class type is obviously going to be more down to earth than someone with money looking down on the less fortunate thinking their shyt don't stink

IDK about that. Some aframs say they were tread like royalty and other's say they had bad experiences:francis:

the immigrant population in the USA while small in raw numbers might have a higher ratio of:mjpls: types

Who are examples of those who had a "bad experience"?

If an African Immigrant has a bad experience in America does that mean all AAs are c00ns?

And there is documented history of Africans putting African American Culture on a pedestal to the point it shaped modern African Culture and served as inspiration for a lot of the independence movements in the 50s-70s.

Theres literally documented of groups like the NOI literally being invited to numerous African Nations to talk about bridging the gap between AA's and the Continent. But we want to ignore that right?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The inconsistency :mjlol:

This is turning to some irrational, tribalistic "my side vs. your side" BS.

They're doing this on purpose :francis:

because half of these dudes are insecure as hell. The level headed posters on both sides know this is all nonsense, but you have these key board activist who don't even have passports trying to talk like they are the spokespeople for millions.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Who are examples of those who had a "bad experience"?

I read about them in random articles about aframs visiting/living in africa

If an African Immigrant has a bad experience in America does that mean all AAs are c00ns?

obviously not but an african in america is going to meet a broader range of aframs than an afram will of african immigrants in then USA because of the selection process.

And there is documented history of Africans putting African American Culture on a pedestal to the point it shaped modern African Culture and served as inspiration for a lot of the independence movements in the 50s-70s.

I never said, african's didn't look up to aframs at any point....I said that aframs had bad experiences with african IMMIGRANTS in the USA after putting them on pedestal that later dampered the feelings they once had

Theres literally documented of groups like the NOI literally being invited to numerous African Nations to talk about bridging the gap between AA's and the Continent. But we want to ignore that right?

the average afram doesn't care about NOI or have any real connection with them

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
They need to make a vid involving more Carribeans and even the UK blacks.

But I'm definitely liking the direction so far they're doing.

Carribeans never get mentioned on this shyt, it's a constant AA vs African battle. :heh:

Even UK blacks got shine in a video.

I'm guessing this is due to the creator being Nigerian...

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I read about them in random articles about aframs visiting/living in africa

Well I can't go off something with no examples so I`ll chalk that up as being invalid.

obviously not but an african in america is going to meet a broader range of aframs than an afram will of african immigrants in then USA because of the selection process.

So why don't AA's visit Africa to meet a broader range of Africans opposed to judging an entire continent of literally a group of Immigrants that are a tiny subset of a handful of nations?

I never said, african's didn't look up to aframs at any point....I said that aframs had bad experiences with african IMMIGRANTS in the USA after putting them on pedestal that later dampered the feelings they once had

Post some examples of African immigrants being put on a pedestal? If an African put AAs on a pedestal because of what he saw about them on TV and learned about them but comes to America and gets sh*tted on by a small number of AAs, is his disdain for AA's valid because it occurred in America which is a land that should show a real uncut image of AAs?

the average afram doesn't care about NOI or have any real connection with them

The Average African doesn't care or have any real connection to Nigerians yet they are used to stereotype a Continent of hundreds of different ethnic groups. So the NOI is still a valid example as they are from the same Ethnic group and nation of the AA ethnic group

Karb

Veteran
Daps

Afram intellectuals =/= the average Afram :comeon:

Nobody denied AA contributions to pan-africanism and anti-colonialism.