The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
@Diasporan Royalty why did you dap this post. I've been away for a while. Is there some sort of discrepancy in the afram set going on now

No set member should be dapping @CashmereEsquire in lite of an afram member at all if we are all on CODE

@Poitier whats going on here

More attempts to shame and crying over words 15 years ago

Breh, Ethiopians used to get it back in the days due to the famine in the 80's. Starvation jokes and the like.

Plus the term "African booty scratcher" does have a historical context :comeon:

reach

Wild Africans, running around butt naked, scratching their asses in the bush, where have we heard that before? :comeon:

It's colonial cac depiction of Africans as primitive, which was popularized in the AA community by entertainers (Eddie Murphy's bit about Mfufu who was "naked in the bush" is one example).

This shyt goes deep :manny:

grade school kids were not saying African jokes from Eddy Murphy stand ups

another reach

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
lol there never was kumbaya. The AAs who visit any African nation are welcomed with open arms, African Immigrants cant say the same from the looks of the "light hearted teasing" that goes on.

@ any AA who has actually visited an African nation on this site how they were treated.

And lets be real, you have no plans on going to Africa and you yourself literally said Africans need to build something for you opposed to you actually wanting to go do real business.

You sound like the "b*stard baby makers" Jason Black clowns, looking for handouts.
:mjlol:
This is why I do NOT trash Africans but just African immigrants. :smile: I separate the two because to me they are distinct.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Most AAs keep it moving after bad incidences with Africans...there isn't this continual feedback loop or harping over the incidences well into adulthood :russell:

We grow up in a culture where flaming makes all of us thick skinned off top....sorry if other Black cultures cant relate :manny:

You must've missed the first video on page one where it's AA's complaining about Africans being ignorant :sas2:

There are countless threads in this very forum :sas1:

But let's reduce everything to "y'all Africans soft":francis:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
@Diasporan Royalty why did you dap this post. I've been away for a while. Is there some sort of discrepancy in the afram set going on now

No set member should be dapping @CashmereEsquire in lite of an afram member at all if we are all on CODE

@Poitier whats going on here
Why are you so obsessed.

I'm mixed... Second while @CashmereEsquire does say some dumbass shyt he's my Mande brother...:yeshrug:

And lastly I proved myself to #AAGang with my many contributions.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is why I do NOT trash Africans but just African immigrants. :smile: I separate the two because to me they are distinct.

I don't trash anyone because c00ns exist in every Black Ethnic group on this planet. I rather build with those who have sense then waste energy with c00ns.

I don't hang around c00ns so I don't even see this beef that the Coli speaks of like it's some epidemic in real life. African Immigrants are so small in numbers that they are literally non Factors in this country, so why cats talk like they are enemy number 1 is beyond me.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Didnt one of these broads write an essay about how AA's dont deserve reparations and received a scholarship from the NAACP for it?

Nah that's that Luvvie chick. They talked about her tho.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Again moving the goal post.

I`m not moving a goal post. The term success is literally subjective. Success is qualitative not quantitive. Success is dependent on the KPIs set by the person being asked. You're definition is different than mine hence it is elementary to even debate on a term that means different things to each person.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Why are you so obsessed.

I'm mixed... Second while @CashmereEsquire does say some dumbass shyt he's my Mande brother...:yeshrug:

And lastly I proved myself to #AAGang with my many contributions.

I don't say "dumbass" things, people just may not like what I say.

Nobody has refuted anything I said or say, they simply post their feelings. Using your feelings to generalize a continent of a billion+ people is what is really dumb.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I'm starting to appreciate where they're going with this series :ehh:

Next week they'll be having a panel of AA's, West Indians and Africans.

The grapevyne uploaded the AA Perspective

are any of these debates any different than what you see on the coli or Twitter.? because both are tiring

Call me naive but if your skin was black, we Liked you. If you were from the West Indies, Nigeria, Belize or Miami, we fukked with you as long as you were black. That's how we were raised. Sure, people would tease you for being dark. In was teased for bein dark skin but damn I never knew there were issues how some perceived Black people in America. It's fukked up. Social media revealed a lot of true colors.

And if we are going to call a spade a spade, I do t understand how other black people from the diaspora point fingers at us black people but hey do the same shyt. Like colorism and skin bleaching. Hypocrites. It's not right on all ends but we got to be honest.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
lol there never was kumbaya. The AAs who visit any African nation are welcomed with open arms, African Immigrants cant say the same from the looks of the "light hearted teasing" that goes on.

@ any AA who has actually visited an African nation on this site how they were treated.

And lets be real, you have no plans on going to Africa and you yourself literally said Africans need to build something for you opposed to you actually wanting to go do real business.

You sound like the "b*stard baby makers" Jason Black clowns, looking for handouts.
:mjlol:
Exactly retreat like the child you are.

:russ:

Grown folks talking over here.

Again you're just talking and at this point you're begging for my attention so fine, I'll bite.

You telling me that as an African slave descendant in the system of white supremacy, I have the same rights as any other non-African, is a problem. It's a BIG problem.

Your personal insults will not erase that fact.

And again, the onus is on the Africans. The people who've maintained their heritage, remained in their homelands, and have access to resources - to make things right between us. To bridge the gap between us, to build with/for us. You know.. the fukking terrorized slaves :martin:

The fact that you Africans actually place blame on ignorant African American CHILDREN, and broke, ignorant African American people who don't know how/can't afford to do business on another continent is :mindblown:

That type of game you're trying to run would make DEE KOH-LEE-NYZAHS smile :pachaha:

The best part is when you use that "pull yourself up by your bootstraps/do for self" argument. But y'all start crying like bytches when we say aight fukk y'all - Hold your own nuts :camby:

Is it oochie Wally or one mic? :comeon:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Again you're just talking and at this point you're begging for my attention so fine, I'll bite.

You telling me that as an African slave descendant in the system of white supremacy, I have the same rights as any other non-African, is a problem. It's a BIG problem.

Your personal insults will not erase that fact.

And again, the onus is on the Africans. The people who've maintained their heritage, remained in their homelands, and have access to resources - to make things right between us. To bridge the gap between us, to build with/for us. You know.. the fukking terrorized slaves :martin:

The fact that you Africans actually place blame on ignorant African American CHILDREN, and broke, ignorant African American people who don't know how/can't afford to do business on another continent is :mindblown:

That type of game you're trying to run would make DEE KOH-LEE-NYZAHS smile :pachaha:

The best part is when you use that "pull yourself up by your bootstraps/do for self" argument. But y'all start crying like bytches when we say aight fukk y'all - Hold your own nuts :camby:

Is it oochie Wally or one mic? :comeon:

lol boy shut your dumb ass up.

"you africans"

:russ:

You're comprehension skills are terrible.