The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
I'm usally pretty easygoing with plotholes and ridiculous stories but the FBI just leaning back in their chairs and propping their feet on the desk like, "alright that was easy fellas" was the biggest :dwillhuh: part of the story to me.
I kinda understand people's problems with this cause it's the FBI but they could've just been lazy :manny:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Thing about this flick is In the story at the beginning, the amazing amy party scene(which she was narrating i know), when she was talking to the media she was ready to tell them the truth, about how much different she was from amazing amy, then nick swooped down and saved her from doing that. He saved her from having to deal with reality by his speech in front of the media, at the same he was proposing love. When he went on TV despite tyler perry's efforts to prevent him doing so, he was doing the exact same thing over again. She saw it on TV and his speech brought her back to that time. So the whole situation and (even) her behavior from the time they got married throughout the movie is arguably his fault.

I kept thinking she was gonna kill NPH, it was just a matter of when. When she reacted to Nick's on air speech I was like "uh oh.:ooh:"

run bytch nikka run:damn:

When she spit in ol girl drink and ol girl tasted it and was like "shytchea" :scusthov::russ:

The movie dialogue felt mindfukkey, like the fact that you couldn't tell if the movie was mindfukking you or not was part of the mindfukk, i get that but as a person psychologically I have an aversion to that kinda shyt, It's a part of life 95% of the time, and more people are entertained by that i guess, esp. in relationships which is the entire point of the flick:manny:

I like this movie,:ld: but fukk this movie.:pacspit: but i like this movie.:why: but fukk this movie.:camby:Whatever.:mjcry:
that fake shyt is the entire reason i'm selective with who I deal with, I'd rather be alone.:hamster:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:damn: So, she was really about that crazy life?

Once she saw Nick putting on his facade she said that was the man she fell in love with when all he was trying to do was hustle her out of hiding by putting on that facade. So he was lying to her and she just took it one step further. they're both liars and terrible people, she's just worse

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Once she saw Nick putting on his facade she said that was the man she fell in love with when all he was trying to do was hustle her out of hiding by putting on that facade. So he was lying to her and she just took it one step further. they're both liars and terrible people, she's just worse
:smh:

Dude did wrong...but she was evil, b...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:smh:

Dude did wrong...but she was evil, b...

Yeah I know. But to jus look at her and say she's evil and not look at the film as a whole and see how damn near everyone minus two people were liars and cheats or at least fake is short sighted. The whole movie was about the lies we tell ourselves and each other in order to get along or prosper or whatever.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Yeah I know. But to jus look at her and say she's evil and not look at the film as a whole and see how damn near everyone minus two people were liars and cheats or at least fake is short sighted. The whole movie was about the lies we tell ourselves and each other in order to get along or prosper or whatever.
Ben didnt catch a body :damn: