The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Women are some of the worst people on earth, this movies lead female character reminds me of a woman that I had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with. I couldn't make this up.

They'll do nothing to you physically but psychologically they will kill you.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
my lady finally saw this last week or so and now thinks its funny to joke with me on some Gone Girl storyline shyt :wtb:

hey, if you feel the need to take it there then by all means go for it

cause aint noone over here lookin for that ass:pachaha:

gotta remind certain people...

YOU AINT WHITE bytch!!! :mjlol:

Daps
Just literally finished watching it on HBO, and it was a really entertaining flick, kept my attention all the way through. I missed about the first hour of it so I gotta watch it again. I'm not gonna act like I know about all the technicals of movies like some of you, but it was good. One thing I have to say is Amy deserves to be raped and tortured to death.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just saw the movie yesterday with the fam. It was cool. I liked it enough. I saw the twist coming very early in the movie tho. 8/10 movie imo.

Women are some of the worst people on earth, this movies lead female character reminds me of a woman that I had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with. I couldn't make this up.

They'll do nothing to you physically but psychologically they will kill you.

Ehhh...to an extent, can you blame them tho? Not like most women have much chance of fighting a man physically, so that's the only way they could go at us. I'm sure they'd love to be able to take us on physically, but like 98% of them are simply not on that level naturally and could barely get there by damn near any other means, lol.

Last edited:

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her getting juxed by those bumpkins ruined the flick for me. It seemed very out of place for someone who was so meticulous in her planning. I would have loved to see her either get away fully (even after deciding not to kill herself) or go through with her OG plan and "win" in that manner.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Her getting juxed by those bumpkins ruined the flick for me. It seemed very out of place for someone who was so meticulous in her planning. I would have loved to see her either get away fully (even after deciding not to kill herself) or go through with her OG plan and "win" in that manner.

Those bumpkins were clocking her the whole time and she got cocky and kept all her money in one place and on her person which was asanine and of itself.

But anyway, I liked the movie and the book up until the ending of both.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
she grew up wealthy and went to good schools, she wasn't street smart at all

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she grew up wealthy and went to good schools, she wasn't street smart at all
What do "street smarts" have to do with keeping all your money on your person? Or cozying up with people when you should be keeping a low profile? Or going through the trouble of having a fake name only to not answer to it when called? She got juxed because she got complacent. I don't believe that to be consistent with the character they showed me previously. Nothing at all to do with "street smarts". People from all walks of like get caught slipping. It seems like a betrayal of the character and inconsistent to make her fall off her game that badly.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What do "street smarts" have to do with keeping all your money on your person? Or cozying up with people when you should be keeping a low profile? Or going through the trouble of having a fake name only to not answer to it when called? She got juxed because she got complacent. I don't believe that to be consistent with the character they showed me previously. Nothing at all to do with "street smarts". People from all walks of like get caught slipping. It seems like a betrayal of the character and inconsistent to make her fall off her game that badly.
ok

Daps
Just saw the movie yesterday with the fam. It was cool. I liked it enough. I saw the twist coming very early in the movie tho. 8/10 movie imo.

Ehhh...to an extent, can you blame them tho? Not like most women have much chance of fighting a man physically, so that's the only way they could go at us. I'm sure they'd love to be able to take us on physically, but like 98% of them are simply not on that level naturally and could barely get there by damn near any other means, lol.

Uhm...his point is that they shouldn't be doing that at all, and especially act like they are victims.