The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Well, yes and no. We know by both Amy's monologue and with Nick's own admission in the interrogation scene that the beginning parts were definitely true. However, we have NO CLUE as to what is true or false, because Nick HIMSELF is full of shyt. A lot of things that he was saying weren't the truth either. In spite of a lot of the lies, there was a lot of TRUTH within those lies. That's the reason the dairy itself would be inadmissible. We actually LEARNED later that Nick is INDEED capable to violence when he first learned she got pregnant and her pushed her to the wall with her hand on her throat, so he COULD be lying the police about that as well of other things. The whole reason she fell in love with him was the fact he was a bullshytter like herself, and the main reason she went back to him is because she saw him on the interview bullshytting his way in order to get public to side with him (which he actually claimed he was really trying to reach one person which was her). So REALLY we do not know WHAT is true and what isn't.
this was my exact take on it. from the very beginning Nick seemed like a complete fake. even when you start realizing the wife is fukkin insane, you don't feel any sympathy for nick because it's obvious he's just a piece of shyt. the scene where they first met, their dialogue came off so cheesy and forced....almost like the director WANTED it to feel scripted. at that point I was almost turned off to the movie until I realized that was the whole intention. really great film.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
this was my exact take on it. from the very beginning Nick seemed like a complete fake. even when you start realizing the wife is fukkin insane, you don't feel any sympathy for nick because it's obvious he's just a piece of shyt. the scene where they first met, their dialogue came off so cheesy and forced....almost like the director WANTED it to feel scripted. at that point I was almost turned off to the movie until I realized that was the whole intention. really great movie.

:salute:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Just watched it.. damn.

Dougie Houser- That was probably the highest levels of simping I've ever seen in my life:why:

This isn't oscar worthy imo. It was good but way too long. How bout the other ex-boyfriend.. Amy charged him with rape and now dude said he hasn't had a decent job for over eight years and has to register as a sex offender everywhere he goes:damn:That b*tch was a demon

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Movie was sick. Going to have to give it a few more watches cause theres a bunch of stuff I missed on the first run. I see Tyler Perry has improved a ton since Alex Cross. I love movies where you don't get a happy ending and no such thing as a good guy or bad guy. Nightcrawler and this movie did a great job of giving people a peek behind the news and the ways they can manipulate reality.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Movie was sick. Going to have to give it a few more watches cause theres a bunch of stuff I missed on the first run. I see Tyler Perry has improved a ton since Alex Cross. I love movies where you don't get a happy ending and no such thing as a good guy or bad guy. Nightcrawler and this movie did a great job of giving people a peek behind the news and the ways they can manipulate reality.
Tyler Perry killed that shyt
real good movie but the Drop is my shyt right now
Tom Hardy a funny muthafukka

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Tyler Perry killed that shyt
real good movie but the Drop is my shyt right now
Tom Hardy a funny muthafukka
The Drop I'll check it out. From his first scene I could tell immediately how much he improved. Seemed a lot more comfortable.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The Drop I'll check it out. From his first scene I could tell immediately how much he improved. Seemed a lot more comfortable.
shyt was fresh
i dont wanna comment on it like that in fear of giving some shyt away
but its a dope flik

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Just watched it.. damn.

Dougie Houser- That was probably the highest levels of simping I've ever seen in my life:why:

This isn't oscar worthy imo. It was good but way too long. How bout the other ex-boyfriend.. Amy charged him with rape and now dude said he hasn't had a decent job for over eight years and has to register as a sex offender everywhere he goes:damn:That b*tch was a demon

mess with teh wrong women brehs

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Tyler Perry been a good actor but he will only get props on here if he is a co star to a cac. Just keeping it real. :manny:

Edit: White boy given props to Flincher for Tyler Perry's performance.
http://www.thecoli.com/posts/11312745/

I'd be willing to bet my life, TP would be getting shytted on if this was an all black cast. My life. :heh:

Last edited: