The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's my number 2 breh. Love this movie

just finished watching it.

really, really enjoyed it. wow, what a dark and beautifully twisted movie.

i was thinking about it earlier today and I changed my score on imdb.. I raised it up a whole point from my initial viewing.

it's definitely stuck with me over the past few months.

it's on my valentines day wishlist along with nightcrawler

told my girl she better cop :birdman:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
just finished watching it.

really, really enjoyed it. wow, what a dark and beautifully twisted movie.
When I watched it in theaters there was this father there with his wife and daughter, he kept nervously laughing at the very beginning when affleck is talking about spooling her brains out, dude had no idea it was going to be that dark. That's what I love about most of Fincher's work.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Then he is the guy who left after all that. He'll be hated on forever.
this is the stupidest shyt ever. "Hated on forever" :stopitslime: He was a normal guy not the queen of england, sure the press would talk shyt about it for a moth, but after that he would have been free and clear

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
gone-girl-opening-shot.gif

The first scene, you're seeing Ben caress her hair and saying that stuff because you know its a movie about her missing.
The the same scene is replayed at the end and you're fukking terrified at that look she is giving because this bytch is crazy

Fincher, brehs :wow:

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
this is the stupidest shyt ever. "Hated on forever" :stopitslime: He was a normal guy not the queen of england, sure the press would talk shyt about it for a moth, but after that he would have been free and clear
That's one of the points the movie addresses I think. How we care so much about media perception, yes, really in the end who cares? But he does :manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's one of the points the movie addresses I think. How we care so much about media perception, yes, really in the end who cares? But he does :manny:

Yup. It was a perfect satire of the media and for someone like Nick, who's always putting on a performance and putting up a facade, he really does care what people think about him and say about him

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yup. It was a perfect satire of the media and for someone like Nick, who's always putting on a performance and putting up a facade, he really does care what people think about him and say about him

Speaking of satire, this movie was like a mystery, thriller, dark comedy, and satire all rolled into one :lupe:

Easily top 5 movie of 2014

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
so real talk
did she set this up from the beginning?
two ppl with no jobs
was this her scam to keep them paid?

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my girl and her sister said Amy wrote all those journal entries that day. True or False?