I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
gone-girl-opening-shot.gif

:pacspit:

still can't believe that's how it ended...that bytch ain't shyt

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Tyler Perry been a good actor but he will only get props on here if he is a co star to a cac. Just keeping it real. :manny:

Edit: White boy given props to Flincher for Tyler Perry's performance.
http://www.thecoli.com/posts/11312745/

I'd be willing to bet my life, TP would be getting shytted on if this was an all black cast. My life. :heh:
Tyler was good at bringing that Madea character to life. My favorite role of his was in The Family That Preys. Besides his movies, I've only seen Perry in that Alex Cross movie which was terrible. Maybe it was too much pressure having to carry a movie like that or maybe he wasn't used to not being control of the whole project. In Gone Girl he could kind of kick back, relieve a lot of the tension and kept the movie light when it had to be, and he just had to play a successful lawyer, also wasn't as much pressure he only had to do his thing without worrying about the extra stuff. I know he catches a lot of flack cause of some of his movies or whatever propaganda but he comes off like a good guy and does a lot to bring variety to hollywood. I'm rooting for the breh.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Tyler Perry been a good actor but he will only get props on here if he is a co star to a cac. Just keeping it real. :manny:

Edit: White boy given props to Flincher for Tyler Perry's performance.
http://www.thecoli.com/posts/11312745/

I'd be willing to bet my life, TP would be getting shytted on if this was an all black cast. My life. :heh:

Disagree... He has his own studio he could have put something out displaying his acting chops long ago. Fincher just showed that with a solid director even Tyler Perry can look good. There are a ton of movies where mediocre directors get carried by the actor... Chadwick Boseman for example killed it in Get On Up, the directing is basic as f-ck and doesn't do the acting justice...

Perry's Madea stuff comes off so bad because the writing and directing is horrible add to the the fact that he's a man dressed up like an 80 year old woman.. No one is going to take him seriously as an actor in that type of role.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I actually really liked the movie. I only have one real complaint.

The whole part where she let them country bumpkins jux her was unrealistic. Up until that point I was with the writing. But that shyt made no sense given Amy's character. I don't get why she didn't just lay low period. I was yelling at the TV like, "Why are you talking to these strangers you stupid bytch!?!?" :damn:

The only real plausible reason I've seen for this is the fact that Amy thought she was too smart to be outsmarted by some rednecks. Whatever. I still think she should have been way more cautious given her previous actions.

I also wish they went more into what the deal was with NPH and Amy. What did his obsession with her derive from? Why didn't she want him? He made the comment that she had him under her thumb before so I don't get where things went awry. They really could have fleshed that out more.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Breh, that baby is gonna be the psycho. bytched rode him why she killed him. Fuuuuccckkk this movie is good.
So if she was pregnant for Barney why didn't affleck's dumbass just leave :mindblown:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Watched it earlier, liked it. I kinda got the vibe that Affleck's character eventually really kills her, after the movie is over. I might be off but that's just how I felt....the fact that the initial fake injury was a head wound, and the movie starts with Affleck saying he wants to unspool her brains....the fact that she lied in the journal about him pushing her, and he really does push her towards the end of the movie, shyt like that.

I'm not saying that's what is presented, I'm just saying the vibe I got.

Fred.

I thought the movie was going to end with him actually killing her. Seemed right.

And maybe my expectations were to high, while entertaining, I didn't think this movie was a great film.

• Dap
Reactions: hex