The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Loved the movie. Is there going to be a 2nd one?
i hope not

Just finished watching. Ending kinda sucked. Kind of a let down to me, but overall good movie. If she didn't get jacked, I wonder what her plan was. Was the chick just gonna live like some white trash the rest of her life?
her original plan was to kill herself

Once she decided not to do it i dont think she knew what she wanted to do

My guess is she was gonna stay where she was at but then them rednecks took her off and she realized she wasnt built to survive in their world and called Doogie

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
i hope not

her original plan was to kill herself

Once she decided not to do it i dont think she knew what she wanted to do

My guess is she was gonna stay where she was at but then them rednecks took her off and she realized she wasnt built to survive in their world and called Doogie

Not entirely correct, her plan only involved killing herself if it were to be absolutely necessary to get Nick the chair. That's why she kept pushing it back on the calendar because it all depended on how much things went according to her plans.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
just saw the movie, it was a good story, i had to pause from time to time, that bytch had me enraged. Great movie if you dont overthink it, her second story had some man holes in it

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Why, just leave it alone?

Because that's life. All this talk in the thread about the point of the movie being "women are the devil brehs" it's so short sighted, and no diss to anyone when I say that, so please don't take it that way. The big thing of the movie is the nature of human beings and the lies we tell and masks we wear and like many Fincher movies, life doesn't always have a "happy" ending. It has an ending that the characters involved are satisfied with but are they really happy? Nick and Amy both decided in the end to play these roles of Nick and Amy, the happy perfect couple because it was easier than having to be real and having to be who they really are. There are maybe 2 or 3 good decent people in the whole flick and Nick and Amy aren't in that group; they both manipulate to get what they want, they lie, they cheat, and know that who they pretend to be is a lot better than who they really are.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Because that's life. All this talk in the thread about the point of the movie being "women are the devil brehs" it's so short sighted, and no diss to anyone when I say that, so please don't take it that way. The big thing of the movie is the nature of human beings and the lies we tell and masks we wear and like many Fincher movies, life doesn't always have a "happy" ending. It has an ending that the characters involved are satisfied with but are they really happy? Nick and Amy both decided in the end to play these roles of Nick and Amy, the happy perfect couple because it was easier than having to be real and having to be who they really are. There are maybe 2 or 3 good decent people in the whole flick and Nick and Amy aren't in that group; they both manipulate to get what they want, they lie, they cheat, and know that who they pretend to be is a lot better than who they really are.
Fair enough. :ehh:

Just the ending made me think there could possible be a number 2.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fair enough. :ehh:

Just the ending made me think there could possible be a number 2.

Nah I think the ending is just to point out that life is like that sometimes man. Not everything is open and shut, sometimes we get into situations as people where we just deal and those two are just dealing

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Breh, that baby is gonna be the psycho. bytched rode him why she killed him. Fuuuuccckkk this movie is good.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i done told y'all when women bash their exes if you were to ever meet them there cool as hell and were the ones prob screwed over

reminds me of my ex bashing her ex how he was a cheat, a loser all that. then one day i met that dude and added him to psn, dude was cool as hell and it was my ex who was the dirty cheating whore

good ol marriage ala keeping up with appearances, cant wait to walk down the aisle brehs

every woman has a simp who only in times of despair and need is called upon

dude going out after he busted a nut :heh:

Last edited: