The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I get what you're saying. I know the movie had a deeper meaning than what was portrayed. But dude anybody can have a facade whether it's lieing about being yourself or watever. She literally murdered a dude and manipulated the last dude claiming rape. Nicks life is in her hands forever as long as she's alive. That's my only issue. And if Nick is cool with that then so be it. His only strength was getting thru that interview unscathed. Maybe that was enough to convince her to come back. What if she kepted the money? He would have just went to jail. She basically counted on him to want her enough so she can come back.

I can see if he was just as crazy as she was and he was just as much as a manipulater as she was. On some equally match shyt. That woulda convinced me that in some sick way it makes since with them working it out. But he just dropped the ball so easy.

I guess I'm just confused about him not wanting to be with her and damn near being sick and tired of her existence. Then just taking her back in the end. Maybe I'm missing something. Or maybe that was the fascade? Did I answer my own question? Lmao

Remember the scene in the end with his sister and he's explaining to her Amy's pregnant and all that? And his sister says well we can fight it, you don't have to stay, we can get the kid (something to that effect) and he has this look on his face and she says "Oh my God you want to stay with her" and he says nothing to that too? That's just it breh, that is the moment right there when everything came together for me and it clicked that he is comfortable playing this role and he wants to play this role. He looks past all the other stuff she's done because it's easier to just deal and stay than to grow and have to do something difficult like move on; the kid was just an added excuse for him. He took her back because he likes playing this role of "Nick Dunn" he enjoys it, he knows it and it's simple to him, just like she likes playing the role of "Amy Dunn" and all it entails. They're two messed up people who have been playing roles their whole lives and they finally found roles that work for them

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Remember the scene in the end with his sister and he's explaining to her Amy's pregnant and all that? And his sister says well we can fight it, you don't have to stay, we can get the kid (something to that effect) and he has this look on his face and she says "Oh my God you want to stay with her" and he says nothing to that too? That's just it breh, that is the moment right there when everything came together for me and it clicked that he is comfortable playing this role and he wants to play this role. He looks past all the other stuff she's done because it's easier to just deal and stay than to grow and have to do something difficult like move on; the kid was just an added excuse for him. He took her back because he likes playing this role of "Nick Dunn" he enjoys it, he knows it and it's simple to him, just like she likes playing the role of "Amy Dunn" and all it entails. They're two messed up people who have been playing roles their whole lives and they finally found roles that work for them
Yea I remember that scene. I guess I'm speaking from a personal perspective. And I got his intentions with her mixed up. That part is really important though. It makes since now that u put it in a better perspective. I was going off of everything thats happened. :clap: :salute: breh. I stand down.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea I remember that scene. I guess I'm speaking from a personal perspective. And I got his intentions with her mixed up. That part is really important though. It makes since now that u put it in a better perspective. I was going off of everything thats happened. :clap: :salute: breh. I stand down.

Nah don't stand down lol..not that serious. I just think the flick is getting a bad rap in some circles as a sexist movie or anti feminist movie when I believe and I know others believe that it's damning of both men and women although it's harder to identify with the woman because she's a killer and clearly a psychopath, but Nick's got his own issues to deal with and clearly he doesn't want to

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Nah don't stand down lol..not that serious. I just think the flick is getting a bad rap in some circles as a sexist movie or anti feminist movie when I believe and I know others believe that it's damning of both men and women although it's harder to identify with the woman because she's a killer and clearly a psychopath, but Nick's got his own issues to deal with and clearly he doesn't want to
Lol. What I got from it was them showing how some women are very manipulative. Put aside the murder and think about how she played on their emotions all the way down to their habits and instincts. That having money and being rich still shows how status doesn't matter.

And Nick not being honest when he's not happy. Convincing yourselves and others with lies that u don't believe deep down. And honestly fukk feminism. These days u can't even speak your mind without getting suspended. That's the angle Tyler Perry played up. Showing that the western world is more comfortable with a fascade more than blunt honestly. So focused on being someone else that u forget who u are. This movie was so deep. I think we need more bold movie like this. Too much simping in movies forreal.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Lol. What I got from it was them showing how some women are very manipulative. Put aside the murder and think about how she played on their emotions all the way down to their habits and instincts. That having money and being rich still shows how status doesn't matter.

And Nick not being honest when he's not happy. Convincing yourselves and others with lies that u don't believe deep down. And honestly fukk feminism. These days u can't even speak your mind without getting suspended. That's the angle Tyler Perry played up. Showing that the western world is more comfortable with a fascade more than blunt honestly. So focused on being someone else that u forget who u are. This movie was so deep. I think we need more bold movie like this. Too much simping in movies forreal.

Nick played her too..he played everyone. They both played everyone. Nick couldn't even be honest with his sister breh. That's why I say it's an indictment on both men and women

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
saw it today..l..great great movie...I don't think i've ever said "this bytch is crazy" so much in my entire life....the ending pissed me the fukk off...can't believe this bytch essentially...won...after everything she did...to everyone....she still won in the end....crazy fukkin bytch...

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
saw it today..l..great great movie...I don't think i've ever said "this bytch is crazy" so much in my entire life....the ending pissed me the fukk off...can't believe this bytch essentially...won...after everything she did...to everyone....she still won in the end....crazy fukkin bytch...

And that's why i call it a horror movie for men..

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did something today I've never done nikkas, I watched a movie alone... but I had to cause of that nikka Fincher :wow:

Crazy movie, I'd say it's his 3rd best, Zodiac and Seven ahead.

Shorty was crazy. Salute the homie Affleck who got to put in work on Emily Ratajkowski :whew:.

A lot of yall are talking about lies, marriage and etc being focal points of the film, which is true, but the neglecting the presumption of innocence was the biggest one for me. How people are quick to point notwithstanding any real evidence.

Last edited:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did the crowds react halfway through when Amy was revealed alive?

Rosamund Pike is pretty as hell, well the first half of the movie. Wifey material looks wise, surprised yall aint talking about her.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
How did the crowds react halfway through when Amy was revealed alive?

Rosamund Pike is pretty as hell, well the first half of the movie. Wifey material looks wise, surprised yall aint talking about her.
i was too distracted by Emily Ratajkowski, good lord those fukking titties are magical :ohlawd:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I went with my sister and baby mama today,and they had a good laugh about "Well he shouldn't have cheated honeychild:russ:!"....my girl probably thought it was cute they was bonding,but I made sure she saw me in her peripheral while they was high fiving

Hated the ending,i understand more than anybody staying with a woman cuz you got a kid:why:...But not if you have to fear the woman not only killing you,or maybe just killing the kid too because shes jealous of the attention you giving the baby:pachaha:...They really tried to make it deep on some "He likes playing the role" bullshyt. But I didn't see him playing a role all that great the entire movie...He was doing regular "man shyt".

Yet at the very end they tried to turn into some weirdo who enjoys putting on the act and needs her too in some sick way:beli:...dude was kissing 18 year old students in public,fuking her in his office,his sisters shed....He would've been perfectly fine leaving this old white bytch and fukking students...don't try to give me some deep ending as the clock winds down on some "He needs her as much as she needs him:mjpls:" horseshyt.

They could've just made him the real dude he was through the whole movie and had him tell his sister "I gotta stay for the babys safety,this bytch crazy:manny:"...that convo he had with the sister left me disgusted...even him saying he couldn't handle America hating him bcuz he was obsessed with being liked made more sense....but to make it like he needed her and she needed him was some bullshyt:rudy: