The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
im confused by cats in here....

for movie buffs....cats in here really dont read much...this book was published in 2012 and been on the best sellers list for 2 years and counting...and nikkas havent read it?

the movie followed the book almost exactly....

Why would you assume that people would automatically read it...or have the time to...or even know about it?:what:

Shortsighted much?

Anyways movie was surprisingly good. That's one crazy bytch.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I thought the first half was good. The ending was anti climatic honestly.

Edit

I think Ben got back with her out of fear. Dude made it clear that he was annoyed by her. Amy manipulated all of her relationships and got her way. The movie didn't really convince me that he even loved her. One thing I've learned is to not trust media at all. And don't get married brehs lol. Homies grab some balls and stop simping.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I thought the first half was good. The ending was anti climatic honestly.

Edit

I think Ben got back with her out of fear. Dude made it clear that he was annoyed by her. Amy manipulated all of her relationships and got her way. The movie didn't really convince me that he even loved her. One thing I've learned is to not trust media at all. And don't get married brehs lol. Homies grab some balls and stop simping.

That was the point. It's not that he ever really loved her, it was that he loved who he thought she was and loved the person he became to be with her even more. Putting on the act in the beginning, made him happy; he became miserable once he couldn't keep it up.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
That was the point. It's not that he ever really loved her, it was that he loved who he thought she was and loved the person he became to be with her even more. Putting on the act in the beginning, made him happy; he became miserable once he couldn't keep it up.
So what's the point of staying with someone u don't love. And put your life along with others in severe jeopardy? Whether he was putting on a facade or not it still didn't explain why he dropped everything and stayed. The average dude woulda bounced. Now dude is gonna be manipulated for the rest of his life.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So what's the point of staying with someone u don't love. And put your life along with others in severe jeopardy? Whether he was putting on a facade or not it still didn't explain why he dropped everything and stayed. The average dude woulda bounced. Now dude is gonna be manipulated for the rest of his life.

He wanted it tho man. He was comfortable with it. Putting on that facade was a lot easier than being who he really was and I'd argue that he wasn't entirely sure who he really was. And he knew his life wouldn't be in jeopardy because that's a part of Amy's facade; this life they built was all about putting something on and they both wanted to and needed to play these roles

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
He wanted it tho man. He was comfortable with it. Putting on that facade was a lot easier than being who he really was and I'd argue that he wasn't entirely sure who he really was. And he knew his life wouldn't be in jeopardy because that's a part of Amy's facade; this life they built was all about putting something on and they both wanted to and needed to play these roles
I see what u saying and all. But I couldn't trust a woman who has a murderous facade. But besides that I enjoyed the movie. Don't trust the media at face value. And don't trust manipulative and seductive women. Shut their shyt down with blunt honesty. No matter how sexy they are. Be upfront about who u are and what u want in life. That's what I've learned from this movie. All men should see it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I see what u saying and all. But I couldn't trust a woman who has a murderous facade. But besides that I enjoyed the movie. Don't trust the media at face value. And don't trust manipulative and seductive women. Shut their shyt down with blunt honesty. No matter how sexy they are. Be upfront about who u are and what u want in life. That's what I've learned from this movie. All men should see it.

Breh it's about more than not trusting women. It's about the masks we all wear and the facade we put on. He was just as guilty of that as she was. The lies we tell each other the lies we tell ourselves all to play roles in life and make everything feel better.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Breh it's about more than not trusting women. It's about the masks we all wear and the facade we put on. He was just as guilty of that as she was. The lies we tell each other the lies we tell ourselves all to play roles in life and make everything feel better.
I get what you're saying. I know the movie had a deeper meaning than what was portrayed. But dude anybody can have a facade whether it's lieing about being yourself or watever. She literally murdered a dude and manipulated the last dude claiming rape. Nicks life is in her hands forever as long as she's alive. That's my only issue. And if Nick is cool with that then so be it. His only strength was getting thru that interview unscathed. Maybe that was enough to convince her to come back. What if she kepted the money? He would have just went to jail. She basically counted on him to want her enough so she can come back.

I can see if he was just as crazy as she was and he was just as much as a manipulater as she was. On some equally match shyt. That woulda convinced me that in some sick way it makes since with them working it out. But he just dropped the ball so easy.

I guess I'm just confused about him not wanting to be with her and damn near being sick and tired of her existence. Then just taking her back in the end. Maybe I'm missing something. Or maybe that was the fascade? Did I answer my own question? Lmao