The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
im confused by cats in here....

for movie buffs....cats in here really dont read much...this book was published in 2012 and been on the best sellers list for 2 years and counting...and nikkas havent read it?

the movie followed the book almost exactly....
how is this confusing?

why would movie buffs read breh?

we watch movies and quality cable shows

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The whole movie is about lies and roles and unreliable narrators and perception and who we appear to be to the world, who we tell ourselves that we are and what we do in order to just live life

Do you think she was gonna kill NPH before she saw Afflecks TV interview? It's like she was captivated and believed al the stuff he was saying, then she changed her mind and wanted to figure out how to get back home.

Do you think she was gonna go back period if those country trailer park ppl hadnt stole all her money?

And for a while, it seemed like NPH was playin her on the low, like he knew she was up to no good. But I guess he didn't.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Do you think she was gonna kill NPH before she saw Afflecks TV interview? It's like she was captivated and believed al the stuff he was saying, then she changed her mind and wanted to figure out how to get back home.

Do you think she was gonna go back period if those country trailer park ppl hadnt stole all her money?

And for a while, it seemed like NPH was playin her on the low, like he knew she was up to no good. But I guess he didn't.

Breh I had a feeling she was going to kill him for a while. I guess it was something in her eyes but then I didn't expect her to do it the way she did it. However she was captivated by his performance. I don't think she was on some "oh he wants me back aw" I think she was happy that the guy she decided to marry came back; the guy willing to play that role. And that's what she wanted.

I don't think she would've if she still had her money because she never would've gotten in touch with NPH

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If this movie wasn't directed by Fincher and was a little known book, there would be no praise for this cheesy plot hole filled mess of a movie.

I cannot believe that this movie is getting rave reviews.
:camby:Especially when some people do not understand that the plot holes were INTENTIONAL because it is based on TWO UNRELIABLE perspectives making everything they said or shown of the past questionable as to what it the truth.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
im confused by cats in here....

for movie buffs....cats in here really dont read much...this book was published in 2012 and been on the best sellers list for 2 years and counting...and nikkas havent read it?

the movie followed the book almost exactly....

I think it's damned near impossible to read everything on the best seller list every year and keep up with all of the other non-best sellers as well. Although I did read this book, the fact that many people have not, isn't really that surprising. I know people who read dozens of books a year and still haven't gotten to GoT or HG series.

fukk I look like reading books and shyt. If it's a bestseller it'll become a movie soon anyway so why would I deal with all those words and shyt?

:heh:

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Saw this last Saturday and it was actually worth the Money.:whew:

I missed the 1st 10 Minutes though, did I miss anything?

Great Story but the Twist was just too much :mindblown: but at the same time it made sense. Felt Bad when those CACs got the best of Her. May go watch this again to see if I missed anything. The Detective had that Determination.:whew: