The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Daps
Reppin
NULL
im confused by cats in here....

for movie buffs....cats in here really dont read much...this book was published in 2012 and been on the best sellers list for 2 years and counting...and nikkas havent read it?

the movie followed the book almost exactly....

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Why so breh

I mean I guess I wanted to see Amy get some comeuppance and/or have Nick get some balls and leave her. I mean sure, she kind trapped him with the kid, but I was thinking she'd try to kill him at any moment. She was scary as fukk to me by the end, and proved she was capable of murder. I know she said "your kid will hate you" but I mean I just feel like he surrendered. Again it does make sense I guess, because that was his character. How could he leave her after her "rape" and ordeal, after he'd already been hated in the media before.

I guess there's really no other way for it to logically end. She's Amazing Amy, so of course she was going to outwit average ass. He was never that smart now that I think about it, and made a lot of bad decisions. I mean I'm selfish and I wanted to see her get murked, or tricked on live tv, or have something backfire on her, but she was too calculating to let any of that happen.

The twists were so cool I just was expecting something bigger in the finale, but maybe that was the point? The movie also really made marriage look awful, lol. This is every man's nightmare.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

for movie buffs....cats in here really dont read much...this book was published in 2012 and been on the best sellers list for 2 years and counting...and nikkas havent read it?

I was never interested in the book breh but I do read lol. I think most of us do but this probably wasn't something that came on our radar, I know it missed mine. I've got a copy of it now though and I'm going to dig into it

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I was never interested in the book breh but I do read lol. I think most of us do but this probably wasn't something that came on our radar, I know it missed mine. I've got a copy of it now though and I'm going to dig into it

It missed mine too. I'm also not real big into airport/talk of the moment books. The last really pop-culture phenomenon book that I read was probably Da Vinci Code, which now that I think about it has to be a good decade old.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean I guess I wanted to see Amy get some comeuppance and/or have Nick get some balls and leave her. I mean sure, she kind trapped him with the kid, but I was thinking she'd try to kill him at any moment. She was scary as fukk to me by the end, and proved she was capable of murder. I know she said "your kid will hate you" but I mean I just feel like he surrendered. Again it does make sense I guess, because that was his character. How could he leave her after her "rape" and ordeal, after he'd already been hated in the media before.

I guess there's really no other way for it to logically end. She's Amazing Amy, so of course she was going to outwit average ass. He was never that smart now that I think about it, and made a lot of bad decisions. I mean I'm selfish and I wanted to see her get murked, or tricked on live tv, or have something backfire on her, but she was too calculating to let any of that happen.

The twists were so cool I just was expecting something bigger in the finale, but maybe that was the point? The movie also really made marriage look awful, lol. This is every man's nightmare.

It wasn't even about him being outwitted..he wanted to stay breh. She called him on it and his sister called him on it. He likes playing this role because it's easier than anything else. Playing a role is easier than being himself. They're both messed up people and playing a role for each other and the world and that's what they're used to. When you're used to something, it's easier than trying to adapt to something new. He didn't surrender to her as much as he surrendered to himself.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
It wasn't even about him being outwitted..he wanted to stay breh. She called him on it and his sister called him on it. He likes playing this role because it's easier than anything else. Playing a role is easier than being himself. They're both messed up people and playing a role for each other and the world and that's what they're used to. When you're used to something, it's easier than trying to adapt to something new. He didn't surrender to her as much as he surrendered to himself.

:merchant:
:ld:
:mindblown:

Very nice analysis. I think I agree.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

im not shytting on cats in here breh... :pachaha:

was just an observation....i think i read too much of this kind of stuff....i think i plowed thru that book in a day...2 days tops...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
im not shytting on cats in here breh... :pachaha:

was just an observation....i think i read too much of this kind of stuff....i think i plowed thru that book in a day...2 days tops...

Yeah it's not my cup of tea..but you attach Fincher to it and I'm :isthatall::maybe:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Terrifying flick.

Not sure what was and wasn't true in the flashbacks since the diary is a lie. Entertaining. I guess the ending seems logical, because what else really was gonna happen? Of course Amy was gonna be one step ahead of the game, she always was. But I still felt a little let down by it. I still almost always enjoy Fincher's work.

Affleck will get slept on in this, which sucks. He did a good job. Understated character, so not a lot of big scenes or anything, but he killed it and was very believable. Obviously the actress that played Amy might get an oscar nod. She crushed it. Even Tyler Perry was dope.

I agree breh. Fincher's work is usually physically terrifying (like something scary around the corner) this movie was mentally terrifying, if that makes sense. Zodiac still remains my favorite Fincher movie.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

fukk I look like reading books and shyt. If it's a bestseller it'll become a movie soon anyway so why would I deal with all those words and shyt?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
jusst saw this today, :damn: brehs, this chick was rotten. To the core. :damn:

She aint have to do Doogie Howser like that, either.

I never read the book or knew anything about it so sh*t had me like :merchant::wow::damn: during the movie