The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Might be my least favorite Fincher movie and the worst "high-art trash" I've seen since Black Swan.

Nothing in this film was subtle, complex or even remotely thought-provocing. But if you're a reputable director and throw in some Trent Reznor, people will love it.
How the fukk is this movie "high-art"? It's a fukking dark comedy thriller

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You thought it was a dark comedy?:lupe:
Yeah, my theater was cracking up all the while being shocked

I mean, the fukking opening lines of the movie

"And what's inside it. I think of that too: her mind. Her brain, all those coils, and her thoughts shuttling through those coils like fast, frantic centipedes. Like a child, I picture opening her skull, unspooling her brain and sifting through it, trying to catch and pin down her thoughts. What are you thinking, Amy? The question I've asked most often during our marriage, if not out loud, if not to the person who could answer. I suppose these questions stormcloud over every marriage: What are you thinking? How are you feeling? Who are you? What have we done to each other? What will we do?"

NPR's description "Darkly funny, suspenseful and cunningly plotted, Gillian Flynn'sGone Girl will be published June 5"

most reviews calling it a black comedy

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gone+girl+dark+comedy

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That shyt was a horror movie for men...
Upon reflection, the most remarkable thing about this movie is how it's such a mixture of a bunch of different genres, i mean, on first view I took this as a dark comedy, others found it to be horrific others could take it as simply a mystery crime thriller. Other people in this thread looked deeper into the movie trying to garner something about human relationships, which I think is valid as well. I'm interested in doing a second viewing and see how my experience changes.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Just saw this with my girl.

The whole time I was just thinking to myself, "this shyt could happen to any of us ... :lupe:"

Good movie though. The pacing was done pretty well for such a long movie. I didn't really get antsy or anything during it. During the scene with NPH and shorty had his blood on her, I said to myself, "that's kind of hot" and my girl looked at me on some ":scust:" shyt. Idk, I thought she was still riding him with his blood all over her, LOL.

When we left the movie this old guy with his wife turned to me and said, "makes you reconsider getting married, huh?" :pachaha:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Terrifying flick.

Not sure what was and wasn't true in the flashbacks since the diary is a lie. Entertaining. I guess the ending seems logical, because what else really was gonna happen? Of course Amy was gonna be one step ahead of the game, she always was. But I still felt a little let down by it. I still almost always enjoy Fincher's work.

Affleck will get slept on in this, which sucks. He did a good job. Understated character, so not a lot of big scenes or anything, but he killed it and was very believable. Obviously the actress that played Amy might get an oscar nod. She crushed it. Even Tyler Perry was dope.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Terrifying flick.

Not sure what was and wasn't true in the flashbacks since the diary is a lie. Entertaining. I guess the ending seems logical, because what else really was gonna happen? Of course Amy was gonna be one step ahead of the game, she always was. But I still felt a little let down by it.

Why so breh