The Game Awards 2022 December 8th 730pm EST -Are you Excited yet?-

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Don't know how you can win game of the year for a game with such a nonsensical story. There is literally no plot. Just a social media/meme juggernaut. This had no business beating GOW

ER was gonna win esp if GoWR didn't get it.

I do agree that the story of FromSoft's games can be :dahell: tho

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I heard there was no real story. Surprised it got the GOTY.

The lore for ER is super deep they just don’t spoon feed the overarching narrative to you.

Lore Hunting is a huge aspect of the game for a big part of the player base and there are still new theories and secrets being discovered regularly. It’s another reason why the game has had so much lasting power since release.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
shout out to the weirdos who buy and push weirdo anime shyt with nonsensical plotlines
but then say shyt like "Elden Ring story is just too much and convoluted, hidden inside of actually playing the game for me to understand and pick up :mjcry:"

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The lore for ER is super deep they just don’t spoon feed the overarching narrative to you.

Lore Hunting is a huge aspect of the game for a big part of the player base and there are still new theories and secrets being discovered regularly. It’s another reason why the game has had so much lasting power since release.
Gaming isn't a storytelling medium, I get it.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps

Elden Ring deserves to win best game but Souls 'lore', which basically boils down to item descriptions and fan theories, should not be considered a full narrative, it provides context, but it isn't a story.

Elden Ring beating GoW for game direction, GoW beating Plague Tale for narrative and Gran Turismo 7 for sound design:dead:

I don't know how people watch that shyt :russ:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Elden Ring deserves to win best game but Souls 'lore', which basically boils down to item descriptions and fan theories, should not be considered a full narrative, it provides context, but it isn't a story.

Elden Ring beating GoW for game direction, GoW beating Plagues Tale for narrative and Gran Turismo 7 for sound design:dead:

I don't know how people watch that shyt :russ:

Plague Tale Requiem’s narrative was my main point of contention with the game. They tried way too hard to steer it the direction of TLOU2’s misery simulator and didn’t pull it off with half the amount of nuance.