The future is here: Apple announces AR/VR headset the Apple Vision Pro

Daps
While I agree $3.5k is too much, they're not marketing it as a VR headset but an AR one. See this video
A practical view of the functionality:

The problem is, for $3.5k, most people expect a better form factor and battery life but even the average apple consumer doesn't fully understand/appreciate what it takes to make AR possible yet. At the end of the day, these big tech players know these early versions will be losses but whoever makes it to the first real AR glasses will be owners of the next iPhone...but on steroids as it will usher in a new gen of interfaces (think Windows) and devices/capabilities (imagine interacting with IoT like on some iron man shyt)

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Im pro VR and this isnt it,,,most can be done on other headsets now but with lower quality,,,

They dont realize most people cant wear them shyts for that long,,,

The longest i can watch a movie in VR is around 45 minutes ,,, it is fun but it starts to feel unnatural and kinda uncomfortable after an hour

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Im pro VR and this isnt it,,,most can be done on other headsets now but with lower quality,,,

They dont realize most people cant wear them shyts for that long,,,

The longest i can watch a movie in VR is around 45 minutes ,,, it is fun but it starts to feel unnatural and kinda uncomfortable after an hour
That’s interesting. I’ve had no desire to try VR so I don’t know what I’m getting into.

If it wasn’t for this trip coming up next year I wouldn’t even consider these but I’m hoping these are successful for my own selfish reasons but If there’s anything else that exists that integrates with apple os let me know.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I think Apple did a very poor job showing a real need for the device. It ultimately looks more like a toy than a tool. They didn't really show any level of opacity and/or occlusion for the hand tracking. They didn't even give us the FOV specs.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
4OnC.gif

:francis:
:francis: