The future is here: Apple announces AR/VR headset the Apple Vision Pro

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I don’t know how it would work, but it would be cool if eventually it was just a pair of contacts instead of a headset or glasses
When it happens it's gonna be through nano tech.
When that era begins tech is gonna be bananas.
Think that movie Aeon Flux as far as weapons go.
Nuclear bomb inside a pen. Nanobots that can print you a new limb or organ. Can be programmed to attack cancer cells. Build entire futuristic cities you see in Star Wars. Straight madness.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
So here's a different perspective..

Computers went from needing multiple floors, to being in your home, then your pocket, then your hand.. ultimately it'll end up in our brains, but it must make this stop on our faces first.. this is the next phase in how we interface with computers.. it's a new space with a lot of players.. still a bit chaotic, and we'll still trying to figure out the best path forward.. still held back by technology(battery life, better and more power efficient CPU's, better connectivity etc).. it's a first glance into the future of computing.. it's going to be clunky, it's goin to have pitfalls.. but those will be tuned out as it matures.. the thing for apple here is that it creates/fosters an ecosystem where developers are incentivized to create software and experiences for this new space because no matter how much more advanced/cheaper/better the tech gets, it fails without software.. you're seeing companies who've had beef with Apple over thier AppStore % practices play hardball by not creating household apps for the platform.. YouTube, Netflix etc..

This isn't the mass market device.. that device will probably be in the price range of the MacBook Air.. it's basically a dev kit for developers that Apple are allowing its customers to also purchase.. it's just one big beta with a very high entrance fee if you have the $$ and don't want to wait a few years.
Then they need to stop acting like it’s a mass market device

Sure, they can use it as a dev device, still not going to affect it’s sales like that. Thats what I meant by keeping it limited

The technology in this is never going to let its price reach macbook air status. And like the review said, it’s heavy (like a laptop on your face), battery is shyt, doesn’t have the top apps, etc.. and its $3600.

This shyt isn’t selling

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Then they need to stop acting like it’s a mass market device

Sure, they can use it as a dev device, still not going to affect it’s sales like that. Thats what I meant by keeping it limited

The technology in this is never going to let its price reach macbook air status. And like the review said, it’s heavy (like a laptop on your face), battery is shyt, doesn’t have the top apps, etc.. and its $3600.

This shyt isn’t selling
But that’s not how technology works though..

In about 2-3 years, once the manufacturing process and assembly lines for this product matures, it will get a lot cheaper to make.. damn near everything inside of this is a first of its kind or cutting edge.. once those components begin to mature and other companies start using them, the cost will fall significantly… in 3 years you would probably be able to get better tech than what’s inside of this for half the cost.

This isn’t a mass market product.. a mass market product need a mass market price… this isn’t that.. the checkout price including tax is $4300. How many people you think have that kinda money laying around to spend on what is essentially a fun toy at this stage of its lifecycle?

Apple will still sell every unit they can make.. not sure where the “it isn’t selling” bit is coming from.

Still unsure what your issue is here.. and it sounds like you don’t really understand technology… so… just don’t buy it?

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
this look perfect for people that be doing too much. I dont use 3 or more screens at the same time

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
When it happens it's gonna be through nano tech.
When that era begins tech is gonna be bananas.
Think that movie Aeon Flux as far as weapons go.
Nuclear bomb inside a pen. Nanobots that can print you a new limb or organ. Can be programmed to attack cancer cells. Build entire futuristic cities you see in Star Wars. Straight madness.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Man, like I said if this thing actually supported multiple Macbook monitors, it'd be worth it to me. Other professionals for their line of work probably can though so it'd be worth it to them.

However, the fact it treats the Macbook as a single display means I can't use it for work/writing software as easily as a multi-monitor setup.

Maybe it's possible as an update and they can share the extra windows via virtual monitors.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think this will sell but they need a few years and popular software/games that support it. It’s like the first IPod