The future is here: Apple announces AR/VR headset the Apple Vision Pro

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
They’re going to have to bring that price down if they want a lot of people to get it. I can’t see paying money that I could use to get like two MacBooks to get this shyt. It’ll be cool for a little while then it’ll be in a drawer somewhere collecting dust

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I’m looking at how much it costs to make

If they keep it limited, yeah they can keep it successful imo.

But if they mass produce at that price in this economy, only diehard fans of Apple/VR will probably only buy it.

fukk a phone, this is not a phone
So here's a different perspective..

Computers went from needing multiple floors, to being in your home, then your pocket, then your hand.. ultimately it'll end up in our brains, but it must make this stop on our faces first.. this is the next phase in how we interface with computers.. it's a new space with a lot of players.. still a bit chaotic, and we'll still trying to figure out the best path forward.. still held back by technology(battery life, better and more power efficient CPU's, better connectivity etc).. it's a first glance into the future of computing.. it's going to be clunky, it's goin to have pitfalls.. but those will be tuned out as it matures.. the thing for apple here is that it creates/fosters an ecosystem where developers are incentivized to create software and experiences for this new space because no matter how much more advanced/cheaper/better the tech gets, it fails without software.. you're seeing companies who've had beef with Apple over thier AppStore % practices play hardball by not creating household apps for the platform.. YouTube, Netflix etc..

This isn't the mass market device.. that device will probably be in the price range of the MacBook Air.. it's basically a dev kit for developers that Apple are allowing its customers to also purchase.. it's just one big beta with a very high entrance fee if you have the $$ and don't want to wait a few years.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
You have to treat this like the ipad
it was clowned heavy when it first came out
even I clowned the iPad and now I own 1 trying to get a second :mjlol:
the slim version of these will sell out like hotcakes
Pokemon go and duel links is about to be :banderas:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Too many expensive. Won't catch on

Sold out before launch with 200k+. That's really good for a sudden product like this with that high of a price. And they haven't even really promoted this the way they do iPhones, or did Macs, iPods etc.

Gonna be a lot of people financing these through their apple card and the second revision is gonna go crazy.

You're talking about a company that has been notoriously known for being overpriced for decades. And they've only grown - one of the times where the price is actually justifiable in comparison to the product

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This kinda tech will only be good when they can fit all that shyt in some NReal type of glasses instead of that bulky ass headset. Maybe by the end of this decade or early 2030.
I don’t know how it would work, but it would be cool if eventually it was just a pair of contacts instead of a headset or glasses

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
like i said you'll be wow for a few weeks then it will collect dust.

You want to watch a nba game for hours with some ish on your face?

The difference with this is the passthrough is good enough
that you don't have to take it off to interact.