The :flabbynsick: aren't always as :flabbynsick: as you think they are

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As if 35 year old rappers are focusing on kids for the most part.

Plus how can it be youth culture when kids parents grew up on it???

You just glossing over the fact I said it evolved ? Hip hop today should not sound like it did 20 years ago

Some of that is true but only to a certain point. Today's "hip hop" music on the radio is objectively worse than 90s hip hop. It has nothing to do with old generations not giving new shyt a chance. shyt like Fetty Wap is disposable trash. There was a time when the biggest hip hop artists on the radio were GOATs like Nas and Biggie. Fetty Wap is not nor will EVER compare to those dudes.

It's trash by whose standards ? Our generation or this one ?
I can't see the future so I won't assume what an artist today will/will not do.
If you can that's great.

You shouldn't compare artists from this era to previous ones to begin with.

that's partly where they got y'all fukked up. Corporations defined it as youth culture. Aiming it at teens and tweens.

Hip hop was for anyone who fukked with it. You forget that college radio is one of the major things that built up hip hop. They weren't tweens. These were grown adults. Maybe not 40 and :flabbynsick: but certainly not Drake demo.

Now it's Drake demo.

That was my father's era, and the first hip hop I ever heard was through my father.

Like I said, the 'age' argument is not rock solid. Y'all can't hide behind it anymore.

Define what you think Drake demo is .....

Get it through your head, every generation sh!ts on the next

You ever play ASAP Rocky and Lil B to your pops ? If you have...what did he think ?

If you haven't why not ?

I'm not deflecting so don't even go there. (These are just the artists you like presented to the previous gen)

Last edited:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You just glossing over the fact I said it evolved ? Hip hop today should not sound like it did 20 years ago

It's trash by whose standards ? Our generation or this one ?
I can't see the future so I won't assume what an artist today will/will not do.
If you can that's great.

You shouldn't compare artists from this era to previous ones to begin with.
You are not addressing the fact that older rappers are making music for people of a similar age. Yet it's still hip hop. So how is that youth culture again?

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are not addressing the fact that older rappers are making music for people of a similar age. Yet it's still hip hop. So how is that youth culture again?

How does that absolve them of being flabby n sick ?

Last edited:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So ... you're telling me that Nas and the Roots for example are making flabby and sick music?

:camby:

You think children who grow up on Drake, Thugga and Future won't think Nas is flabby n sick ?

I don't even like hearing Nas on modern 808 beats -AT ALL. Who exactly is he trying to connect with on this record ?

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
We all have our cut off age where all new music sucks. I'm chuckling remembering a South Park episode about that ...
That's true for lot of people but honestly don't think I will ever get to that point. At least not any time soon. These days we are so connected in to the internet culture that is all about sharing new artists with each other. Like a month ago someone hooked me up with Summertime 06 by Vince Staples, a new artist I never heard of. That album had a very different sound and that shyt still clicked with me pretty fast.

I'm 27 now, so I ain't old yet, but at the same time I don't see why at 40 I'd stop wanting to hear new shyt. And I'm not special or anything, it's just I have the patience to give new music a shot, even if it's challenging to listen to at first.

STFARN

Banned
Daps
You weirdos and your structured dancing:mjlol:
I stay groovin in the club
Ain't no specific way to grind with a bytch:mjlol:
If you ain't got swag and can't move your body to the music you a lame:mjlol:
Swagless ass:mjlol::mjlol:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You think children who grow up on Drake, Thugga and Future won't think Nas is flabby n sick ?

I don't even like hearing Nas on modern 808 beats -AT ALL. Who exactly is he trying to connect with on this record ?

Ok ... so kids won't like older rappers ...

Ok ...

So does that make what older rappers are doing less innovative or less hip hop?

To say hip hop is youth culture is crazy ....

Rock was youth culture

R& B was youth culture

You do realize that Jazz was youth culture

Swing was youth culture

Big Band was youth culture

Reggae was youth culture

Hip hop ....

has now been replaced by EDM as youth culture ... sorry ...

Hip hop is too old for it to be only for youth

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That's true for lot of people but honestly don't think I will ever get to that point. At least not any time soon. These days we are so connected in to the internet culture that is all about sharing new artists with each other. Like a month ago someone hooked me up with Summertime 06 by Vince Staples, a new artist I never heard of. That album had a very different sound and that shyt still clicked with me pretty fast.

I'm 27 now, so I ain't old yet, but at the same time I don't see why at 40 I'd stop wanting to hear new shyt. And I'm not special or anything, it's just I have the patience to give new music a shot, even if it's challenging to listen to at first.
I feel the exact same way. I'll be 97 still looking for what's new out there ...

Last edited:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok ... so kids won't like older rappers ...

Ok ...

So does that make what older rappers are doing less innovative or less hip hop?

To say hip hop is youth culture is crazy ....

Rock was youth culture

R& B was youth culture

You do realize that Jazz was youth culture

Swing was youth culture

Big Band was youth culture

Reggae was youth culture

Hip hop ....

has now been replaced by EDM as youth culture ... sorry ...

Hip hop is too old for it to be only for youth

How are you going to innovative when kids are at the frontier of new sounds and technology ?

Did you really just ask this ?

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
How are you going to innovative when kids are at the frontier of new sounds and technology ?

Did you really just ask this ?
Says you ...

Just one of many examples of why this is a bad generalization ...

Geriatric Rick Rubin re-imagining Yeezus ....