Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hip hop is youth culture....

Nothing but older generations moaning about the younger ones

As if their parents who listened to funk an mo town fukked with hip hop

Nothing original about regurgitating the same sh!t ya father thought about your music

Hip hop has evolved and these old cronies are mad it aint what they grew up on..

If you think it's trash just bump music from your era...

You gonna get at streaming because you had to queue for 2 days for a Wu album ?

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
another thread about how old people r behind the times and living in the past :flabbynsick: shocking

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

that's partly where they got y'all fukked up. Corporations defined it as youth culture. Aiming it at teens and tweens.

Hip hop was for anyone who fukked with it. You forget that college radio is one of the major things that built up hip hop. They weren't tweens. These were grown adults. Maybe not 40 and :flabbynsick: but certainly not Drake demo.

Now it's Drake demo.

That was my father's era, and the first hip hop I ever heard was through my father.

Like I said, the 'age' argument is not rock solid. Y'all can't hide behind it anymore.

SirBiatch

Daps
Video in a couple days huh? :mjlol:
It would take you a minute to upload a YouTube video of yourself. :francis:

A couple days will give Billy Homocean enough time to duck and you to :cape: We gotta agree on the terms before the video goes up.

$100? $200? @Billy Ocean how much you putting up? Let's get that on record before I expose you.

@mobbinfms are you gonna chip in for your broke ass boyfriend? :sas2:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps

Nothing original about regurgitating the same sh!t ya father thought about your music

Hip hop has evolved and these old cronies are mad it aint what they grew up on..

Some of that is true but only to a certain point. Today's "hip hop" music on the radio is objectively worse than 90s hip hop. It has nothing to do with old generations not giving new shyt a chance. shyt like Fetty Wap is disposable trash. There was a time when the biggest hip hop artists on the radio were GOATs like Nas and Biggie. Fetty Wap is not nor will EVER compare to those dudes.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
A couple days will give Billy Homocean enough time to duck and you to :cape: We gotta agree on the terms before the video goes up.

$100? $200? @Billy Ocean how much you putting up? Let's get that on record before I expose you.

@mobbinfms are you gonna chip in for your broke ass boyfriend? :sas2:

:heh: How you gonna expose me? Please tell me. Let's make it a buck. And why the wait for the video, f@ggot? And why you ducking the PMs? And any video your b!tch ass post gotta prove:

1. You black
2. You not some old ass 40 year old European b!tch

You can't do it. That's why it's gonna take you days to figure something out. When @Tall Israeli was running around calling me some old, white clown, it took me less than ten minutes to post a pic. You can't even do that. And we know why :russ:

Last edited:

SirBiatch

Daps
what kind've black man calls himself Biatch because nikkas on counterstrike called him one:dahell:

what kind of rapper calls his crew "bytchmob?"

A smart one.

I call myself SirBiatch because my comments tend to bring out the bytch in posters. always crying about stuff I've said. Negging. etc.

SirExposingTheBiatchInYoo is too clunky

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

As if 35 year old rappers are focusing on kids for the most part.

Plus how can it be youth culture when kids parents grew up on it???

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Everyone should spend more time on what they do like, whether it is Doug E Fresh or Future, than what they don't like.

Though I want to point out for the thousandth time that everything back in the day wasn't some deep, real wordsmithing that was lost in the sands of time like some fukking Egyptian treasure.

Man I wish Drake wouldn't rap about partying and drinking it's so played out. shyt was better when people were talking about over eating!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe, just maybe, they're keeping it real: Hip hop fell the fukk off.

I was at a bbq with an older crowd (:flabbynsick: I know) and we were dancing to shyt. This came on:

and this 50 year old sista was dancing/rhyming this shyt word for word. Having a ton of fun.

So we got to talk about hip hop. She thought the genre was trash now. I asked her when the genre fell off for her. And she said: around 2005.

If she really were :flabbynsick: and her opinion on hip hop should be ignored, she'd say some shyt like: "hip hop aint been shyt since the 1980s."

Why won't some of you see that hip hop, somewhere in the 2000s, became grooveless, mentally dull cac-friendly pop music? Heads and even non-heads who like to dance to hip hop dislike modern hip hop for very real and concrete reasons. And the 'age' argument is already getting played out, especially since it's clear that some :flabbynsick: cats are more up on the new shyt than the new kids.

:mjcry:

I finished college in 2005 and suddenly hip hop fell the fukk off. I thought it was just me :ohhh:

I feel bad for anyone who has to hit clubs and dance when today's shyt is playing. And we had R&B too, before it became wack techno autotune DJ Khaled-ised garbage.

Although I can't say I haven't enjoyed a few albums since 2005, namely Kanye's (pre 808's), American Gangster, Rick Ross and Kendrick's.

Hip hop :to:

I'd rather be :flabbynsick: and actually discover music I missed out on in the 90's than listen to today's feminised shyt.

Too much estrogen in today's hip hop.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
She probably has good musical taste. Anyone that's older than 25 knows that 2005 is when hip hop really started to fall off on a mainstream level. Yes there's still dope projects every year, but 2005 marks the year where mainstream hip hop you heard on the radio turned to shyt. G-Unit was basically the last real hip hop act we had that dominated the mainstream. Until Kendrick.

edit: And Jay-Z/Kanye stayed relevant every year of course.

What the fukk happened in 2005 though?

One minute I was listening to Common "Be" and Late Registration and then it was fukkin Laffy Taffy

:martin: