The Failed Debut Of ASUKA on the main roster

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
A talking point I’ve read about the match was that “Emma looked good and more competitive than I would have expected,” which means they aren’t talking about Asuka. For a debut it should’ve been a showcase for Asuka, not a 50/50 match. It’s a little premature making this two matches in, but I think it’s somewhat justified :manny:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Nakamura is not overrated. They just got him losing to put over Mahal and that's not filling up seats.
I believe you. I know its a total failure on "creative"
WWE/Vince's strength used to be creating intrigue through storylines. now its their biggest weakness

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Problem is everything that works in Full Sail may not work on the road. Eventually the IWC will learn that people in middle America need CHARACTER to be invested, not fake wrestling moves and New Japan fan boys starting chants at live events.
It's like we get it we know Asuka was in "competitive" matches in NXT, and she's still undefeated so you gotta get the casuals invested in her now. Not everyone watches NXT. She shouldn't be going the distance with the likes of Emma no matter how good a worker Emma is. Emma ain't done shyt the last few months, they've treated her like a joke lol. Once Asuka meets the likes of Bayley, Sasha, etc. then that's when we need them longer matches.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You COULD tell the story that Emma faced her from NXT so she was a tougher matchup for her than anyone else on the roster. But WWE doesn’t tell those kind of stories. What terrible booking

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Vince out here sabotaging nxt nikkas besides KO.

Kane beating Finn lmaoooooooooo

Asuka out here struggling with a Emma that ain't did shyt for 3 years on the main roster meanwhile they out here promoting asuka as some monster.

Bobby roode lost already in like a month in and gonna do a 2 out of 3 falls with ziggler next week.

Same dudes who in here calling op a neckbeard gonna be the first nikkas to make the flop thread like they discovered some news or shyt to have a fire thread with some easy daps. I know ur nikkas blue print.

Rip asuka :(

This

rabbitfood

Ancillary Character
Daps
Asuka also struggled with Emma in NXT both times they fought. The matches were just shy of 15 and 14 minutes respectively.

Heel Emma gets romanticized, but she wasn't doing anything of note at that time either. Her only notable wins were one against Bayley and a fluke pin in a Fatal Four Way before their first match in London.

She lost 3 of her next 4 matches (she beat a local talent) before her rematch against Asuka. Emma being trouble for Asuka is that continuity thing people complain about not getting.

We're getting Asuka exactly as her matches in NXT have always been laid out. She should've been given a local scrub and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
These marks want her to go undefeated on the main roster, defeating everyone in 1 minute. SMH.

If you can not see the fact this company is inept and the Ts actually did write a very good article about asuka debut's that will eventually and more than likely run and completely run true.

This company is inept on marketing run ad dollar purpose and we will all just be waiting for the ad dollar run to initiate their push.
When this company should be building draws that gather larger ad dollar packaging and not ad dollar after self draw defeating programs are created to neuter the drawing aspect to the core of said grappler. So they have no wiggle room as an actual independant contractor through burial disguised as parity and a rudimentary spread sheet understanding of acquiring marketing dollars as company revenue.

Art Barr

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
A talking point I’ve read about the match was that “Emma looked good and more competitive than I would have expected,” which means they aren’t talking about Asuka. For a debut it should’ve been a showcase for Asuka, not a 50/50 match. It’s a little premature making this two matches in, but I think it’s somewhat justified :manny:

Is true! We shouldn't be talking about how competitive Emma has been in 2 matches with Asuka especially after looking like a joke for months whether it's getting squashed by the female roster or getting buried by Graves on commentary because she complains on social media.

I'm not mad at OP even though I don't agree with it being a failure but I get it.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Asuka also struggled with Emma in NXT both times they fought. The matches were just shy of 15 and 14 minutes respectively.

Heel Emma gets romanticized, but she wasn't doing anything of note at that time either. Her only notable wins were one against Bayley and a fluke pin in a Fatal Four Way before their first match in London.

She lost 3 of her next 4 matches (she beat a local talent) before her rematch against Asuka. Emma being trouble for Asuka is that continuity thing people complain about not getting.

We're getting Asuka exactly as her matches in NXT have always been laid out. She should've been given a local scrub and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Emma on NXT during her heel run wasn't portrayed as a joke though. On the main roster she has. That's the difference!

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Problem is everything that works in Full Sail may not work on the road. Eventually the IWC will learn that people in middle America need CHARACTER to be invested, not fake wrestling moves and New Japan fan boys starting chants at live events.

Why does everyone always say this?

I'd agree if WWE actually did what worked in NXT.

Oh wait.... Bobby Roode being heel is something that would only work during NXT not on the main roster because everyone wants to cheer for him right?

rabbitfood

Ancillary Character
Daps
There's not much difference between the two periods.

Still a delusional conceited heel.

Still losing more matches than she wins.

Still winning by flukes or against people lower than her at the time when she does win.

She's not a comedy character so what exactly makes her a joke that didn't make her one during her previous bouts with Asuka?