The Failed Debut Of ASUKA on the main roster

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Problem is everything that works in Full Sail may not work on the road. Eventually the IWC will learn that people in middle America need CHARACTER to be invested, not fake wrestling moves and New Japan fan boys starting chants at live events.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Sorry to make a whole thread about this, but I'm really annoyed at this. It was one of the things I can say I've actually look forward to watching WWE programming for, and they've ruined it for me. I know alot of you have been speculating for months that they would just treat her as another wrestler. After they did a tremendous job hyping her on Raw, with GREAT video packages promoting her arrival, I was sure she was going to be booked the same as when she was first making her stamp on NXT.

EMMA
I have no problem with Emma, let's make that clear now. I think she is a decent hand, and she is versatile enough to be able to move up and down he card when needed. The problem I have, is they have known for known for at least a whole month, that they were debuting Asuka at TLC against Emma. Now, if you look at this match by itself, it was a good match imo, and fun to watch. Now, if you consider the fact that WWE was telling us Asuka is a beast, undefeated, and the women's lockerroom is on suicide watch.... This match was long as hell, with Emma initiating the majority of the offence. At the beginning of the match I was hyped as fukk, then as it kept going, I lost my hype, and buckled in to see who would edge out this COMPETITIVE match.

Now alot of you will say, the Raw women's roster isn't that big, they can't afford to just go out there and squash someone like they did in NXT. Okay, so why not pick an opponent that should mean something then? There was no face/heel storyline to this match, so it could literally be anyone, like say, SASHA BANKS. Or how about they just give EMMA one month of strong booking, to build her up to a formidable opponent, if the match is gonna be so competitive? She has been booked as the lowest tier on the roster, and randomly stole a victory the week prior to win this ASUKA debut match.

For reference, here is Asuka's NXT debut (this is a WWE re-upload where they edit in an obvious crowd reaction at one point, you'll hear it and laugh) against Dana Brooke. It was short, with Asuka taking 75 of the match, and when she does her entrance, you're hyped, and you stayed hyped the entire match, and you're sure Asuka is the female Mike Tyson by the time she wins.

And yet, her RAW TV debut was the same formula as the PPV, just shorter. By the time that match was over, as a casual fan, there's nothing special about Asuka, as a hardcore fan, I see they don't have anything special planned for her, so I'm also deflated in that aspect.

No matter which POV you look at it, Asuka's debut has been a massive failure, and this coming month will really tell if WWE knows how to throw away a BIG MONEY AURA on a talent.

Dude relax its been 2 fukking days, nothing can be deemed a failure yet, she came out to a big reaction and one her match, she will be fine, you dudes overreact to everything. give her 3-6 months then decide if they failed her.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
These marks want her to go undefeated on the main roster, defeating everyone in 1 minute. SMH.
It's weird because having just watched Asuka's collection on the network, she's had very few squash matches. Sure, she squashed jobbers like Liv Morgan and Santana Garrett, but whenever she faced someone they company was actually pushing, it was a competitive match. Nia Jax, Ember Moon, Nikki Cross, Ruby Riot, Bayley, the Iconic Duo, Dana Brooke, even fukking Eva Marie all looked strong against her. And of course, Emma.

Tbh, this is better than Asuka just killing everyone. She looks stronger because she beats all these strong competitors. People wanting her to just be untouchable are pining for something that never happened.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I agree OP, but everyone that follows NXT knew this would happen. I'm not shocked in the slightest. They won't even give Sasha a clear run on top and she's their best worker(and their only crossover star potentially).
annoying-fan.jpeg
Euro-continental champion:whoo:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Asuka won wrestled literally TWICE on da main roster n nikkaz complaining?!

Nak has pinned Cena, Orton, Kevin Owens (twice) clean, main evented Summerslam, nikkaz still complaining

Ya smarks never happy

Last edited:

Crimson_Dynamo

All Star
Daps
I love the smell of sweaty incel neckbeards in the morning. Smell like unnecessary anger and old njpw shirts.