The Failed Debut Of ASUKA on the main roster

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Asuka won wrestled literally TWICE on da main roster n nikkaz complaining?!

Nak has pinned Cena, Orton, Kevin Owens (twice) clean, main evented Summerslam, nikkaz still complaining

Ya smarks never happy
Nak my only gripe isn't really the booking if the matches, but that creative doesn't seem to know how to present his character. In Asuka's case I think they just assumed we'd forget all those months of Emma not being treated as a threat, it's too early to pass judgement on that one.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
How should it have been done differently? Can't rip it apart without proposing an alternative.

Throwing her into the title picture right away isn't the wave. No reason to have her destroy a "bigger name" since she'll need them on her resume as champion. Emma was a nice safe kill for Asuka.

Her not straight up buzzsawing Emma was the right call as she can get the "she's getting acclimated" pass. She can rip heads off going forward

People just wanted to SEE her in the arena. .. we treated her like and saw her as a legit star.

There's guys/gals in mma that come to the UFC as world reknown killers yet it still takes them a fight or two to be able to let that monster out of them on the "big stage"

Holly Holm looked AVERAGE as fukk her first two UFC fights in her 3rd fight she headkicked then unbeaten champion Ronda Rousey's fighting spirit out of her body.

Asuka is mid 30's sure but she has a style she can work for many good years, doesn't look old nor move old. ..no reason to rush, heat her up going into the Rumble and go from there.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
How should it have been done differently? Can't rip it apart without proposing an alternative.

Throwing her into the title picture right away isn't the wave. No reason to have her destroy a "bigger name" since she'll need them on her resume as champion. Emma was a nice safe kill for Asuka.

Her not straight up buzzsawing Emma was the right call as she can get the "she's getting acclimated" pass. She can rip heads off going forward

People just wanted to SEE her in the arena. .. we treated her like and saw her as a legit star.

There's guys/gals in mma that come to the UFC as world reknown killers yet it still takes them a fight or two to be able to let that monster out of them on the "big stage"

Holly Holm looked AVERAGE as fukk her first two UFC fights in her 3rd fight she headkicked then unbeaten champion Ronda Rousey's fighting spirit out of her body.

Asuka is mid 30's sure but she has a style she can work for many good years, doesn't look old nor move old. ..no reason to rush, heat her up going into the Rumble and go from there.
Her age means nothing because she's in much better condition than Micahels was at her age. Besides Becky, no one can go longer or harder than Kana.

Last edited:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
She's only 2 matches in and she went over both times (after 2 months of hype and vignettes)... not sure what the problem is. Yeah, it wasn't 30 second squash against Emma, but it seems like maybe they are trying to raise Emma's stock as well. The story I'm reading is that Asuka is STILL unstoppable and Emma has more fight in her than we ever thought. I don't see an issue here.

It's not like Asuka isn't taking that title off Alexa.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
People think Alexa is gonna hit her little snap DDT and beat her after she just got owned by Mickie. Don't think Cripple H is letting that kind of bullshyt happen.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think she was told to wrestle that way and it doesn't translate she's wrestling too slow and she's carrying the match

It's obvious she has the highest skill of all the women on Raw but she's probably not going to be going for the championship until February or even march

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I don't mind her going toe to toe with Emma as they've had good matches and a good feud on NXT, but it's just too funny that they had Emma basically be a joke for 3 months, pick up 2-3 cheap wins on random chicks, then have her battle it out with Asuka lol

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
We ain’t even got to her 2nd PPV and nikkas already throwing in the towel :mjlol:

There’s gonna be 2 spots left on the Raw Women’s Survivor Series Team (Sasha and Bayley are gonna be a given). I’m sure Asuka will get the final spot and go on to catch a few SD bodies in the match. If she’s lucky, she’ll be Sole Survivor

Question now is: who on SD women’s roster is gonna be willing to take those stiff kicks Asuka dishes out :jbhmm:

Last edited:

rabbitfood

Ancillary Character
Daps
I want to speak on this in more detail later but here's a fun fact:

Asuka's first match on tv after defeating Bayley for the NXT Women's Championship is a TEN MINUTE COMPETITIVE MATCH AGAINST EVA MARIE.

Sidebar: KANA wasn't squashing folks in Japan or Shimmer. Asuka has only squashed "local talent" and scrubs like Liv Morgan and Aliyah. She didn't even squash Cameron. Her matches with Emma in NXT are amongst her longest matches and Emma was also on offense most of the time.

Her being fusion dance prime Brock and Goldberg with a vagina is a narrative that fans created and ran with.

She's honestly being booked the same...however, they should have given her a local competitor for a sub 3 minute showcase of her spots for the new audience.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
I watched the ppv. all i knew of asuka was she was supposed to be this unbeatable monster. at least that was the feeling i got from reading about her and seeing clips from nxt. she should have squashed emma :manny:

vince/wwe just don't have it anymore. before nakamura came to the wwe, I thought he was supposed to be this charismatic superstar, on smackdown he's just meh.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I think OP is overeacting a small bit...BUT they did act like it was gonna be a squash and Asuka was a monster.

I mean you lowkey dump on nxt when u talk about how someone is a dominant champ there....then they grt taken to the limit by scrubs on the main roster

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I think OP is overeacting a small bit...BUT they did act like it was gonna be a squash and Asuka was a monster.

I mean you lowkey dump on nxt when u talk about how someone is a dominant champ there....then they grt taken to the limit by scrubs on the main roster
Just listen to Booker T at TLC..wtf was that clown shyt about? Nygga was acting like Emma was the feature talent..she's been treated like a clown for months. Lol. Getting crushed by Sasha and Nia weekly.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I watched the ppv. all i knew of asuka was she was supposed to be this unbeatable monster. at least that was the feeling i got from reading about her and seeing clips from nxt. she should have squashed emma :manny:

vince/wwe just don't have it anymore. before nakamura came to the wwe, I thought he was supposed to be this charismatic superstar, on smackdown he's just meh.
Nakamura is not overrated. They just got him losing to put over Mahal and that's not filling up seats.

Last edited: