The Evil Within - Official Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yeah, the review posted with dude shytting on the game is complete BS, even though he is correct about some of the things he mentioned, the review makes it seem more serious than it actually is. The game is dope, point blank period. I hate when a reviewer gives something a negative opinion because its either too hard or the game did not explain something, dude is most likely used to this new age linear ass shyt that shows you where to go and tells you what to do, I love not knowing where to go with having a lot of doors to explore :yeshrug:.

With that being said, Alien Isolation > TEW EASILY, as far as being a horror game. With AI, its not just jump scares, you are literally scared to move at times and thats something I have yet to encounter with a game. The Evil Within is more similar to the classic Resident Evil gamees than RE4 and up (which is a good thing, nikkas like 4 but I hated that linear action shyt, that was the beginning of the end). With TEW, there is no map, AT ALL. It tells you absolutely nothing about where you need to go and what you need to do. Although combat is important, the ammo is scarce and most times using traps or fire is a better option than trying to buck everything. This is an action/horror though, there is too much going on to really create a tense enviroment and most players will go from point to point without worrying about whats around the corner.

As I said before, dont listen to that reviewer, dude just wants some easy shyt with lots of guidance, this is not that, you will die a lot. Its a dope ass game with a few aggravating technical issues. Its more like the beginning of RE than the most recent ones, but it still has a lot of action that does not take away from the fun. Yall should definitely cop this shyt, you will enjoy. Duces
Yea..i figured the reviewer was a bytch ass young nikka whose used to these new types of games..these kids dont know what survival horror is...

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm in between jobs this week and money is tight, I need this shyt though :damn:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Doesn't look that special to me. It's just a bootleg Silent Hill. I agree with the mainstream reviews :yeshrug:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't look that special to me. It's just a bootleg Silent Hill. I agree with the mainstream reviews :yeshrug:
To each his own, I think a lot of us are just happy that a good looking meat and potatoes survival horror game is back, it's been awhile. Consider the fact that both the Silent Hill and RE franchises had major games come out last year and yet even still, the survival horror genre has been dead for some time now. This, A:I, Silent Hills and a new RE got my attention piqued again for whatever reason. Call it insurmountable RE6 backlash or whatever but for survival horror fans, it feels like when Jay woke Nas out of his Nastradamus coma :ahh:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
the part where you in the woods and you approach dude getting his feast on and turns at you looked like a nod to the first resident evil imo
how the zombie turned and looked at you and shyt
this shyt creepy as hell
feeling it so far

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just copped, i am about to play, the packaging is impressive, even has old school instructions packed in.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
What do u mean u cant be killed ?

Nah, you can be killed.
The Alien can't.
The only thing that harms it is fire, and even then it just runs away for a half a minute to regroup but comes back looking for you even more pissed off.