The Evil Within - Official Thread

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm enjoying it so far. Playing on survivor difficulty on pc

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
alien isolation ?? that shyt looks wack as fukk i bet that shyt aint scary

It's one of the best survival horror games in years and at least worth a rental if you're unsure, imo.
It's getting good to great reviews but it's polarizing because most gamers want to feel in control and powerful.
Isolation pretty much makes you the prey, and the predator hunting you can't be killed and is completely unpredictable, and that's what stresses you tf out.
Yet to have an experience this gen that topped the feeling I got when I hid and saw the Alien pause 4 feet from me for about 15 seconds to study the locker I was in before grudgingly deciding to move on to the next room.
:whew:
It's more thrilling & tense than anything.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
If the positive impressions keep up will cop when I get back from vacation

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yea its getting mixed reviews. IGN basically said it had the same spirit as RE4 but with flaws such as and unfocused story and the typical boring cac protagonist.
It was between this and Alien Isolation for me and I guess imma rock with Alien...and its not about reviews..its just Alien seems more like the horror game I wanna play right now..

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
Can anyone confirm framedrops on the X1? PS4 seems to struggle :patrice: Whats the resolution btw

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
It's one of the best survival horror games in years and at least worth a rental if you're unsure, imo.
It's getting good to great reviews but it's polarizing because most gamers want to feel in control and powerful.
Isolation pretty much makes you the prey, and the predator hunting you can't be killed and is completely unpredictable, and that's what stresses you tf out.
Yet to have an experience this gen that topped the feeling I got when I hid and saw the Alien pause 4 feet from me for about 15 seconds to study the locker I was in before grudgingly deciding to move on to the next room.
:whew:
It's more thrilling & tense than anything.
What do u mean u cant be killed ?

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
Just copped :blessed:X1 :salute:
Even got the soundtrack and shyt with the normal version :smugdraper:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:patrice:Can we get some coli reviews. Is it worth the purchase? Is it fukking with the RE franchise?

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Yea its getting mixed reviews. IGN basically said it had the same spirit as RE4 but with flaws such as and unfocused story and the typical boring cac protagonist.
Yeah, the review posted with dude shytting on the game is complete BS, even though he is correct about some of the things he mentioned, the review makes it seem more serious than it actually is. The game is dope, point blank period. I hate when a reviewer gives something a negative opinion because its either too hard or the game did not explain something, dude is most likely used to this new age linear ass shyt that shows you where to go and tells you what to do, I love not knowing where to go with having a lot of doors to explore :yeshrug:.

With that being said, Alien Isolation > TEW EASILY, as far as being a horror game. With AI, its not just jump scares, you are literally scared to move at times and thats something I have yet to encounter with a game. The Evil Within is more similar to the classic Resident Evil gamees than RE4 and up (which is a good thing, nikkas like 4 but I hated that linear action shyt, that was the beginning of the end). With TEW, there is no map, AT ALL. It tells you absolutely nothing about where you need to go and what you need to do. Although combat is important, the ammo is scarce and most times using traps or fire is a better option than trying to buck everything. This is an action/horror though, there is too much going on to really create a tense enviroment and most players will go from point to point without worrying about whats around the corner.

As I said before, dont listen to that reviewer, dude just wants some easy shyt with lots of guidance, this is not that, you will die a lot. Its a dope ass game with a few aggravating technical issues. Its more like the beginning of RE than the most recent ones, but it still has a lot of action that does not take away from the fun. Yall should definitely cop this shyt, you will enjoy. Duces

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Yeah, the review posted with dude shytting on the game is complete BS, even though he is correct about some of the things he mentioned, the review makes it seem more serious than it actually is. The game is dope, point blank period. I hate when a reviewer gives something a negative opinion because its either too hard or the game did not explain something, dude is most likely used to this new age linear ass shyt that shows you where to go and tells you what to do, I love not knowing where to go with having a lot of doors to explore :yeshrug:.

With that being said, Alien Isolation > TEW EASILY, as far as being a horror game. With AI, its not just jump scares, you are literally scared to move at times and thats something I have yet to encounter with a game. The Evil Within is more similar to the classic Resident Evil gamees than RE4 and up (which is a good thing, nikkas like 4 but I hated that linear action shyt, that was the beginning of the end). With TEW, there is no map, AT ALL. It tells you absolutely nothing about where you need to go and what you need to do. Although combat is important, the ammo is scarce and most times using traps or fire is a better option than trying to buck everything. This is an action/horror though, there is too much going on to really create a tense enviroment and most players will go from point to point without worrying about whats around the corner.

As I said before, dont listen to that reviewer, dude just wants some easy shyt with lots of guidance, this is not that, you will die a lot. Its a dope ass game with a few aggravating technical issues. Its more like the beginning of RE than the most recent ones, but it still has a lot of action that does not take away from the fun. Yall should definitely cop this shyt, you will enjoy. Duces
:salute:Thanks for taking the time to share breh.