The Evil Within - Official Thread

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
P
reviews are mixed so far

:lupe:

They complain when games are linear and bitxh about wanting survival horrr like the old days then bytch when the game doesn't spoon feed you. Resident evil 1 was not scary like that. It was just eerie. The definition of survival horror has changed from horror action to helpless.

This new age of devs are conditioning players to be cowards.

When i hear something go bump in the night my wife and u get up like.

Click Clack

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Nah, you can be killed.
The Alien can't.
The only thing that harms it is fire, and even then it just runs away for a half a minute to regroup but comes back looking for you even more pissed off.
Lmao at the "even more pissed", thats real shyt, the nikka actually tries harder to find you if you hurt it at all. I aint know it could not die at first, I had threw a noisemaker close to one of those explosive cans and waited on it to show up, I shot it (from a distance) and hit the corner as it blew up. Im thinking the alien would be laid out when I went back around :beli:, im looking for proof of death, bout 20 seconds later this nikka arm was thru my chest :beli:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Lmao at the "even more pissed", thats real shyt, the nikka actually tries harder to find you if you hurt it at all. I aint know it could not die at first, I had threw a noisemaker close to one of those explosive cans and waited on it to show up, I shot it (from a distance) and hit the corner as it blew up. Im thinking the alien would be laid out when I went back around :beli:, im looking for proof of death, bout 20 seconds later this nikka arm was thru my chest :beli:
Ya'll talking about The Evil Within or Alien Isolation?

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
P

They complain when games are linear and bitxh about wanting survival horrr like the old days then bytch when the game doesn't spoon feed you. Resident evil 1 was not scary like that. It was just eerie. The definition of survival horror has changed from horror action to helpless.

This new age of devs are conditioning players to be cowards.

When i hear something go bump in the night my wife and u get up like.

Click Clack
This is the shyt I dont understand nowadays. They cant make their fukkin mind up, there has not been a creepy game in years since RE, Silent Hill, Dino Crisis, ect. Resident Evil fukked everything up when they released RE4 (as I said, I hated that shyt although fans loved it, it was the beginning of the end for me). After it was a success, the horror genre decided to eliminate back tracking, puzzles, randomness, lack of map/directional help, ect and they added action, cover systems (who the fukk needs a cover system from monsters/zombies :what:) maps that tell you EXACTLY where to go and what to do, ect. None of those games should be considered horror games, the biggest part of horror (movies and games) is making the main character feel helpless and both Alien Isolation and The Evil Within does a great job of getting this right, and in 2 completely different ways.

These dumb ass reviewers dont know what the fukk they want, and honestly, I dont think most of these dudes were old enough to play any of the classics that were released when I was a kid. I was not even old enough to know how to play RE1 when it dropped, me and my bro used to watch my big cuz play it when we spent the night at his crib, we were addicted from that point on. My daughter will be 6 on Nov 2nd, she has loved watching me play Alien Isolation even though it scares the shyt out of her lol (run daddy run, hide daddy hide :youngsabo:). Its similar to the feeling I got as a youngin watching my cuz play RE1.

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
20141014_205251.jpg

:banderas:

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
Eh cmon. Dead Space 1 and 2 were the best thing till now and I even fukks with 3

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
1 was great fasho, but they followed RE to making it an action game by the time 2 came out. 1 is mos def up there though, I just get more of a fukked up feeling from these 2 than Dead Space.
Part 1 was an action game. It had a lot of action. :mindblown: there was just more action in 2 and 3. Natural evolution. Yall acting like you were really scavenging trying to just survive in dead space. Did you beat the game or just skim through it.. dead space 2 was traumatizing it was so brutal

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Part 1 was an action game. It had a lot of action. :mindblown: there was just more action in 2 and 3. Natural evolution. Yall acting like you were really scavenging trying to just survive in dead space. Did you beat the game or just skim through it
I beat all 3 of them :yeshrug:......... And you are right, it was an ACTION game from the jump, the shyt was not creepy/scary really ever, but it was fun as hell. So as far as this topic, AI and TEW shyts on Dead Space for the horror genre :yeshrug:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I beat all 3 of them :yeshrug:......... And you are right, it was an ACTION game from the jump, the shyt was not creepy/scary really ever, but it was fun as hell. So as far as this topic, AI and TEW shyts on Dead Space for the horror genre :yeshrug:
As games you're sayin aI and tew shyt on dead space as a series a game and an experience? Warren you gonna have alot of explaining to do when i crush these games into the ground and they're not flames

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I'll cop this. I'm about to sell the Vita for this and Bayonetta 2.

Edit: Nope. Can't trade in Vita cuz sticker is missing.

Last edited: