The End Is Near: The Leftovers season 3 thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
What a beautiful finale brehs.:mjcry:

I've never been hung up on getting answers in this show since Season 1 episode 1. We don't get answers about shyt in real life, let alone a fictional world where 2% of the world's population suddenly disappears. Do I believe Nora? I don't know what to believe. I know I want to believe she got some closure whether in this world or another. They picked the perfect song for the series finale. Stop asking questions, let the mystery be my nikkas:blessed:

Can't front, that final scene had a breh's allergies acting up. Those might have been the most genuine smiles those two have had on their faces since the day of the departure:mjcry:

Imma miss this show so much
9aocv7.jpg

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
The departure is a metaphor for 911

Anyways I'm lukewarm on the finale.

They did manage to do a lot in 3 seasons.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Can't believe I stayed up till 3 finishing this bullshyt ass series. shyt was promising in season two but this season was straight garbage towards the end especially the finale. Never watching another one of these nikkas shows ever again. fakkit just ignored everyone else's story to concentrate on bytch ass Nora. fukk that hoe

:hhh:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Can't believe I stayed up till 3 finishing this bullshyt ass series. shyt was promising in season two but this season was straight garbage towards the end especially the finale. Never watching another one of these nikkas shows ever again. fakkit just ignored everyone else's story to concentrate on bytch ass Nora. fukk that hoe

:hhh:
Shut the fukk up with your over reaction. The coli brings out the worse of the worse people looking to get daps for being different. You stayed up till 3 to watch a show you thought was bullshyt? Is it one mic or ochie Wally?

Daps
The last episode helped to understand the series was about those essentially left behind and the coping mechanisms they developed. But the way they did nothing to answer the mindfukks the show provided with insiniations of purpose is some real bullshyt....watching it like sooooooo you just not go touch on anything about Kevin dying 4 times ....or the dogs...or the Patty visions...or the Lake draining...none of that? :what:.....why did you show it for 3 fukking seasons then
Did you seriously think Lindelof was going to provide explanations about anything? Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
reading the Q&As, Laurie was dead until Lindeloff actually saw the episode and didn't believe that her killing herself was deserved so he changed it
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Why anybody takes this dude seriously I'll never know.

Daps
Just made it to this part of the thread.

Why you in here lying, man?
:usure:

You know damn well you are captivated by this shyt. You are still watching it just like you have been since S1

Gotta keep up the charade though, I see:mjgrin:

Just take the L quietly. Its over.
Rectify went out like a fart in the wind because the characters were not intetesting. This show is Rectify with great characters. Embrace it.

(Embrace it publicly, that is. I know you got that DVR set privately)

:picard:

Lindelof wishes he could capture the human condition like Rectify does, even for just a moment. Instead he marginalizes what man goes through with some Scooby-Doo ass cutting room floor mysteries [deus ex machina in tow], tacky gimmicks, and a make-it-up-as-we-go-along TL as a ruse to come off as if he's exploring the depths and uncertainty of life.

The acting holds this show afloat, without it it'd sink to the shallow floor of the ocean of his smart-dumbness.

@Adam3000

I won. It's over. :wow:

Daps
You can't be serious. Your L is the size of the empire state building

Biggest L in Coli history

You probably deserve to be Bushed out of principle
You're trying too hard.

You went from being "disappointed" to needing a "long walk" to drown yourself back in the self-deception that what you were watching wasn't the same melancholic posturing it's always been. The jig is up.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
You're trying too hard.

You went from being "disappointed" to needing a "long walk" to drown yourself back in the self-deception that what you were watching wasn't the same melancholic posturing it's always been. The jig is up.
Perhaps if they gave us "surface level" emotions I might have liked it instantly:mjgrin:

But nah, I had to marinate on it.

So basically, all that bullshyt you have beem spewing was proven false by my own evolution.

Deep show:wow:

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
S2>>>>>>>>>>>> S3

Pretty meh finale if you ask me. They went from embracing the supernatural in S2 to running away from it, in favor of ambiguity this season. The Kevin/Nora thing is cute and all but the series has been about much more than that arc. To have your final episode focus on that..:francis:

I'm left pretty unsatisfied.

Daps
Perhaps if they gave us "surface level" emotions I might have liked it instantly:mjgrin:

But nah, I had to marinate on it.

So basically, all that bullshyt you have beem spewing was proven false by my own evolution.

Deep show:wow:
That's funny, because the consensus in this thread after the series finale is made up of anger and disappointment at all the things I saw coming from a mile away. These games we don't need to play any longer.

:mjgrin:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I liked it. Something about seeing them so much older made me :to:

I do wish they had done more with the season long flood plotline rather than just those 2 characters.

As someone else said the show was much bigger than those two.

But I like how it answered some questions and I was engaged
When Kevin and Nora spotted each other at that wedding all the way up until they were face to face....something about that scene gave me goosebumps. :wow:

I don't know if it was the music that was playing or if it was seeing the two claw their way back into each others lives, but that whole scene made me go "Oh shyt, this is really the end." :mjcry: and I wanted it to never stop.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
That's funny, because the consensus in this thread after the series finale is made up of anger and disappointment at all the things I saw coming from a mile away. These games we don't need to play any longer.

:mjgrin:

Consensus?
:laff:

Check the critics

We won

Lemme know when a group shows up at the Sundance offices with coffee up their a$$holes begging for more Rectify, like the white clothes group did to HBO