The End Is Near: The Leftovers season 3 thread

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Recently started this show like within the last couple weeks. Thin I'm midway thru season 3. It is pretty good, though I wish they had fleshed out stuff about the GR more. As big of a part as they are in S1, there are still a ton of questions left unanswered (unless they get answered later in S3?)

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
Found out about this show from the Watchmen thread.

I never watched Lost, but I’m loving Watchmen.

Binged this over the last week.

Loved reading through the threads each season, the show was amazing, showcased excellent acting and characters. Only pissed me off a couple times.

The soundtrack is straight fuego :ohlawd:

9.5/10, only cause I didn’t get many laughs, a 10 for me gotta give me some laughs too.

It was comedy reading through the season threads and seeing people hating on the show and yet they kept watching and eventually switched up :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
It was comedy reading through the season threads and seeing people hating on the show and yet they kept watching and eventually switched up :pachaha:

I only hated on it before it started (because of Lindelof)

Once I saw the first episodes it was clearly a great show

It had everything that Lost had that I loved without the promises that Lost made and failed to deliver

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
I only hated on it before it started (because of Lindelof)

Once I saw the first episodes it was clearly a great show

It had everything that Lost had that I loved without the promises that Lost made and failed to deliver

So I shouldn’t watch Lost? :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
So I shouldn’t watch Lost? :lupe:
Lost was the greatest show I ever watched while it was still running, but we were constantly assured that everything would tie together in the end and it all would make sense.

Instead, we got a final season that made it clear that the writers were just making shyt up as they went along without a purpose. Retroactively ruined the entire series.

That being said, it is probably an awesome show to binge watch. Since you aren't going to invest years into it, you won't have that sense of betrayal that we had. It is still an interesting show with great characters and an intriguing mystery.

I also happened to love the ending. Not the final season as a whole, but the actual ending scenes. They really affected me emotionally because I was so invested in the characters alongside the island/mythology

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Finally finished, been dapping posts up as I went and overall I thoroughly enjoyed the show, even slow ass season 1

Some great acting on the show and overall I’m satisfied despite some things never being brought up again. I love those Kevin hotel episodes (International Assassin was my favorite) and I really enjoyed all the Matt episodes

Season 2 was perfect for me:wow:

life is like that, we don’t have all the answers and we just have to live with it :yeshrug:

I will say, I wanted the finale to show the other characters some more, but I get they wanted to focus on Kevin and Nora, but it was still a bit weak to me

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
If Nora's story is true(which I think it is) then the people in the world she went to are living in a place where 98% of the world's population disappeared. From what she said, the two worlds are the exact same (planes but no pilots) except for the populations. That's like Walking Dead population levels just without zombies trying to eat you.

Just watched this whole series so apologies for the late bump. I believe Nora. But I feel the writers left it open ended so they didn’t have to explain all the issues that would occur in a world with only 3% of the population. Why tf would Nora’s family be in the same crib? This is a world where everyone could upgrade to a mansion easily. Is Laurie’s fetus somewhere on the sidewalk rotting away? Etc.

On the same note just because there are plot holes doesn’t make me think she’s lying. There’s all kind of far-fetched shyt that happens in the normal Leftovers universe. This nikka Kevin drowning and coming back to life all the time like it’s nothing is :comeon:

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
The last episode helped to understand the series was about those essentially left behind and the coping mechanisms they developed. But the way they did nothing to answer the mindfukks the show provided with insiniations of purpose is some real bullshyt....watching it like sooooooo you just not go touch on anything about Kevin dying 4 times ....or the dogs...or the Patty visions...or the Lake draining...none of that? :what:.....why did you show it for 3 fukking seasons then

Don't forget the fact that they never explained why Evie decided to join the guilty remnant in the first place. Smh

Also if she was lying than it diminishes the whole love angle between her and kevin cuz she just decided to forget about dude after all those years and only winded up getting back with him because he chased her. I never saw Lost but I can't see myself watching another Lindelof show if they gonna cock tease storylines and leave all these loose ends. They wrote this last season like the only storyline that mattered was Kevin and Nora's relationship.

You nikkas got played....all the dreams...the Kevin dying....Matts bullshyt...Eddide Winslow....the folks kn white......the dude that knocked up the asian girls.....it was all pointless filler..:wow:

Finally got around to watching this series.
These posts sum it up pretty nicely.
This is Lost with better acting and sadder music.
Its always going to be easier to ask questions and not provide answers, and then let the audience who puts more thought into the show than the writers fill in the blanks with whatever they want and then argue about it.
Its a classic tactic, and as soon as I saw Lindelof's name on this, I knew what time it was.
:russ:.
Its worth watching for the pure randomness and fukkery, but not worth getting worked up over.
Gonna check out some of the other shows mentioned in this thread.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched this whole series so apologies for the late bump. I believe Nora. But I feel the writers left it open ended so they didn’t have to explain all the issues that would occur in a world with only 3% of the population. Why tf would Nora’s family be in the same crib? This is a world where everyone could upgrade to a mansion easily. Is Laurie’s fetus somewhere on the sidewalk rotting away? Etc.

On the same note just because there are plot holes doesn’t make me think she’s lying. There’s all kind of far-fetched shyt that happens in the normal Leftovers universe. This nikka Kevin drowning and coming back to life all the time like it’s nothing is :comeon:
Amazing show just binged. I think it's pretty evident she was lying IMO plotholes aside. In the earlier seasons her boss calls her out for lying or intentionally influencing question 121 of the interview questions because every answer was yes. Which was "do you think the departed are in a better place?" That it was statistically impossible given the overall data from the numbers they had. Her "trip" to the other dimension coincidently ends up with her kids being in a much better place and not needing her. Im pretty sure the machine was just an elaborate suicide machine and she deep down knew it. Which why she was too embarrassed to show face after she backed out last second and went into exile. The guy in the desert committing suicide after rejected also hints to that. trip would cost a lot more than 20 racks and wouldn't have washed up C list actors pushing it. The nun in the finale also saying “ it’s just the better story” about her lie was also a clue. That was the better story she could live in peace with. Kevin knew she was lying but was just happy to be with her and her being done with the self pity and depression and false hope of being reconnected with her kids

Last edited:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Super late but just binged this over the last week. Been meaning to watch it for a while but after hearing all the comparisons to station 11 I though I’d give it a try and it pulled me in. I think the 2nd season is the best. I wasn’t necessarily mad about the finale but it wasn’t quite as satisfying as I hoped. Last season only had 8 episodes so part of me wished they’d spent the last 2 episodes letting us know what happened to some of the other characters. They spent full episodes on other characters at times during the series so to not get anything about some of them left me feeling a little cheated but I can under stand why leaving with Kevin and Nora seemed like a good place to end it. Good show, I’d give it 8.5/10