The End Is Near: The Leftovers season 3 thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
LOST answered a shytload of questions,people just didn't like the answers

This show completely ignored several characters and storylines from previous seasons

To me this show is much more disappointing than LOST
I never saw Lost before but I agree about this show
Id like to think I be paying close attention when Im watching something
But I dont know what the hell was happening.
:francis:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I liked it. Something about seeing them so much older made me :to:

I do wish they had done more with the season long flood plotline rather than just those 2 characters.

As someone else said the show was much bigger than those two.

But I like how it answered some questions and I was engaged

Oville

Pro
Daps
I binged this show recently before coming into this season so maybe some things were a bit more fresh in my head than those of you who waited a couple years for this season to come out but I can't possibly see how some of you can't be bothered by some of these unanswered questions. The scene at the end of season 2 when Evie cryptically tells her mother that "she knows" why she's doing what she's doing was such a great and cryptic cliff hanger. To have her just bombed in the first scene of the first episode and not elaborate on what led her to abandon her family is such a waste. This season really felt like a bunch of abstract nothingness.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Same shyt, If it's just 3% of the world left, then finding the people to make that machine would be damn near impossible. Also, look at my other points and read the article. This is the ending of Inception all over again. It's meant to be left up in the air, but the top obviously stopped spinning. If you believe Nora's story, your basically one of the people who believed Tom's hugs worked. Which is fine, but that also was the point of the show. Do you believe what people say if it makes you feel better.

They clearly said the dude that made the machine went first and she found him and asked him to rebuild it.....before you start throwing insults get your shyt right

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I binged this show recently before coming into this season so maybe some things were a bit more fresh in my head than those of you who waited a couple years for this season to come out but I can't possibly see how some of you can't be bothered by some of these unanswered questions. The scene at the end of season 2 when Evie cryptically tells her mother that "she knows" why she's doing what she's doing was such a great and cryptic cliff hanger. To have her just bombed in the first scene of the first episode and not elaborate on what led her to abandon her family is such a waste. This season really felt like a bunch of abstract nothingness.

Her mother was going to leave her family. She wasnt happy...nobody in the family was....

Oville

Pro
Daps
Her mother was going to leave her family. She wasnt happy...nobody in the family was....

The show gave no indication that the kids knew that this was going to happen. The show also doesn't elaborate on what were the major issues that caused the strain in the family. Also no clear answers regarding Virgil's background. The season spent time giving individual episodes to people who were in the original first season at the expense of stretching out more of the unresolved issues from the second season. The Murphy family was treated insignificantly in this third season after all the interesting storylines they had building up within the family the previous season.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
They clearly said the dude that made the machine went first and she found him and asked him to rebuild it.....before you start throwing insults get your shyt right
:camby:You can be the idiot that believes the creator of the machine created another machine (with minimal resources and man power) all because Nora (with no money or knowledge of who this man is) "asked" him. LMAO. Okay buddy.

:umad:She lied.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
The show gave no indication that the kids knew that this was going to happen. The show also doesn't elaborate on what were the major issues that caused the strain in the family. Also no clear answers regarding Virgil's background. The season spent time giving individual episodes to people who were in the original first season at the expense of stretching out more of the unresolved issues from the second season. The Murphy family was treated insignificantly in this third season after all the interesting storylines they had building up within the family the previous season.

Not quite they gave hints and clues that they were not quite the happy family they pretended to be from day one. Evie was able to do what her mother wasnt...leave and disappear without a care....thats what the bridge scene was all about...That storyline was not that big of a mystery imo.

I want to know about his dog killing friend..all the visions him and his father had...and how a pregnant woman woke up pregnant with chiild...they kept it with a biblical undertone the whole show...just to chalk it up to some wierd science shyt

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
:camby:You can be the idiot that believes the creator of the machine created another machine (with minimal resources and man power) all because Nora (with no money or knowledge of who this man is) "asked" him. LMAO. Okay buddy.

:umad:She lied.

:hhh:...are you debating a plot line that was clearly explained to you and further more that you wouldnt even know about had it not been introduced? Go outside breh..

This nerdy lame b*stard negged me.....:scust:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Also never answered what happened with Virgil and what was the major sin he committed that caused his son in law to shoot him and get disowned by his family smh.

About 90% sure he touched on John when he was younger. They never said for sure but how they talked about it made it seem like that's the most reasonable conclusion.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
:hhh:...are you debating a plot line that was clearly explained to you and further more that you wouldnt even know about had it not been introduced? Go outside breh..
:stopitslime:Explained doesn't mean shyt dumbass. She made up that story. Have you even been watching this show? People been making up stories all throughout. Was Holy Wayne the real deal? No. Was Tom's hugs real? No. David said he was God. Is he? No. Matt called Kevin a Messiah. He's not since he now has a pacemaker. Evie got hit with the drone and they still have explanations of why she didn't die. Everone was tryna explain shyt to make them feel better, but that never made those explanations real. Look at Miracle. That place wasn't really a miracle, which was proven by Evie and the GR. Explanations don't mean shyt in this show. lmao. Go watch it again.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
:stopitslime:Explained doesn't mean shyt dumbass. She made up that story. Have you even been watching this show? People been making up stories all throughout. Was Holy Wayne the real deal? No. Was Tom's hugs real? No. David said he was God. Is he? No. Matt called Kevin a Messiah. He's not since he now has a pacemaker. Evie got hit with the drone and they still have explanations of why she didn't die. Everone was tryna explain shyt to make them feel better, but that never made those explanations real. Look at Miracle. That place wasn't really a miracle, which was proven by Evie and the GR. Explanations don't mean shyt in this show. lmao. Go watch it again.

Breh you a idiot...the show is up for interpretation... unless you actually wrote the book and or show script sit yo dumb angry ass down somewhere and stop giving your opinion as fact...

Oville

Pro
Daps
About 90% sure he touched on John when he was younger. They never said for sure but how they talked about it made it seem like that's the most reasonable conclusion.

I remember they made it seem like he may touched Michael but then Michael still continued to have a relationship. This season reminds me of the last season of Boardwalk Empire where they decided they were wrapping things up and tried to rush so many things. Problem was in the case of this show, the cast and world felt so much bigger. I'm not even as mad about the lack of elaboration on the nature of the universe that they live in as I am about the personal relationships with other characters that they didn't explore.