The End Is Near: The Leftovers season 3 thread

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
The last episode helped to understand the series was about those essentially left behind and the coping mechanisms they developed. But the way they did nothing to answer the mindfukks the show provided with insiniations of purpose is some real bullshyt....watching it like sooooooo you just not go touch on anything about Kevin dying 4 times ....or the dogs...or the Patty visions...or the Lake draining...none of that? :what:.....why did you show it for 3 fukking seasons then

Oville

Pro
Daps
The last episode helped to understand the series was about those essentially left behind and the coping mechanisms they developed. But the way they did nothing to answer the mindfukks the show provided with insiniations of purpose is some real bullshyt....watching it like sooooooo you just not go touch on anything about Kevin dying 4 times ....or the dogs...or the Patty visions...or the Lake draining...none of that? :what:.....why did you show it for 3 fukking seasons then

Don't forget the fact that they never explained why Evie decided to join the guilty remnant in the first place. Smh

Oville

Pro
Daps
Also if she was lying than it diminishes the whole love angle between her and kevin cuz she just decided to forget about dude after all those years and only winded up getting back with him because he chased her. I never saw Lost but I can't see myself watching another Lindelof show if they gonna cock tease storylines and leave all these loose ends. They wrote this last season like the only storyline that mattered was Kevin and Nora's relationship.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Kind of dissapointed in the finale, but whatever. Need to process it for a bit I guess. It just wasnt as powerful as I hoped

My gut says that she is lying and actually aborted the experiment, but I dont know what to think yet

Oville

Pro
Daps
Also never answered what happened with Virgil and what was the major sin he committed that caused his son in law to shoot him and get disowned by his family smh.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Also if she was lying than it diminishes the whole love angle between her and kevin cuz she just decided to forget about dude after all those years and only winded up getting back with him because he chased her. I never saw Lost but I can't see myself watching another Lindelof show if they gonna cock tease storylines and leave all these loose ends. They wrote this last season like the only storyline that mattered was Kevin and Nora's relationship.
Lindelof strikes again. I haven't seen one episode of this show but the bolded describes him to a T. Imagine him doing this shyt and leading you on for 5 years with Lost and not answering hardly any questions at all. My pressure getting high just thinking about it.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Nora clearly screamed for them to stop when she was in the tank. people think it was her last breath. don't think so. whether that means she lied or not, no idea... but that wasn't very impactful. i didn't expect it to be as the show almost never was and we were probably never getting a real answer on the departures. i like the story she conjured up i guess. masterful acting on this show, but I'll forget about it next week.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't exactly what I was expecting but the more I think about it the more it really works. I need to read some theories and work out what happened. It was emotionally satisfying though.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
You can, like with organized religion itself, choose to believe or to be a skeptic about the tale Nora spins for Kevin — I started out believing her, then found myself interrogating the story — but it doesn’t really matter. In the end, you fill in the two most important blanks in this particular Matt Lib the same way: Nora declined a chance to reunite with her family (whether abstract and infinitesimal or right in front of her face), and she felt such self-loathing over that choice, and the mess she had made of things with Kevin, that she opted for a life sentence out in the middle of nowhere, caring for her birds, occasionally calling Laurie — who is very much not dead — for emotional support, and otherwise just trying to get through each day the same way she did for the seven years between when her family vanished and when she sat naked in the LADR chamber: grieving all she has lost, but unable or unwilling to fully articulate that loss to a world that can’t quite appreciate it

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Damon Lindelof on Balancing Mystery and Closure in 'The Leftovers' Finale

Some reasons why it should be obvious Nora was lying:

-If the parallel world has little to no technology, then it would be impossible for the creator to build a new machine there to take her back.
-Wouldn't more people want to come back if the parallel world was basically a ghost town. And wouldn't they tell people their story when they came back of where all the departed went.
-Dead babies and baby fetuses would be scattered all over the parallel world.
-Nora has lied throughout the series for different reasons. She's a known liar.
-Lindelof says the whole series was about peoples emotions and reactions to the departure and the stories/lies made up (David pretending to be God/Holy Wayne/GR/Tom's magic hug's/Laurie's psychic scam/Miracle etc etc) to help people move on/find resolution. So he wanted to end with Nora's own magical (fake) story.
-Lindelof has said multiple times since season one that where the departed went would never be answered. It was never the point of the show to answer that question.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damon Lindelof on Balancing Mystery and Closure in 'The Leftovers' Finale

Some reasons why it should be obvious Nora was lying:

-If the parallel world has little to no technology, then it should be impossible for the creator to build a new machine to take her back.
-Wouldn't more people want to come back if the parallel world was basically a ghost town. And wouldn't they tell people their story of where all the departed went.
-Dead babies and baby fetuses would be scattered all over parallel world.
-Lindelof basically says the whole series was about people emotions and reactions after the departure and the stories/lies they made up (Holy Wayne/GR/Tom's magic hug's/Laurie's psychic scam) to help people move on/find resolution. So Nora's story to John was her own lie to resolve what they lost.
I don't remember her saying it was little to no technology.

I remember when explaining why she had to take a boat, she said the other world had the resources and technology to fly planes, just not enough pilots.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
I don't remember her saying it was little to no technology.

I remember when explaining why she had to take a boat, she said the other world had the resources and technology to fly planes, just not enough pilots.
Same shyt, If it's just 3% of the world left, then finding the people to make that machine would be damn near impossible. Also, look at my other points and read the article. This is the ending of Inception all over again. It's meant to be left up in the air, but the top obviously stopped spinning. If you believe Nora's story, your basically one of the people who believed Tom's hugs worked. Which is fine, but that also was the point of the show. Do you believe what people say if it makes you feel better.

Last edited: