The End Is Near: The Leftovers season 3 thread

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Finale was kind of weak. Would of been much better and emotional had they actually shown Nora cross over to the Departed World and see her teenage kids again.
No, because the whole point of the episode is whether to believe her or not.
Showing it happened would have ruined it.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Aint even gonna sugar coat this. That finale was a dud and thats coming from someone who loves this show. So parallel universe confirmed. With that said, Lindeloff is horrible at endings.

Yeah it was maybe or not confirmed.

Kevin's world he visited was never confirmed and neither was Nora's.

Everyone in their whole life lives in parallel universes even if they can't or can be confirmed. It's a personal thing

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
:gucci:That bytch lying. If you followed her story, she lies all the time. Kevin's "world" we got to see and experience. There's no question if he went or not.
They never showed her holding her breath for 30 seconds cause she couldn't contain herself and yelled for help right as the scene changed.:damn:
Great finale. Glad we found out they all died.:blessed:Life goes on.
:mindblown:Imagine if her story was the season/s they would have had if HBO didn't cancel/make this the final season.

Last edited:

Oville

Pro
Daps
No, because the whole point of the episode is whether to believe her or not.
Showing it happened would have ruined it.

The only redeeming part of the ending was that they provided an answer of where the people might be. The fact that she may have been lying only worsens it for me. Although I still lean on the idea that she was probably telling the truth.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Yep and the more I think about it, the more I love it.

She was lying imo. But Kevin believes her and that's all that matters.

She said in the beginning, that she doesn't lie.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I'm fearful that Colony's ending is going to suck also.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
As much as Kevin and Nora's relationship was in the background of the show, for them to pull it all together over these last two episodes and have it come back to them shows the point of the whole show, which is finding love/purpose/sanity in the midst of the chaos of life. That's all everyone was searching for this whole time. Kevin(s) with the psychosis trying to make sense of it all, Nora with the loss of her family and having nothing else to live for, even Matt and Laurie in their own ways. That's all that really mattered in the end. Plus we got direct/indirect explanations for everything in the end too. Possibly the most satisfying series finale I've seen.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nora has long since come to terms with her astonishing journey to another world and back again, in search of a lost family she now chooses to leave behind after years of grief over having that decision taken out of her hands. That’s not really what this conversation is about, for her. It’s about whether she can ever get close to anyone again, or whether her peerless pain has rendered her separate from all of humanity basically forever. To find out, she has to face her fear of rejection by the human she once cared about most. She has to find out if Kevin Garvey believes her.

“I believe you,” he says, through a face so warped by emotion his skin seems to be sloughing off his skull on one side of his face. “You do?” she asks, stunned. “Why wouldn’t I believe you?” he replies. “You’re here.” “I’m here,” she confirms, to herself and to him, her hand in his, both of them smiling through tears.

It’s the final dialogue in the series, and it wouldn’t work nearly as well had we actually watched Nora’s trans-dimensional adventures. Here, we’re put in the same position as Kevin, whose own alternate-reality experiences the show has depicted in lovingly bizarre detail, enhancing the contrast with the finale’s approach to Nora’s. We’re presented with the same information and asked to make the same decision. That, not the trip from world to world, is what The Leftovers wanted to show: a desperate person asking to be believed, and another desperate person believing.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/06/the-leftovers-series-finale-recap-the-book-of-nora.html