The "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Season 1 thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show is very entertaining from a fukkery stand point, and I love it for that, but it isn't a great show. The only reason the show/mission isn't over after this second episode is these people are terrible at the job. I find that very entertaining but from a story telling view it's a lazy and cheap way to keep the story going on a limited premise.

I agree with you on the fucckery aspect, but totally disagee on the writing. For a 2-part pilot episode, they were able to flesh out damn near every character with the exception of Sara that really didn't need any fleshing out. They gave of all incredible action for a small screen show showcasing all of their talents, AND the very FACT they were screw ups makes the writing brilliant, because how the fukk would it look like having a team randomly assembled that never worked together before and suddenly just KICK-ASS as if they got everything under control. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FUCCK UPS! None of it should of went as it planned, especially when they are considered expendable to begin with. How in the world is that lazy and cheap writing. Lazy and cheap writing is writing characters that lack any flaws, insecurities, and already a master at what they do. And save the day at the end. The fact that they are imperfect and they underestimated what they have to go through and trying to learn how to trust each other and work as a team makes me really appreciate this show. The only true flaw I have is with Hawkman and even HE gets killed which makes it all good.

But to each is own... I think this is a very good show. I already am invested with all the characters and how they interact, I am liking the action and the fucckery. The show isn't supposed to be Breaking Bad levels of greatness, it's supposed to be a highly entertaining show that doesn't take itself seriously. So again, to each is own. I think the writers did a great job for a PILOT two-parter.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with you on the fucckery aspect, but totally disagee on the writing. For a 2-part pilot episode, they were able to flesh out damn near every character with the exception of Sara that really didn't need any fleshing out. They gave of all incredible action for a small screen show showcasing all of their talents, AND the very FACT they were screw ups makes the writing brilliant, because how the fukk would it look like having a team randomly assembled that never worked together before and suddenly just KICK-ASS as if they got everything under control. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FUCCK UPS! None of it should of went as it planned, especially when they are considered expendable to begin with. How in the world is that lazy and cheap writing. Lazy and cheap writing is writing characters that lack any flaws, insecurities, and already a master at what they do. And save the day at the end. The fact that they are imperfect and they underestimated what they have to go through and trying to learn how to trust each other and work as a team makes me really appreciate this show. The only true flaw I have is with Hawkman and even HE gets killed which makes it all good.

But to each is own... I think this is a very good show. I already am invested with all the characters and how they interact, I am liking the action and the fucckery. The show isn't supposed to be Breaking Bad levels of greatness, it's supposed to be a highly entertaining show that doesn't take itself seriously. So again, to each is own. I think the writers did a great job for a PILOT two-parter.

It's lazy because none of these characters are incompetent. Outside the Hawks these are people who have been doing certain parts of their job for a long time and have been shown to be very good. For instance, Captain Cold is a great thief that plots out jobs, works only with people he trusts and has been shown to be very methodical about heists. The character we were introduced to on the Flash would never take a rookie like Ray with him on a job, especially since he planned on stealing more than just the dagger. The only reason Ray was there is that the writers needed a reason for the job not to go smoothly and an excuse for Ray and Snart to get to know each other.

The premise of the college trip was thin as hell and was built on the idea that Dr Stein couldn't build a device he designed when he was a stoned college student and instead had to steal the original from himself.:stopitslime:

Look I like the show and it's good for what it is but it is flawed and some people can't overlook that and I get that point of view as well.:manny:

I'll see you here next week.:sas1:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
The weakest thing of this show is the captain of the ship... bad actor... and he from the future but dresses like he a scotland yard private eye from the past wtf..

And the way captain cold talks is ANNOYINGGGGGG

mr x

Superstar
Daps
The weakest thing of this show is the captain of the ship... bad actor... and he from the future but dresses like he a scotland yard private eye from the past wtf..

And the way captain cold talks is ANNOYINGGGGGG

How do you know what people will wear in the future?

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Breh you see how dudes talk about women on the coli. This is the he man woman haters club
I don't hate women and I think season 4 has been pretty weak :manny:

In fact I stopped watching the show bc the flash backs are pointless, arrow getting his ass beat every week, and there is still a lot of melo drama that I could give 2 shyts about going on with the characters.:manny:

They doing pretty much everything I don't want in a comic book show.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DC LOT's:fire: synchronized action team PIFF:gladbron: ATOM can't hold his pieces together:skip: Heatwave, just blaze:whew: Snart has zero chill:umad: Firestorm, let it burn:myman: White Canary's lit:smugdraper: Young Stein found Rip invisible future ship:lupe: Gideon doesn't know how to read Calligraphy:usure: Dahrk's a time traveler too:ohhh: Vandal only dies if Hawkgirl guts him:patrice: Hawkmam, only had two eps of flappin:troll: And, they're stuck in the 70s:smugbiden:

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The show has got potential I hope they have more episodes where the group fuk around and have to untangle their own mess. Love the chemistry and the special efx are surprisingly good but the major negatives are the casting choices of hawkman, rip Hunter and vandal fukin savage. Glad 1 of those got got but what were they thinking casting that guy as savage

mr x

Superstar
Daps
DC LOT's:fire: synchronized action team PIFF:gladbron: ATOM can't hold his pieces together:skip: Heatwave, just blaze:whew: Snart has zero chill:umad: Firestorm, let it burn:myman: White Canary's lit:smugdraper: Young Stein found Rip invisible future ship:lupe: Gideon doesn't know how to read Calligraphy:usure: Dahrk's a time traveler too:ohhh: Vandal only dies if Hawkgirl guts him:leon: Hawkmam, only had two eps of flappin:troll: And, they're stuck in the 70s:takedat:

Sarah's so much more enjoyable to watch without the "am I a good guy, or am I a bad guy..I can't figure this out wahhhhhh!!!!!!!"