The conversation with darkskinned men

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I mean we definitely do go after them but I can't say I've really seen nikkas focus on only light skin women at an alarming rate :yeshrug:
I have, but black women do the same. It's conditioning tbh. My family was really color struck. To be honest with you though, as much as I was too dark I still didn't get it as bad as other black women because I had the "good hair" and slim nose to fall back on. I was considered exotic. Everybody constantly asked if I was mixed and they seen my dad was mad light with greenish eyes but I didn't have his color. I got it from my mom. Black girls with dark skin and kinkier hair/wider noses got it really bad tbh. For black men, I don't know. I really can't say. I think yall as men can be more confident with it your features cause its considered masculine but at the same time, you're still facing discrimination cause of it.

thewiz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I have, but black women do the same. It's conditioning tbh. My family was really color struck. To be honest with you though, as much as I was too dark I still didn't get it as bad as other black women because I had the "good hair" and slim nose to fall back on. I was considered exotic. Everybody constantly asked if I was mixed and they seen my dad was mad light with greenish eyes but I didn't have his color. I got it from my mom. Black girls with dark skin and kinkier hair/wider noses got it really bad tbh. For black men, I don't know. I really can't say. I think yall as men can be more confident with it your features cause its considered masculine but at the same time, you're still facing discrimination cause of it.

What's funny is only dark skin and brown skin girls have told me they don't like dark skin guys.. never light skin girls, but yeah we all face discrimination, seems like us guys have more of a whatever on to the next mentality though

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
What's funny is only dark skin and brown skin girls have told me they don't like dark skin guys.. never light skin girls, but yeah we all face discrimination, seems like us guys have more of a whatever on to the next mentality though
Cause you're men, you can get away with not looking perfect more than us. Dark skin is seen as masculine so light girls gravitate towards yall. Light people usually prefer chocolate I've noticed in my years of living lol.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Jeez. Everyone has a different experience but don't be dismissive of others experiences because they are different than yours.

I know a bunch of guys who prefer lightskin women, white women and "snow bunnies". It's weird to some of you to hear that guys do say it, but it's weird to me to heard yall act like they don't.

I even asked before if there are just more lighter skin people and maybe that's why there seems to be a preference. But some people actually just prefer lighter skin. Or you hear the excuse that dark skin girls are usually ghetto or ignorant which is a stigma /part of colorism, because you see th same dudes wifing up hood Latinas and light skin girls.

Stuff they wouldn't take from a dark skin girl, if a chick is lighter she gets a pass.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I've noticed that too. Some people seem to like what they're not, but then you have people like Chris Brown who like light skin girls.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Jeez. Everyone has a different experience but don't be dismissive of others experiences because they are different than yours.

I know a bunch of guys who prefer lightskin women, white women and "snow bunnies". It's weird to some of you to hear that guys do say it, but it's weird to me to heard yall act like they don't.

I even asked before if there are just more lighter skin people and maybe that's why there seems to be a preference. But some people actually just prefer lighter skin. Or you hear the excuse that dark skin girls are usually ghetto or ignorant which is a stigma /part of colorism, because you see th same dudes wifing up hood Latinas and light skin girls.

Stuff they wouldn't take from a dark skin girl, if a chick is lighter she gets a pass.
the same attitude that makes a black girl a ratchet hoe makes a hispanic girl a spicy latina lol

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
When you are pretty and dark skin, a lot of people seem to ask where are you from? What are you mixed with? They always seem to try a find a reason why you are "so special" or "so pretty". Like you have to be exotic you can't just be a pretty black girl, like those don't mix.

Last edited:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
When you are a pretty dark skin, a lot of people seem to ask where are you from? What are you mixed with? They always seem to try a find a reason why you are "so special" or "so pretty". Like you have to be exotic you can't just be a pretty black girl, like those don't mix.
"Pretty for a dark skin girl" :rolleyes:

thewiz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I've noticed that too. Some people seem to like what they're not, but then you have people like Chris Brown who like light skin girls.

Let me find out you've been messin with these light skin nikkas... :comeon:

Already

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there is a value that is placed on pale skin in society in general
expecting people not to care is pointless
they will and do

That value is from pasty people themselves. Being upset about their values changes nothing. I just don't understand why dark girls get stuck on this "my skin color isn't preferred" thing, whereas those light skin dudes don't seem to have that bitterness about not being preferred. All the light skin dudes I know will just date outside the race and be done with it. But darker girls seem to just dwell on it.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
That value is from pasty people themselves. Being upset about their values changes nothing. I just don't understand why dark girls get stuck on this "my skin color isn't preferred" thing, whereas those light skin dudes don't seem to have that bitterness about not being preferred. All the light skin dudes I know will just date outside the race and be done with it. But darker girls seem to just dwell on it.
I was gonna talk about the majority but I'll just talk about myself. I'm a dark skin girl, so I was taught to love myself and my dark skin and my black culture. I love black men. So I kind of expected black men to be the same. But I don't see the same loyalty to celebrating blackness when it comes to a lot of men. Instead, it seems they want something different and special. Black is too common/basic maybe? They want to stand out. Same way guys want to have fancy foreign cars, clothes etc. they want their women the same. So light skin turns into some type of status symbol for men.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
those pasty people ingrained it in every country they colonized lol
It's an actual thing that affects countries across the world so I don't see whats wrong with speaking on it