The Coli's top 10 Mystery/Suspense Voting Thread. Vol: Edge of My Seat, Breh

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I just watched la confidential it was cool but who is it so revered :dwillhuh:
what didn't you like about it breh?

i wouldn't say its revered..

but most people acknowlege it's a good movie

it didn't come close to making the list and gets overshadowed by titanic from that year

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Whoa..you don't like social network??

I thought it was good the first time around, very good I'd even say. But after a couple of rewatches, I think it's just a solid movie. My problem with that movie doesn't lay with Fincher as much as it lays with Sorkin's screenplay. I'm not a fan of his work, by which I mean I can rarely tolerate his one-note writing and when I do, continued exposure to it (such as repeated viewings) will kill it completely. Fincher is actually probably the sole reason I can still watch The Social Network to this day, and that might actually be the best description I can give of my relationship with Fincher's movies. Half of his movies are only watchable because his direction is literally the only thing stopping them from being unadulterated garbage.

killacal

Banned
Daps
what didn't you like about it breh?

i wouldn't say its revered..

but most people acknowlege it's a good movie

it didn't come close to making the list and gets overshadowed by titanic from that year
Youre right, I guess I was expecting more it was a good movie tho dont get me wrong

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I thought it was good the first time around, very good I'd even say. But after a couple of rewatches, I think it's just a solid movie. My problem with that movie doesn't lay with Fincher as much as it lays with Sorkin's screenplay. I'm not a fan of his work, by which I mean I can rarely tolerate his one-note writing and when I do, continued exposure to it (such as repeated viewings) will kill it completely. Fincher is actually probably the sole reason I can still watch The Social Network to this day, and that might actually be the best description I can give of my relationship with Fincher's movies. Half of his movies are only watchable because his direction is literally the only thing stopping them from being unadulterated garbage.

Hm well that's where we differ obviously because I love Sorkin but I feel you. Not everyone can tolerate him

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Scream is barely a horror movie, it's a satire of horror movies tho :manny:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just watched la confidential it was cool but who is it so revered :dwillhuh:
It encompassed 1950s corruption modishly:yeshrug:

...Coli Confession: I never watch Zodiac, but, I've seen Summer of Sam a gazillion time:youngsabo:

Berkowitz dog:dead: