The Coli Movie Club: You're Next

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
This was suprisenly good... there was some hidden humor that I caught or else I think it was humor. .. the kills were really good... the movie reminded me of something but I coukdnt put my finger on it... also noticed at the time I watched it that RT gave it a respectable score... I would recommend. .. also can I get next? @MartyMcFly

Gil Scott-Heroin

āœŠšŸæ
Daps
:merchant:

Dudes don't seriously think this shyt is any good. This is close to the worst film I've seen in recent memory.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I didnt think too much of this film.

It had that whole meta horror thing going on and I've seen enough of those. Script thinks its smarter than it is.

5.5/10

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Cabin in the Woods>>>>>>>>>>>>Let Me In>>>>>>>>>>You're Next>Here Comes the Devil>Berberian Sound Studio>The Conjuring

See, I hated 'Cabin in the Woods'. It was too meta, to the point where I felt like it was mocking the audience. 'You're Next' was a bit more subtle with the meta, and it felt like we were in on the joke, not the butt of it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
See, I hated 'Cabin in the Woods'. It was too meta, to the point where I felt like it was mocking the audience. 'You're Next' was a bit more subtle with the meta, and it felt like we were in on the joke, not the butt of it.

Wow there are like two other people now who feel how I feel about Cabin in the Woods. It's not that I don't like it but I agree with you that it's too pleased with itself almost to the point of being smug. It points out the tropes of horror, sits back with its arms folded and raises an eyebrow at you...smug b*stard

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did not like this movie at all here's why

It may be the most predictable movie I've ever watched (especially with the twists) they are so obvious that I'm actually confused if they are intended to to be "twists".

Way to many stupid characters that do dumb things some of the scenes in this movie were just :mindblown:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Did not like this movie at all here's why

It may be the most predictable movie I've ever watched (especially with the twists) they are so obvious that I'm actually confused if they are intended to to be "twists".

Way to many stupid characters that do dumb things some of the scenes in this movie were just :mindblown:

Elaborate breh:isthatall:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

Yea that was the point of Cabin in the Woods and I enjoyed it because as the audience, we are ultimately responsible for all the garbage horror movies we get because we fund the profits for them...I appreciated Whedon giving a fukk you to everyone that continues to fund non-original, hackneyed, and lazy horror movies. It needed to be said.