Daps
struggling to get into this one.. i have monday off i might peep then :mjpls:

i'm really A.D.D. today

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Wasn't feeling this movie as much as most of ya'll. People were making some of the dumbest decisions I ever seen.
:mindblown:Leaving your wife alone in a dark room with a maniac loose while your downstairs?
:heh:Walking backwards slowly KNOWING there's a killer in the house.
:snoop:Leaving the curtains open and windows unlocked while someone is shooting arrows at you from outside.
:comeon:Kevin Mccallister could have protected that house better than those guys.
Personally I liked The Strangers and the first Purge more. Movie was still cool thanks to that main chick. Too many predictable kills though. I was fully calling half of them before they happened. 3/5 overall

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Wasn't feeling this movie as much as most of ya'll. People were making some of the dumbest decisions I ever seen.
:mindblown:Leaving your wife alone in a dark room with a maniac loose while your downstairs?
:heh:Walking backwards slowly KNOWING there's a killer in the house.
:snoop:Leaving the curtains open and windows unlocked while someone is shooting arrows at you from outside.
:comeon:Kevin Mccallister could have protected that house better than those guys.
Personally I liked The Strangers and the first Purge more. Movie was still cool thanks to that main chick. Too many predictable kills though. I was fully calling half of them before they happened. 3/5 overall

They gotta be dumb breh. If they weren't the movie would only last 45 min

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department

For me, The Strangers was a solid 8/10...You're Next and The Purge get 5/10....:manny:

I didn't hate this movie .....but the horror/comedy/reconstruction genre is surprisingly healthy right now (Honestly, I've seen a ton of these movies over the past decade), and this wasn't one of the better ones.

I'd recommend people that really liked this to check out Sightseers...which is also on Netflix, and carriers a somewhat similar *tone* (Note, I said tone, not plot or story).

Maybe even Drag Me To Hell...

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
For me, The Strangers was a solid 8/10...You're Next and The Purge get 5/10....:manny:

I didn't hate this movie .....but the horror/comedy/reconstruction genre is surprisingly healthy right now (Honestly, I've seen a ton of these movies over the past decade), and this wasn't one of the better ones.

I'd recommend people that really liked this to check out Sightseers...which is also on Netflix, and carriers a somewhat similar *tone* (Note, I said tone, not plot or story).

Maybe even Drag Me To Hell...

Sightseers is amazing and Ben Wheatley cannot be stopped. I still disliked the Strangers and thought it was relative by the numbers home invasion blah blah

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Sightseers is amazing and Ben Wheatley cannot be stopped. I still disliked the Strangers and thought it was relative by the numbers home invasion blah blah
Yeah Sightseers was a real treat. What a surreal couple of characters....:pachaha:

While The Strangers was relatively simple...that's kinda what I enjoyed about it. It was a no-nonsense house invasion film that relied on execution instead of style.

I can see where you're coming from though.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah Sightseers was a real treat. What a surreal couple of characters....:pachaha:

While The Strangers was relatively simple...that's kinda what I enjoyed about it. It was a no-nonsense house invasion film that relied on execution instead of style.

Glad to see the strangers getting a lot of love

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

I didn't mind it being simple. I like simple effective movies. But Strangers was totally ineffective, rote and hackneyed for me. It was purely, "seen it" territory and added nothing to the genre...plus I never cared about any of the characters at all. The movie was not terrible, but it was extremely mediocre and I found myself checking my watch to get through it alot